E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Project Goblin | Status Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 bmw 530i

dammmmm...
Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Senior Members

looking good bro!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Contributors

Looks amazing, have you thought about wrapping the trunk finisher in gloss black to match the diffuser and trunk and roof spoiler?

Either way
Old 10-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

so this morning....my coworker is in front of me while we are going up the parking structure....she's inching along slowly and staring at me thru her rearview mirror. I like usually tailgate the shit out of her or anyone else who drives up the structure slowly with generous application of my horn (im a bit of an asshole while behind the wheel lol). anyway....once we get to the top of the structure where i park daily so i can eyeball my car all day while in my office, she walks over and begins to speak....im preparing myself to a tongue lashing but instead she says: Your car is so amazing. It's so damn intimidating. It looks like a beast ready to run people off the road....like a super villains car.

turns our she was mesmerized by my Orions + Red Motorcepts 5w outline angel eyes. which makes me grin from ear to ear. I tell her i recently renamed my car The Goblin. she then informs me that my car is now the talk of the office...in a positive way. people are going nuts over the matte black and gloss black color scheme. this is a big deal bc im a contractor/supplier for GM and everyone turns their nose up at anything thats not American made around these parts...

BEST MOD EVER.
Attached Thumbnails Project Goblin | Status Update-photo-33-.jpg  
Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by umichchris
Project Goblin (Matte black vinyl wrap) is progressing nicely. ive learned an awful lot during the process. i made some mistakes here and there and still need to re-wrap the rear bumper and trunk lid (thats where i started the project and have since learned how to follow the contours a lot better).

things left to complete:
  • two door handles
  • OEM M5 Mirrors install w/ coding for autofold (got held up by a seller sending me mis-matched mirrors from an M5/M6)
  • trunk + rear bumper re-wrap
  • touch ups on the front bumper
  • purchase an M5 spoiler and wrap it gloss black (considering a gloss black ACS (replica) roof spoiler, thoughts?
  • bimmian smoked LED side marker lights (my current ones are OEM sidemarkers but wraped in a tinting film, not 100% clean so they gotta go)
  • OEM Gloss Black Kidney Grilles (ditching my gloss painted ones, not perfect so they gotta go)
  • interior trim....piano black and matte black combo....you have to see it in person to really appreciate it...i LOVE it so far....still have some pieces to complete
here are a few progress pics. please forgive the iphone quality photos....once the above list is complete i will have a proper photoshoot completed in downtown Detroit.

hint: my winter wheel set up will be gloss black 19s...but i still love my gunmetal 20" 3 Piece forged Cor Colonials....they will be right back next spring after i break them down, refurb em and have the lips rechromed.
HOLY SHOOOT,
This was something I wanted to do on my M5 later next year .

AWESOME going man, SUPERB job
Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Chris, can you take some closer shots of your glossy blacked out headlights? I have done satin and matte black so far, and curious to see how glossy black in form actually looks like.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Chris, can you take some closer shots of your glossy blacked out headlights? I have done satin and matte black so far, and curious to see how glossy black in form actually looks like.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Looks stunning. Congrats.

If co-worker is a hottie - take her out for a spin. lol
Old 10-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

I want to learn how to do this very badly now. I've been wanting to wrap mine in matte white for sometime. I've called around a few places here in SoCal and the cost is CRAZY! I know it's labor intensive and all but it's darn near ridiculous. If there's someone who's willing to teach, I am your best student!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Congrats Chris. Your car is amazing. The best part is that you did most if not all of the mods yourself. You tend to appreciate it more when you put in the work.

Quick Reply: Project Goblin | Status Update