E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Project Cold List V10

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you used the E92 grille right?
Old 09-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan
Very nice!!!

The HREs are pivotal to the look IMHO. Looks so much better than a stock m5.

The interior is outstanding. You really couldn't mod your 550 to that. Looks super mint. Congrats.
Thank you VERY much for the kind words. I really appreciate that!

I agree on the HREs. I love those wheels. They not only look better but they are crazy light. When they first arrived at the shop every one of the employees was coming out and lifting them in amazement. It drives as if a weight was lifted form each corner (which technically it has. The finish is superb as well. Truly hand brushed on every inch of the wheel including the outside of the barrel where it would not even be visible with the tire mounted. Very pleased with the quality. The car actually looks just tiny bit tighter right now than in the pics as I have lowered the front another 10mm. Looks just bout perfect now. No gap but not slammed.

Nope, tried to mod the 550i as best as I could but couldn't really do that.

-Mike

P.S. I have some GORGEOUS carbon fiber (tinted black) side skirt extensions and matching front splitter that I just had custom fabricated as well as an authentic ACS roof spoiler that are all being installed next week. This should pretty much complete the look. Will post pics.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast
you used the E92 grille right?
Nope. E60.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
How can I get in touch with Mike @ Magnum for the grill for the rear bumper? I want to buy one
PM me and I'll put you in touch.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by ColdList
Thank you VERY much for the kind words. I really appreciate that!

I agree on the HREs. I love those wheels. They not only look better but they are crazy light. When they first arrived at the shop every one of the employees was coming out and lifting them in amazement. It drives as if a weight was lifted form each corner (which technically it has. The finish is superb as well. Truly hand brushed on every inch of the wheel including the outside of the barrel where it would not even be visible with the tire mounted. Very pleased with the quality. The car actually looks just tiny bit tighter right now than in the pics as I have lowered the front another 10mm. Looks just bout perfect now. No gap but not slammed.

Nope, tried to mod the 550i as best as I could but couldn't really do that.

-Mike

P.S. I have some GORGEOUS carbon fiber (tinted black) side skirt extensions and matching front splitter that I just had custom fabricated as well as an authentic ACS roof spoiler that are all being installed next week. This should pretty much complete the look. Will post pics.
New pics of what a couple twist of a coilover would look like? Hows the ride quality with that CKS/swift setup?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
New pics of what a couple twist of a coilover would look like? Hows the ride quality with that CKS/swift setup?
CKS with swift is amazing. I have them on my W211 and the ride quality is on par with my stock AMG Sport suspension if not better.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 03grey5
CKS with swift is amazing. I have them on my W211 and the ride quality is on par with my stock AMG Sport suspension if not better.
Agreed 100%. It is a very nice setup. And as I stated above, I have dropped the front down another 10mm since those pics and it has zero gap. Looks super tight and I still have a nice sporty yet comfortable ride with the CKS/SWIFT. It is slightly sportier than stock sport mode. Exactly the way I enjoy the ride. Super responsive, no rubs, very little roll (also installing Dinan FRC and rear anti roll bar hopefully this week). Should be just perfect!

Will post pics asap!

-Mike
Old 09-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Cool. I told my self I wasn't going to drop my car any more or do any suspension change but that damn mod bug is still biting. I was looking at either doin h&r sport springs with koni fsd or spring for kw v2 or v3. Now I'm thinking of CKS with swift springs since I'm hearing it's the lightest setup which is ideal for lightening unsprung weight. Damn decisions.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

i don't see a reason to shell out almost twice as much for v3s. especially if youre not going to be tracking the car.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

That's one happy kid in the last picture there!

Quick Reply: Project Cold List V10