E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Professional Navigation Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M6 F06
Model Year: 2013

A small update regarding my CCC module.
We finally make it switch on and work - great news at the moment, but i have a few more issues if someone can help me.

- CCC module installed, but everything are shown as left hand drive car since it came from USA car. How can i make it for right hand drive?
- Does the seat heating menu activates the seat heating without pressing the button on the center console?
- I downloaded the 08 navigation DVD for Europe, but Cyprus is not listed there. Can anyone let me know if the latest version has Cyprus?

Thats all for now - Pictures to follow ( time to sleep - has been a very tiring day, but my E60 has professional navi now )
Old 04-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by drantispy' post='837193' date='Apr 5 2009, 05:59 PM
A small update regarding my CCC module.
We finally make it switch on and work - great news at the moment, but i have a few more issues if someone can help me.

- CCC module installed, but everything are shown as left hand drive car since it came from USA car. How can i make it for right hand drive?
- Does the seat heating menu activates the seat heating without pressing the button on the center console?
- I downloaded the 08 navigation DVD for Europe, but Cyprus is not listed there. Can anyone let me know if the latest version has Cyprus?

Thats all for now - Pictures to follow ( time to sleep - has been a very tiring day, but my E60 has professional navi now )
I think the screens are the same LHD/RHD, but not sure. if they are different, the only fix is to code the CCC to the car so it gets the right software.

-felix
Old 04-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 545felix' post='837736' date='Apr 6 2009, 04:52 PM
I think the screens are the same LHD/RHD, but not sure. if they are different, the only fix is to code the CCC to the car so it gets the right software.

-felix
Yes there are the same, but what i mean is that when i enter the climate menu i the paseger and driver positions are on different sides
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by drantispy' post='837790' date='Apr 6 2009, 11:07 AM
Yes there are the same, but what i mean is that when i enter the climate menu i the paseger and driver positions are on different sides
yup, you need coding. Mine showed a "convertible mode" checkbox on the climate page. guess what car it came out of? that, of course, disappeared once I had it coded.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

unfortunately coding in not working. progman is asking for other part number for the CCC unit, although i installed my VIN number but still
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by drantispy' post='838008' date='Apr 6 2009, 02:07 PM
unfortunately coding in not working. progman is asking for other part number for the CCC unit, although i installed my VIN number but still
you using a progman to do this or autologic? autologic seems much more flexible about part #s.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

using progman to do the retrofit..... had enough for today. will give it a try again tomorrow
Old 06-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Members

Hi guys,

I have successfully changed out the 6.5 inch and also the old CD player. Now I have navigation screen but I have the following issues:

1) Like 1 mate above, the controller constantly goes left.. which I know can be fixed by changing to Idrive high version. I just got one from Ebay. But I wonder if the "BIG Menu Button" needs to be changed to "Small Menu and small Voice" button. My mech has problem removing the armrest... the PDF doesn't detail how to get it off to get to the Idrive... Does any kind soul has the PDF?

2) I don't have the wireless harness for the fan, and its running without it now. is it fine to just do without it? or I can customise with some PC wiring harness and get them to the pins?

3) the unit came from germany and everything is german. Can I change the map just by putting in my country's map DVD in?

4) I don't have the antenna, so the only connection is to the black hole which I know is for the radio... But somehow, its able to get to the satellite fine... as I can see myself moving in the map thought the map is in German... Can I survive without the antenna?

Thanks so much!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Members

Just a small update to those who are interested in retrofiting this.

I finally solve issues. First the Idrive high controller was bought. There was no clear explanation of what "high" is all about and I will explain it here.

Idrive high controller has the following characteristics:

1) No clicking when not powered. It turns freely with no resistance.
2) On power, it stiffens up. clicking is achieved by forced feedback. you can't turn it anymore when there's no more options.
3) It has 8 directional pushes. Yes 8 means you get North-east and such.....

I managed to get the mech to fabricate the ccc fan cable. Hard solder it to the right pins. pins are detailed in the retrofit guide.

Once Idrive is installed- hard to get to the Idrive. but the process is not inpossible. You need a torx screwdriver though and a really short one to unscrew it upside down. Installation is the same. It uses the same cable as Idrive low.

If you don't get the additional Menu button with speech its ok. works still.

With the Idrive high in place- I managed to changed the language to english. There's french and german also.

It came with HUD and Bluetooth and heated seat(don't need it in this part of the world-forever summer) which I don't have.

Lately I found that I have no bass, but that was because of the previous owner's setting of sound stage more to the rear. Once I toggle it back, it resumes to normal.

However, I am trying to solve 1 problem, 1 week ago the cd and dvd do not play music anymore. The option is greyed out for CD and DVD. It reads navigational disk fine but I don't see any maps coming up. It calculates the route and also lets me find the right address.

Whenever I push in a Music disk into the CD player, it doesn't react.

Oh well, its been a lot of mods lately for me, I am going to slowly resolve this and update. At least the music sounds perfect now.

=)

Enjoy!