E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Professional Navigation Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I was wondering if you managed to succesfully fit your Nav pro. I am in the process of doing the same but I noticed that you changed your Idrive module, I've spoken to my BMW dealer and he has told me that I don't need to change this. At the moment I don't have any navigation in the car. I have bought a CCC and 8.8" montior and when I fit them my Idrive is constantly going to the left so I can't operate anything with it apart from the button. I was wanting to know exactly what you had to do and if you were succesful. Do you have a copy of the instructions or a list of all the required parts? I know about the software updates etc as my dealer has expained all of this but I'm a bit confussed about what else needs to be done. Do I need extra wiring? I know I nee to get a wiring connection for the fan but what else is needed. The car was built in 2005 and is a UK model.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by euan' post='612810' date='Jun 30 2008, 09:11 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if you managed to succesfully fit your Nav pro. I am in the process of doing the same but I noticed that you changed your Idrive module, I've spoken to my BMW dealer and he has told me that I don't need to change this. At the moment I don't have any navigation in the car. I have bought a CCC and 8.8" montior and when I fit them my Idrive is constantly going to the left so I can't operate anything with it apart from the button. I was wanting to know exactly what you had to do and if you were succesful. Do you have a copy of the instructions or a list of all the required parts? I know about the software updates etc as my dealer has expained all of this but I'm a bit confussed about what else needs to be done. Do I need extra wiring? I know I nee to get a wiring connection for the fan but what else is needed. The car was built in 2005 and is a UK model.

Thanks in advance
you absolutely need to change the controller in the center console for the one with feedback. it's plug and play, but it's a pain to get to it. the feedback controller will work fine with the M-ASK.

search the forum, there is a detailed .pdf with full instructions for euro-spec cars.

good luck,
Old 06-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

this looks like a heall hard project.
but worth it i am sure.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RJH&CO' post='612944' date='Jun 30 2008, 01:22 PM
this looks like a heall hard project.
but worth it i am sure.
actually, aside from the coding of the CCC unit, this pales in comparison to ripping out the old factory amp in my old E39s, E36, E34... Everything is plug and play, once you get the right harnesses. Euro cars might be a bit more difficult if they don't have the 638/639 option (bluetooth/assist modules) but even then it's just running a few wires that plug right in on both ends. yawn. with each generation the cars get easier and easier to disassemble.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:01 AM
Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by fvicente' post='612872' date='Jun 30 2008, 05:03 PM
you absolutely need to change the controller in the center console for the one with feedback. it's plug and play, but it's a pain to get to it. the feedback controller will work fine with the M-ASK.

search the forum, there is a detailed .pdf with full instructions for euro-spec cars.

good luck,

I upgraded my navi from business to proff and I had to change the idrive if the dealer says you dont have to then I would disgaree with your dealer, I have done 2 of theses upgrades now and on both cars we had to change the idrive
Old 03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stone face' post='614313' date='Jul 2 2008, 02:01 PM
I upgraded my navi from business to proff and I had to change the idrive if the dealer says you dont have to then I would disgaree with your dealer, I have done 2 of theses upgrades now and on both cars we had to change the idrive
Is it possible to fit a NAVI PRO - facelift model to a E60 of 2005 (pre)facelift??
Old 03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Contributors

pro nav is nice, but if you have it with HUD... it's alot better
Old 03-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M6 F06
Model Year: 2013

Sold both of my navigation professional CCC modules last month on ebay, but one of the users didnt manage to retrofit it on his car, so he is sending it back to me. I will try to reinstall it on my E60 but this time i will also retrofit an HUD thanks to my friend Benno our fellow member of e60.net

The nav pro problem i was facing was due to the vin number installed in eprom since was a used part bought from ebay. The last two weeks i made a small research and i believe i will manage to install my vin number in epprom and hopefully everything will work fine.

Await for pictures and step by step instructions.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by drantispy' post='823686' date='Mar 22 2009, 10:39 AM
Sold both of my navigation professional CCC modules last month on ebay, but one of the users didnt manage to retrofit it on his car, so he is sending it back to me. I will try to reinstall it on my E60 but this time i will also retrofit an HUD thanks to my friend Benno our fellow member of e60.net

The nav pro problem i was facing was due to the vin number installed in eprom since was a used part bought from ebay. The last two weeks i made a small research and i believe i will manage to install my vin number in epprom and hopefully everything will work fine.

Await for pictures and step by step instructions.
i bought a used CCC off ebay that came from a 6 series and the dealer programmed it just fine. only CCCs from about 3/07 on are VIN coded. I don't know if software updates to the newer versions do the same.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

You guys are WAY smarter then me. I wouldn't go near this...

Good luck

Quick Reply: Professional Navigation Retrofit