E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Predator Ice V2 - Resistor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I bought a used set of these and all was well for like one day. I noticed that one side had burnt out and thought, ok the resistor might have went bad considering the fact I bought the set used. I then bought a replacement resistor, plugged it in.....nothing. I took the same resistor plugged it into the other side, and it wouldn't work either. Correction, it would work, but only if I pressed down very hard to squeeze the connection from the bulb to the resistor really tightly. So I summized that is wasn't the bulb connection it was the resistors b/c I still had the old one and the new resistor I had bought and they both are this way. Anyone else bought a resistor and the fitment was just off, is there a way I could configure it to work. I already tried filing down the resistor connection and that didn't do it. I have also contacted Umnitza to see if they had an answer and to see if they would just replace the resistor for me but haven't heard back. I have already put too much money in this mod to keep throwing money at a resistor at $25 a pop.

PS. The other resistor I have works on either bulb with NO issue.....weird.

PSS. If anyone wants this used set of Predator ICE V2 bulbs at a big discount, let me know. I know they work, just need a resistor that will do the trick on them .
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: M5

Sorry to hear that, They worked fine when I had them. I just upgraded to the Mtec V2s because they were brighter. Are you sure the connection is good, I had mine installed from the shop with no problems.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Members

Yeah I am positive the connection is good, there's something with the resistors I believe. No worries, I am just going to sell them anyway to get the Mtech V2's.