E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Which plate will look better on a mystic blue

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by jtxc' date='Sep 11 2004, 10:22 PM
I forget if you removed it or insisted it not be installed. If you removed it, or anyone else in cyberland, I'd like some tips on what to do with the holes .
I don't have the holes but I imagine someone makes a plug that could be painted the color of the car. A more expensive alternative would be to have a body shop fill the holes with some sort of flexible material that is used to repair bumper skins.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jtxc,

My family lives in NYC. So I go to the city almost every other week.

The tac pkwy is fine but how about 684 for racing other?

I done 120 on 684.

I take it easy on the tac. pkwy. I know the bimmer should handle well those tight curves but how about if the driver is not that great!

Old 09-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Sep 11 2004, 08:44 PM
[quote name='jtxc' date='Sep 11 2004, 10:22 PM'] I forget if you removed it or insisted it not be installed. If you removed it,? or anyone else in cyberland, I'd like some tips on what to do with the holes .
I don't have the holes but I imagine someone makes a plug that could be painted the color of the car. A more expensive alternative would be to have a body shop fill the holes with some sort of flexible material that is used to repair bumper skins. [/quote]
I'm going to ask my body guy on monday. I'm sure you remember my unfortunate mishap with my rear end. I picked up the car wed. and it looks great. However I also asked them to fix a small nick in the hood and I'm NOT happy with the result. The body guy/owner said no problem he'll take care of it, so maybe they can do the holes when they touch up the hood again.

Anybody know of a plug to cover the holes? I HATE FRONT PLATES!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jtxc' date='Sep 11 2004, 09:23 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Sep 11 2004, 08:44 PM'] [quote name='jtxc' date='Sep 11 2004, 10:22 PM'] I forget if you removed it or insisted it not be installed. If you removed it,? or anyone else in cyberland, I'd like some tips on what to do with the holes .
I don't have the holes but I imagine someone makes a plug that could be painted the color of the car. A more expensive alternative would be to have a body shop fill the holes with some sort of flexible material that is used to repair bumper skins. [/quote]
I'm going to ask my body guy on monday. I'm sure you remember my unfortunate mishap with my rear end. I picked up the car wed. and it looks great. However I also asked them to fix a small nick in the hood and I'm NOT happy with the result. The body guy/owner said no problem he'll take care of it, so maybe they can do the holes when they touch up the hood again.

Anybody know of a plug to cover the holes? I HATE FRONT PLATES! [/quote]
How much he charged you for the hood repair?
Old 09-11-2004, 07:27 PM
Senior Members

No plug that I've seen. Probably have to fill the holes and paint the bumper (or part of it. Maybe the bodyshop can come up with something.

I didn't install my front bracket and left the new car sticker on the windshield to avoid a ticket.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Sep 11 2004, 09:07 PM
I take it easy on the tac. pkwy. I know the bimmer should handle well those tight curves but how about if the driver is not that great!

Yeah I was thinking the twisties would be fun. I'm going up there in october, I've been asked to speak at a graduation, go figure. Looking forward to the Hudson valley this time of year it's spectacular. I've got a little problem though...........a $250 ticket that I got on the prkway in '91.........never paid it (I was quite poor then) I have never had a problem registering a car or renewing a license but tooling the prkway in my 545 may be asking for trouble. We'll see........
Old 09-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

I would go for the black one.

Maybe you can make a poll out of this thread.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Sep 11 2004, 09:33 PM
I would go for the black one.

Maybe you can make a poll out of this thread.
Thanks Jimbo,

Want to know something funny? my father nickname is

Chimbo!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I'd opt for none. If there was no state requirement for a front plate in MA, I wouldn't have one. I think it is a much cleaner look. Most people will know it's a BMW. No need for an extra roundel! Save the $$ and use it to take the long way home one day.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Contributors

The best way to plug the license bracket holes other than bodywork and paint is to put a round-head screw into the hole. Use an allen key style to look neatest. Paint the screw head if desired.
IMHO, adding a BMW front plate lacks imagination. Mount a polished stainless plate with a more meaningful insignia or even flag.

Quick Reply: Which plate will look better on a mystic blue