E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Picture Request - Rear-view mirror area

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 04:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to buy a V1 and hardwire it. I know there are all kinds of DIY's for hard wiring so that is no problem...I want to come up with a way to hard mount the unit right above the mirror so it is hard to see from outside the car. Also, I don't want to use the suction cups because they get nasty over time and always leave tell-tale rings on the window if you remove the device. My thought is to engineer a bracket that could, in theory, mount somewhere above the rear-view mirror / sunroof mechanism area and come down right at the windshield and snap onto the V1 like the clip mount does. For this to work I'll need to identify an existing bolt that I can use or a place to add a mounting bolt.

I would like to know:

a) has anyone already come up with a similar fix? (I have searched and did find a quite elaborate install but it was more involved and required disassembling the V1)
b) does anyone have any pictures of the roof of the car with the headliner removed and / or the courtesy lights/switch panel out?

Thanks!!

Joshua