E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='425020' date='May 16 2007, 09:45 AM
Kelly, you are dealing with some of the best installers in the country, i hope you do know that, they have won like 14 Iaasca competitions. If anyone can make something happen its Speakerworks, I went there for quotes on my CDT audio install, as you can see, they are a huge CDT dealer, i first demoed the CDT line there and just fell head over heals for the stuff. They are a little on the expensive side but very good. I got my stuff done at Radioactive in Ontario. Ken Bell is another very well known installer that has done a lot of nice work, just take a look at some of his pictures. He used to work at Audio City (Way overpriced, won't even consider you unless you are building a huge $$$ system) If you want, you should go to Ken and ask him for a quote, He did mine very cheap but took a very long time, he would work on it on his down time, i guess thats the price i paid for having good work done at a reasonable price. Go in there and negotiate pricing, just don't tell him i told you how much he charged me. He might not charge you the same but might get very damn close to it. Even at 500 or so for all that work is still a great price. If you do the speakers and the whole system he will break it down for you nicely and give you an overall deal.

I didn't know that the H650 was out yet, i have heard awesome reviews on it, i heard it sounds different than the H701. Good luck with that, I have another shop working on my box and trunk for a very reasonable price PM me for details you will flip out at the work they are doing and at what price, i should be able to pick up my car friday all complete and installed.
It's very nice to know that E60 forum members are looking to expand our sound system I myself like KU would be very happy to help other BMW members with anything i can.

Thanks guys, this has become a great thread.

Nelson I have heard the RF 360.2 is a great piece of equipment but it serves more like an alpine hubpro with equalization. the H650 is a processor, both great pieces but i think Aces in their places, meaning for processors the active H650 H701 H900 and i beleive the DQ by audiocontrol are some of the best. Of course the ultimate best is by far the F1 status Alpine H900 but its pricey, KU has one and im sure he is raving about it.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='425028' date='May 16 2007, 09:51 AM
Nelson I have heard the RF 360.2 is a great piece of equipment but it serves more like an alpine hubpro with equalization. the H650 is a processor, both great pieces but i think Aces in their places, meaning for processors the active H650 H701 H900 and i beleive the DQ by audiocontrol are some of the best. Of course the ultimate best is by far the F1 status Alpine H900 but its pricey, KU has one and im sure he is raving about it.

KU

i have done some FG in the past, i didn't want to venture out and do it on the E60 because of fear of messing it up. I might want to venture out and make some pods on the pillars but wanted your input, if you could do them perhaps i would go that route, i get lazy at times and it would probably take me forever in comparison to you.

RJ
Old 05-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

RJ,

The pxe-h650 is not out yet. ive been waiting for it since last year. it suppose to come out by the fall. the 3sixty.2 and the hub and two different beast.
the 3sixty.2 and the h650 are basically the same thing. the take your factory unit outputs that are heavily equalize and flattened them.,so you can get a flat signal going to your amps or the hub. its a very expensive LOC, but it worth it if you keeping the factory headunit. i have the Audiocontrol LC8 and its not helping me in the signal department, that one o the reasons i still have noise. jbl is supposedly coming out with a better product then the h650 or 3sxity.2.
its the jbl ms-8. it comes out in the fall too. it works the same ways but is more versatile. regardless i need one of them because im using the factory hu. im tired of waiting for the h650 and might go with the 3sixty.2.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='425031' date='May 16 2007, 09:53 AM
KU

i have done some FG in the past, i didn't want to venture out and do it on the E60 because of fear of messing it up. I might want to venture out and make some pods on the pillars but wanted your input, if you could do them perhaps i would go that route, i get lazy at times and it would probably take me forever in comparison to you.

RJ

Im shopping around pillar tweets if any of you have some let me know these are the options

CDT ES01
http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/thes...ods/ES-01.html

LPG 25NFA textile dome tweeter
http://www.madisound.com/pdf/lpg.pdf

SEas Neo I can't seem to find pics on these

ID NX30 (Image dynamics)

http://www.imagedynamicsstore.com/idstore/...ocket-p-58.html

whichever tweeter i pick will go in parallel with my ES02 in my kickpannel

any advice?
Attached Thumbnails Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-lpg.jpg   Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-es_01_gold.gif  
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Senior Members

Nelson,

My guy explained it somewhat the same way but would never put it in comparison to the H701 or the H650 is like an integrator more like the hub but for equalization.

I'm not sure, In any case there was one that was sold on E46fanatics about a month ago for 170 is that a freakin bargain or what, this kid wanted to get rid of it and iwas a tad bit late
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-trunk3a.jpg
Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='425064' date='May 16 2007, 10:37 AM
Nelson,

My guy explained it somewhat the same way but would never put it in comparison to the H701 or the H650 is like an integrator more like the hub but for equalization.

I'm not sure, In any case there was one that was sold on E46fanatics about a month ago for 170 is that a freakin bargain or what, this kid wanted to get rid of it and iwas a tad bit late

Wow, I might end up with 12 total speakers in the system.

Since i have 2 extra channels on my PPI arts i might wire them to the rear fill and add a cap at 300hz high pass and lower the gain.
woot! woot!

here is the basic set up
Old 05-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='425157' date='May 16 2007, 12:24 PM
Attachment 32340
Wow, I might end up with 12 total speakers in the system.

Since i have 2 extra channels on my PPI arts i might wire them to the rear fill and add a cap at 300hz high pass and lower the gain.
woot! woot!

here is the basic set up
RJ I looked at the tweets that list any would be fine but why not do another set of the ones that you have? The only concern that I have about you running the tweets parallel is that the tweetrs that are going in the pillar need to be crossed over at a different freq. They will be more for ambiance. You won't have seperate control over them. I can build the pods for you if you like not a problem. I also like the rainbow cal 26 for this application and if you feel like a baller the Genisis Ring Radiator. The Seas tweet would not be a bad choice, or just pull the tweet out of your kicks.

Nelson I have used the RF360.2 and the only thing that I don't like about it is the lack of outputs. there are not enough if you plan to run a 3 way plus sub. it has the high level ins like the h650 but the h650 will give you enough outputs as long as you are not going to want to run a center channel. I am also not sure how you control the h650. alpine has not released it yet and my dealer doesn't know when it will come. the price is not bad at 400 bucks where the 360 is 5 and some change unless you find a used one plus you need a palm to run it. I think the h650 you can connect to your pc like the H701 and h900 and h990. There are very few processors out there that give enough channels. My DXE does but it is not digital and has no T/A which this car is going to need.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='425054' date='May 16 2007, 08:28 AM
RJ,

The pxe-h650 is not out yet. ive been waiting for it since last year. it suppose to come out by the fall. the 3sixty.2 and the hub and two different beast.
the 3sixty.2 and the h650 are basically the same thing. the take your factory unit outputs that are heavily equalize and flattened them.,so you can get a flat signal going to your amps or the hub. its a very expensive LOC, but it worth it if you keeping the factory headunit. i have the Audiocontrol LC8 and its not helping me in the signal department, that one o the reasons i still have noise. jbl is supposedly coming out with a better product then the h650 or 3sxity.2.
its the jbl ms-8. it comes out in the fall too. it works the same ways but is more versatile. regardless i need one of them because im using the factory hu. im tired of waiting for the h650 and might go with the 3sixty.2.

Correct the H650 is not out yet. There is huge difference between the H650 and the 3Sixty.3. They both flatten and have EQ on the output side. The 3Sixty.3 is only 1/3 octave and the H650 has over 500 EQ points time aliments, better summing and other features. You really can not compare the two. But the 3Sixty.3 is out and the H650 is not!

I have known Eric since '84 when he started working on my dad's cars. Back when the damn parrot would bit me and before the GN. RJ Where do you live?

I have thried many different subs in my trunk and here is what I finally installed. I had CDT, ID, Infinity perfect 12.
Attached Thumbnails Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-img_9730_small.jpg   Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-img_9718_small.jpg   Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-img_9728_small.jpg  
Old 05-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

just called alpine and they told me that the h650 should be out in 1-2 months..but who knows if its true. it way suppose to be out last year.
crossing my fingers..
Old 05-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='425186' date='May 16 2007, 03:25 PM
just called alpine and they told me that the h650 should be out in 1-2 months..but who knows if its true. it way suppose to be out last year.
crossing my fingers..

Nelson the 3sixty is now windows bases so no palm needed anymore.

KU-- I know what you're saying. I thought of going with Tweeters of the same kind in the pillars ES02 great sounding good quality but they are 2" tweets that require a sealed enclosure , the depth is huge therefore making it very difficult. My other option were the ES01 which are smaller and great in quality but don't know what the install charge would be.

another one to consider is the ID nxt30 but its 1.5 in depth and flush mount 2.5-2.75 in diameter. Being that you have done the pillars do you think it might look tacky to have these large tweeters int he pillars?

I have no more channels available in my processor so my only option is to go with parallel to the other tweets i thought of buying a attenuator for volume control for the pillars. Whats your advice.

I would love some CAL26 which are great from what i have heard but a bit pricey, can you get me a good deal on them?

Quick Reply: Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors