E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='424779' date='May 15 2007, 06:53 PM
Nelson go online and check for car audio shops in your surrounding cities, that place is way to expensive and their work is not all that amzing, you should see the stuff they do out here for that price. 1200 bucks gets me some ridiculous fg doors all the way with moldings and even some carbon fiber parts.

Thats just insane.
I'm probably going to miami and tampa this weekend to check some shops. there a shop in atlanta that specialize in bmw's. but I don't really feel like driving that far..wish me a lot of luck bro.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

What about in Daytona? Don't they hold the IASCA Finals there every year? I would think they have great stereo shops there.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='424840' date='May 15 2007, 10:20 PM
What about in Daytona? Don't they hold the IASCA Finals there every year? I would think they have great stereo shops there.
They do. i went to SBN nationals couple years ago. as far as i know theres nothing there
i might be wrong.
Do you know any installers subterFUSE in the area?
Old 05-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='424845' date='May 15 2007, 07:30 PM
They do. i went to SBN nationals couple years ago. as far as i know theres nothing there
i might be wrong.
Do you know any installers subterFUSE in the area?
Hey guys I put some feelers out to some of my other stereo guys to see who they would recommend down there in FL. If you wanna make a trip to KS I will hook you up.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KU530' post='424880' date='May 15 2007, 11:59 PM
Hey guys I put some feelers out to some of my other stereo guys to see who they would recommend down there in FL. If you wanna make a trip to KS I will hook you up.
How far is Florida from Kansas .When do you have available time?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='424883' date='May 15 2007, 11:05 PM
How far is Florida from Kansas .When do you have available time?
Ku.. you are in Kansa city , good lord lol im all the way in southern cali. I do like your work, perhaps you recommend something im trying to do some pillar tweets i will run them parallell with my other 2" tweets in the kickpannels but would if i go with the ES 01 i will need a very special custom install check the link below to see if you think it can be done. How much would you charge me FG and make a custom install for these

http://www.cdtaudio.com/SilkSoftDomeTweet.htm

its the bottom tweeter ES01 my other option is the drt26 what do you think.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Members

RJCASTR,

Looking great on the fronts they have been a huge issue for me. Where did you go to have the baffles built and installed? Did you say $400? I have spent a lot of time with Eric at Speakerworks working on the car. We have been waiting on the H650 to fix all the EQ issues. SpeakersWorks have done 4 cars for me. Pat is a world class installer but $400 is a great deal.

Kelly
Old 05-16-2007, 03:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Kellywb' post='424915' date='May 16 2007, 01:36 AM
RJCASTR,

Looking great on the fronts they have been a huge issue for me. Where did you go to have the baffles built and installed? Did you say $400? I have spent a lot of time with Eric at Speakerworks working on the car. We have been waiting on the H650 to fix all the EQ issues. SpeakersWorks have done 4 cars for me. Pat is a world class installer but $400 is a great deal.
Kelly
have you try the RF 3sixty.2? i been allso waiting for the h650.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

Yes I am near KC. I live in Lawrence home of the Jayhawks. Florida is a bit of a drive I would say about 19hrs or so. It is 12 to Atlanta from here if that gives you a frame of reference.

Here is a guy in florida that is world class I forgot that he was down there. His name is Steve Head. audionutz

RJ I will PM you later about the pillars I have to run so I will check the link later and see what work may be involved.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='424992' date='May 16 2007, 09:03 AM
Yes I am near KC. I live in Lawrence home of the Jayhawks. Florida is a bit of a drive I would say about 19hrs or so. It is 12 to Atlanta from here if that gives you a frame of reference.

Here is a guy in florida that is world class I forgot that he was down there. His name is Steve Head. audionutz

RJ I will PM you later about the pillars I have to run so I will check the link later and see what work may be involved.
Kelly, you are dealing with some of the best installers in the country, i hope you do know that, they have won like 14 Iaasca competitions. If anyone can make something happen its Speakerworks, I went there for quotes on my CDT audio install, as you can see, they are a huge CDT dealer, i first demoed the CDT line there and just fell head over heals for the stuff. They are a little on the expensive side but very good. I got my stuff done at Radioactive in Ontario. Ken Bell is another very well known installer that has done a lot of nice work, just take a look at some of his pictures. He used to work at Audio City (Way overpriced, won't even consider you unless you are building a huge $$$ system) If you want, you should go to Ken and ask him for a quote, He did mine very cheap but took a very long time, he would work on it on his down time, i guess thats the price i paid for having good work done at a reasonable price. Go in there and negotiate pricing, just don't tell him i told you how much he charged me. He might not charge you the same but might get very damn close to it. Even at 500 or so for all that work is still a great price. If you do the speakers and the whole system he will break it down for you nicely and give you an overall deal.

I didn't know that the H650 was out yet, i have heard awesome reviews on it, i heard it sounds different than the H701. Good luck with that, I have another shop working on my box and trunk for a very reasonable price PM me for details you will flip out at the work they are doing and at what price, i should be able to pick up my car friday all complete and installed.

It's very nice to know that E60 forum members are looking to expand our sound system I myself like KU would be very happy to help other BMW members with anything i can.

Thanks guys, this has become a great thread.

Quick Reply: Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors