E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='424233' date='May 14 2007, 01:52 PM
PICS PICS PICS, lets show some pics, hopefully i'll have some pics to post up very soon here.
horns are probably the best in terms of highs but require a lot of high end crossover tunning capabilities.

good luck on the install , please show some pics, yes?

Here's a look at the Image Dynamics horns from my 1994 Acura Legend LS coupe.

I had the horn bodies painted to match the body color of the car, which was white. I also had 8 inch woofers installed in the doors, for midbass. I then had three JL Audio 10W6 subs in the trunk. The amplifiers were all Precision Power, Art Series. 4 amps total. Each horn had it's own separate amplifier. The 8 inch subs had an amp for them, and the three JL Audios in the trunk had an amp.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='424387' date='May 14 2007, 07:21 PM
Here's a look at the Image Dynamics horns from my 1994 Acura Legend LS coupe.

I had the horn bodies painted to match the body color of the car, which was white. I also had 8 inch woofers installed in the doors, for midbass. I then had three JL Audio 10W6 subs in the trunk. The amplifiers were all Precision Power, Art Series. 4 amps total. Each horn had it's own separate amplifier. The 8 inch subs had an amp for them, and the three JL Audios in the trunk had an amp.

good job on the horns, KU good job on the kicks.... im lucky i live in california where there are plenty of stereo shops competing for business so a lot of times things are more cost competitive.

3 more days till i get my baby back.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

I wish I had place to take my car. as much as I love to save a few pennies and the satisfaction that my cars are built by my own hands. I wish I could just drop it off give the installer my designs and schematics and come back in a few days to a week and pic up the finished product but there are not as many high end shops around here anymore. most people just want the simple installs and all the me too products ie JL,Kicker, Rockford etc.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Senior Members

Nelson were you referring to this m5 ?

I am not that impressed. But some of there other work is down right steller. This may even warrent a trip to FL
Old 05-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 BMW 525i Premium Package, Xenon Lighting Package, manual Transmission. Titanium Grey, 20% Tint around the back, 70% V-Kool on front. Planned mods: Style 71 wheels with Toyo Proxy 4 tires, Sachs suspension upgrade, upgraded stereo, and many more to come.

besides the earthquake 8", any other shallow mount 8" that will fit under the seat?
Rainbow made a shallow mount 8" but it's slightly deeper than the earthquake, anyone try that?
I read thru this thread and I am just drooling on what you guys have done to your system. ku530 and rjcastr can you guys updated your profile to show your locations?

I got some nice gear that's been waiting to go in to my car, like the Seas lotus mids, some Audison VRX amps, but never have a chance or money to do a good system. I used to have Rainbow profi vanadium in my car which I love...
Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kchan' post='424636' date='May 15 2007, 12:47 PM
besides the earthquake 8", any other shallow mount 8" that will fit under the seat?
Rainbow made a shallow mount 8" but it's slightly deeper than the earthquake, anyone try that?
I read thru this thread and I am just drooling on what you guys have done to your system. ku530 and rjcastr can you guys updated your profile to show your locations?

I got some nice gear that's been waiting to go in to my car, like the Seas lotus mids, some Audison VRX amps, but never have a chance or money to do a good system. I used to have Rainbow profi vanadium in my car which I love...

I have the luxury of having many places in socal, i myself wasn't impressed with ultimate audio, i told nelson that when i spoke to them on the phone.
i agree with KU i bet you do better work and for the money they want to charge for a door baffle and a tweeter its way overpriced.

i got my kicks and midbass doors 3 way custom fg for 400 both sides woot! woot!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by KU530' post='424630' date='May 15 2007, 01:38 PM
Nelson were you referring to this m5 ?

I am not that impressed. But some of there other work is down right steller. This may even warrent a trip to FL
Yes that the car. they have a 4-5 store chain in central florida. they supposed to be the best around here..their cars have been featured in a lot of car audio magazines..a lot of the professional athletes in the country do their cars there..
my only beef with them is that they don't carry enough high end name brands. the best line they have is the focals. they were drooling over the rainbows that I have. they never seen them, but they heard that they were one of the best speakers out there.theres no authorize rainbow dealer in florida .they quoted me $800 to $1200 to do the doors. I begged the installer to stay in the $800 range.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kchan' post='424636' date='May 15 2007, 01:47 PM

Pioneer makes a shallow sub that would fit in the stock location but I read a lot of bad reviews on them.
Those lotus must be really nice. read nothing but good reviews on them...
Old 05-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='424733' date='May 15 2007, 04:06 PM
Pioneer makes a shallow sub that would fit in the stock location but I read a lot of bad reviews on them.
Those lotus must be really nice. read nothing but good reviews on them...

Nelson go online and check for car audio shops in your surrounding cities, that place is way to expensive and their work is not all that amzing, you should see the stuff they do out here for that price. 1200 bucks gets me some ridiculous fg doors all the way with moldings and even some carbon fiber parts.

Thats just insane.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='424779' date='May 15 2007, 06:53 PM
Nelson go online and check for car audio shops in your surrounding cities, that place is way to expensive and their work is not all that amzing, you should see the stuff they do out here for that price. 1200 bucks gets me some ridiculous fg doors all the way with moldings and even some carbon fiber parts.

Thats just insane.
I'm probably going to miami and tampa this weekend to check some shops. there a shop in atlanta that specialize in bmw's. but I don't really feel like driving that far..wish me a lot of luck bro.

Quick Reply: Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors