E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

awesome job on the pillars..now you made me wish I had mine done in suede..lol
Old 05-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='426949' date='May 21 2007, 04:38 PM
awesome job on the pillars..now you made me wish I had mine done in suede..lol
Well I do aim to please!!!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KU530' post='427001' date='May 21 2007, 10:11 PM
Well I do aim to please!!!!!
You the man brother
do you think it will look right if only the pillars were done in suede?
how much is the suede for the headliner? is it hard to do on your own?
once again congrats on the awesome job you did the interior.
you should open your own shop
Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Contributors

great news..
the h650 should be out by june 15

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SAuRMFymKHA/c...mp;i=500PXEH650
Old 05-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='427029' date='May 21 2007, 10:49 PM
great news..
the h650 should be out by june 15

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SAuRMFymKHA/c...mp;i=500PXEH650

thats correct Nelso, i agree with you, KU you should definately open up a shop, the man has a lot of knowledge and his work is just awesome.

I have pics of my trunk semicomplete im waiting for the pics to go to my email they are currently in my phone.

im a little concerned and upset as they deviated from the original design and just did what they thought, never at one point did they tell me if it was okay to face the subs backwards i was to have the back completely sealed from the rest of the trunk to prevent rattling now i have to get it all dynamated and will be mor work since my trunk is already done, the same thing with the screen mold it was supposed to be angled at a 45 degree for better visibility and its not. It was supposed to be flushed and it won't. they said it wil look great but i think i will have to take it elsewhere to get retouched i can only image the added costs.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='427062' date='May 22 2007, 03:07 AM
thats correct Nelso, i agree with you, KU you should definately open up a shop, the man has a lot of knowledge and his work is just awesome.

I have pics of my trunk semicomplete im waiting for the pics to go to my email they are currently in my phone.
im a little concerned and upset as they deviated from the original design and just did what they thought, never at one point did they tell me if it was okay to face the subs backwards i was to have the back completely sealed from the rest of the trunk to prevent rattling now i have to get it all dynamated and will be mor work since my trunk is already done, the same thing with the screen mold it was supposed to be angled at a 45 degree for better visibility and its not. It was supposed to be flushed and it won't. they said it wil look great but i think i will have to take it elsewhere to get retouched i can only image the added costs.

The pics
Attached Thumbnails Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-image_00083.jpg   Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-image_00084.jpg   Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-image_00085.jpg  
Old 05-22-2007, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='427067' date='May 22 2007, 04:08 AM
The pics

KU,

I found some Alpine F1 status tweeters for sale, what do you think about these? Not bad pricing at 150$ but im willing to negotiate with the seller.

Will these work okay in my pillars, according to his very extensive review, they are very good.
Attached Thumbnails Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-alpine_f_1_tweeters_all.jpg   Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-alpine_f_1_tweeters_all___size2.jpg   Phase 1 Stero system complete  :doors-alpine_f_1_tweeters_back.jpg  
Old 05-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

Ron are they the slowest installers or what!!!! I dont see a lot of glass work in the trunk shots so what is taking thme so long. Dont let then try to charge you more becasue it took them longer. How many guys are working on your car? That is actually a simple set up it should not take that long to build. Heck I will more than likely have my subs in by the end of the week and then start my kicks and doors and amprack is is going to be a pill.

I dont like any of alpines drivers I feel they are over prices and don't perform to the price level. But in this case since they are not the main tweet do what fits the budget.

Nelson the suede is not that expensive depending on how much you get and what brand so on and so on. If you are hand and patient doing the headliner is not that bad. The biggest thing is figuring out how to get the sun shade out. I will post pics of the liner in about an hour. I dont want to open a shop becasue the business out here is getting really slow or everyone wants cheap stuff and I reufse to be like everyother shop around here. I just do my own cars and help out friends when I can.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='427220' date='May 22 2007, 12:54 PM
Ron are they the slowest installers or what!!!! I dont see a lot of glass work in the trunk shots so what is taking thme so long. Dont let then try to charge you more becasue it took them longer. How many guys are working on your car? That is actually a simple set up it should not take that long to build. Heck I will more than likely have my subs in by the end of the week and then start my kicks and doors and amprack is is going to be a pill.

I dont like any of alpines drivers I feel they are over prices and don't perform to the price level. But in this case since they are not the main tweet do what fits the budget.

Nelson the suede is not that expensive depending on how much you get and what brand so on and so on. If you are hand and patient doing the headliner is not that bad. The biggest thing is figuring out how to get the sun shade out. I will post pics of the liner in about an hour. I dont want to open a shop becasue the business out here is getting really slow or everyone wants cheap stuff and I reufse to be like everyother shop around here. I just do my own cars and help out friends when I can.

They are not charging me a lot 900 to have everything wired, FG the front screen mold which im not to happy about the way it came out, had everything wired and did the box and the trunk which is very simple as you can see. The other shop wante 1200 just for the trunk with an elevated false floor and the box sealed completely from the trunk firing in to the cabin through the ski pass, im not to happy about the way this is coming out. I'm very disturbed right now, i will take some pics when its done and see what i can do. If the screen mold come out bad, would i be able to send it to you so that you can make it flush, i rather pay you to do it than some shop out here. I'm just running out of money now and this thing is still not done.

Thanks KU--
Old 05-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='427232' date='May 22 2007, 02:55 PM
They are not charging me a lot 900 to have everything wired, FG the front screen mold which im not to happy about the way it came out, had everything wired and did the box and the trunk which is very simple as you can see. The other shop wante 1200 just for the trunk with an elevated false floor and the box sealed completely from the trunk firing in to the cabin through the ski pass, im not to happy about the way this is coming out. I'm very disturbed right now, i will take some pics when its done and see what i can do. If the screen mold come out bad, would i be able to send it to you so that you can make it flush, i rather pay you to do it than some shop out here. I'm just running out of money now and this thing is still not done.
Thanks KU--
Sorry to hear that you are not happy with how the install is going.
are they atleast trying to make you happy?

Quick Reply: Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors