E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pathway Lighting via key fob

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
How interesting. I was not aware of this method, lol. I'll have to take a look over it when I get connected to my car. Now, why is it that you can't get it to work via the other method? Are you receiving particular error message? Or is it simply not accepting your MAN file coding?
takes the coding just fine but DRLs don't light up. I have to go through this every time I code LMA if I want them back on.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by 545felix
takes the coding just fine but DRLs don't light up. I have to go through this every time I code LMA if I want them back on.
Oh wow. Very rare problem indeed. So only the DRL coding for your LMA doesn't work, or any other code in LMA doesn't? I'll have to look over your trace file and figure out what's going on.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Contributors

Oh wow. Very rare problem indeed. So only the DRL coding for your LMA doesn't work, or any other code in LMA doesn't? I'll have to look over your trace file and figure out what's going on.
truth be told, I haven't coded much that affects LMA. the last time this happened was when I coded the whole car. here's the .man file i used on this latest round. had to change extension to .txt to get it to upload.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
FSW_PSW.txt (197.2 KB, 738 views)
Old 10-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

Thanks Simon for sharing this ( I've seen it somewhere else but didn't pay any attentions ) , but for LM1 people ,, this is the best and easiest option for having a similar welcome light function for your car without running any wires ... , IMHO , and it should not interfere with trunk release since the trunk release required a long press , Pathway requires short/single press ..

BlooD : sorry to hear about your accident dude ,, I didn't read about it before since I'm little busy these days with our BMW Club ( new season just started ) so really busy ..but Glad you are OK dude ,,
Old 10-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ehssan
Thanks Simon for sharing this ( I've seen it somewhere else but didn't pay any attentions ) , but for LM1 people ,, this is the best and easiest option for having a similar welcome light function for your car without running any wires ... , IMHO , and it should not interfere with trunk release since the trunk release required a long press , Pathway requires short/single press ..
This is true, but also reminded me of something I forgot to note.

If this is coded, if you are opening the trunk with the key fob, pathway lighting will be activated as well. Not that it's necessary a bad thing, but just a note.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:08 AM
Contributors

This is true, but also reminded me of something I forgot to note.

If this is coded, if you are opening the trunk with the key fob, pathway lighting will be activated as well. Not that it's necessary a bad thing, but just a note.
Ah OK ,, but as you said ,,it's still OK
Old 10-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Contributors

got it figured out. I had been trying to code DRL_V_GEDIMMT to aktiv, when I should have been coding it with wert_02. Now I have DRLs and pathway lighting via fob, and I can recode my LMA at will without losing my DRLs.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:37 PM
Contributors

BTW , for people with LM1 which uses LM_E60.C0B / LM_E60.C0C data files , I've seen many options to disable/Enable what to swith on with the pathway option ( FOG - Angel eyes - High beam - Low Beam etc etc ) , so it's good to look at
Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M54 2005 Alpine White Sport/Cold/Premiun Sound/Active Steering Navigation/PDC/sport seats/6 CD Changer

This is great!! worked on my first try

-2005 525i

BTW , for people with LM1 which uses LM_E60.C0B / LM_E60.C0C data files , I've seen many options to disable/Enable what to swith on with the pathway option ( FOG - Angel eyes - High beam - Low Beam etc etc ) , so it's good to look at
Where is this option please??
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Yup, this is what I was referring to earlier. However, it seems that there are more than one version of LM2 out there. The reason I say that is because I looked for other values on a LM2 car two days ago, and couldn't find it on that car.

Quick Reply: Pathway Lighting via key fob