E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Orion V2 Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

R these the ORION V2 for E60 Pre LCI (BMW 5 Series) ????

The small ring is smaller than the Stock OEM

The Large ring has hooks to clip onto something ??

Can someone please confirm this ?
Attached Thumbnails Orion V2 Install-20101211_004.jpg  
Old 12-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Yes they are e60, they are a bit smaller than the OEM ones. Its fine though, you just have to allign it best possible. I put my rings alligned off the bottom IIRC. Do a test fit with tape before attaching the rings on, I used tape then tried to put it in the assembly to see how it looked. I was gonna take a pic of mine but my freaking battery died
Old 12-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Yes they are e60, they are a bit smaller than the OEM ones. Its fine though, you just have to allign it best possible. I put my rings alligned off the bottom IIRC. Do a test fit with tape before attaching the rings on, I used tape then tried to put it in the assembly to see how it looked. I was gonna take a pic of mine but my freaking battery died
My Garage heater died out, you guys wont belive my garage is such a mess. I am going to get to this thing and finish it no matter how late at night it would be.

Phil, your great help buddy, If you can get my ur pictures it would be great. I am going to go and cut open the second light in the mean while
Old 12-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Shave down those clips on the orions. They are useless. Once the rings are flat, then glue them to the silver rings. Those clips are initially for the e46, but umnitza of course gives you rings that aren't ready for install.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
Shave down those clips on the orions. They are useless. Once the rings are flat, then glue them to the silver rings. Those clips are initially for the e46, but umnitza of course gives you rings that aren't ready for install.

Smart !

I should say your the expert but then what about the Umnitza U that is going to be seen.

What I did here was a little change - I didnt want to show that "U" nor the wires that came with it so I modified stuff here and there, I will continue to keep the E46 clips but also hide the Umnitza "U" along with the wires.

The silver inner ring was removed and so were the 2 of its supports to the right. The Silver shed was carved to accomodate the Umnitza angel eye.

The E46 clamps along with the 3 supports from the removed silver ring along with the Silver light itself will support our Umnitza Angel eye.

Experts, do you think or see a problem with this setup, please advice

Attached a snapshot of what I have now
Attached Thumbnails Orion V2 Install-20101211_007.jpg  
Old 12-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

:thumbsdown:
We give clips because people can make their own decisions on how to install. In fact, we've rekindled our work with OSS Designs, Luis now is capable of doing anyone's install on the East Coast and we recommend him at this time, and he will use the clips on E92 lights sometimes too.

Originally Posted by theracerboss
Smart !
I should say your the expert but then what about the Umnitza U that is going to be seen.

What I did here was a little change - I didnt want to show that "U" nor the wires that came with it so I modified stuff here and there, I will continue to keep the E46 clips but also hide the Umnitza "U" along with the wires.

Attached a snapshot of what I have now
The expert in this case is actually YOU. You do what you want to do, it's now your product and your install
Old 12-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Wait a second, your keeping the original angel eyes on your headlight, then putting on the orions? It's looks like it from the photo.

Umnitza, As for the clips, where r u supposed to clip them to on The e60 headlights???? I sure don't see anywhere to do that. Also the small ring does not have clips and
The large one does... Why is that? Weird.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Contributors

Yeah you don't keep the originals in the headlight!!! Those have to come out, the clips have to be cut for them to fit e60, they may work on e46 but not on e60 that requires this much modification.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Contributors

Just took some pics of mine.

http://imgur.com/QYyWM.jpg

Name:  iEVHV.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  260.2 KB
Used a bit too much glue as you can see but its really not noticable unless you really look closely
Old 12-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Wait a second, your keeping the original angel eyes on your headlight, then putting on the orions? It's looks like it from the photo.

Umnitza, As for the clips, where r u supposed to clip them to on The e60 headlights???? I sure don't see anywhere to do that. Also the small ring does not have clips and
The large one does... Why is that? Weird.

Yes!
The original for the small (High Beam) goes as is -- The idea here was to light it red and retain as much as aesthetic value as possible.

Tried to do that with the big one also but couldnt manage it.

Back to the idea, the original OEM halo will be red to give it an evil border but this is just for the smaller eyes - It will not be 2 bright since the Umnitza lights are out of the world but will still add a punch, if you know what I mean

If the plan doesnt work, I dont loose anything but if it does then it would be COOL

Quick Reply: Orion V2 Install