E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

OK, I would like some opinions on my ride????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Well from the begining I have always been ify about blalck rims... Black rims are more sporty looking...Now as to the look of your car... I personally don't think that those match your car due to that your car isn't black...and also since there is not a chrome lip those rims they really belong on a black car...but I have also gotten negitive resposes about my rims so it also seems that I am not one to judge.. its all your personal preference...but if I were to look at your car from a quick glance the rims would catch my eyes more then the actual car...anyway if you like it hey whos stoping you im sure with the ACS stuff your goin to achieve the look you are going for...
Old 05-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

All this is personal taste so go for what u like. Had it been me I would have used either a polished lip or same color as car on the wheel lip to act as a seperator to break the all black look of the tire / wheel combo. Good design on wheels though. It will stand out and be very individualistic which is, I believe, what u r trying to achieve. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results, which is all that counts

Nice touch in regards to your friend as well and sorry for ur loss
Old 05-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

Its somthing different and in my honest opinion i like it...its very unique... ...and were as unique as they come considering we drive E60's
Old 05-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Well, first I would like to thank everyone for their honesty. I knew some people would get it and some wouldn't. For those who were so concerned as to why I care what everyone thinks, well I'm not at all. I was just curious as to my fellow E60 drivers opinions that's all. For those who said that if the wheels had chrome lips, they would be much more appealing. That's exactly the look I don't want. I am anti chrome. The goal here is to eliminate ALL chrome. I like it on other peoples cars, just not on mine. Not the look I'm trying to achieve. For those who are curious to see the finished product, it will be soon and I will post pics when done. For those who said that it's definitely unique, well THAT is what I tried to achieve and I think very successfully. Knowing that there isn't an E60 out there like mine is what I call "mission accomplished". I'm not one for appealing to the masses. Thanks again and I will post pics when completed.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

I think it looks great and sets you apart from everyone else. The car needs tinted tails, reflectors and side markers to match the wheels and tinted windows.

Jon
Old 05-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Contributors

Thanks Jon. I haven't forgotten about you. I still want to do it. I will most certainly be in touch.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I love it! I was thinking about how nice the Silver Gray would look with dark anthracite wheels or black wheels.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I think black rims will look best with black cars. That being said, I can't shake the picture of black rims associated with steel stamped rims. Inside of every plastic wheel cap lies a black rim.

I would pass.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

well, i like the look if you really look closely, but if you look at the car really quick, it looks like its sitting on black hub caps but without the caps

But hey, everyone has their own preference, thats the beauty of personalization.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Senior Members

oh yea...and is that a carbon fiber BMW embelem in the back???

Quick Reply: OK, I would like some opinions on my ride????????