E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Nomis_nehc's Orion V2's and my Brabus LCI HID Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, fellas. My very first mods ever on any bimmer I've ever owned, were installed today. I finally bit the bullet and purchased brabusw209amg's LCI HID Angel Eyes (8000K), LED sidemarker bulbs and license plate LED bulbs. This may not seem like much to you mod vets but this is a big step for someone who isn't mechanically or electrically inclined, although I was able to install the LED's well enough. The AE's were the bigger challenge. I didn't have the tools or the wherewithal to tackle the install so after consulting with brabus, he said a fellow SoCal'er could help.

Thanks to nomis_nehc and his buddy Jorge (sorry, dude, I don't know your handle on here), the install couldn't have been smoother. In less than a couple of hours, the HID's were fired up and everything looked great! On top of that, nomis showed me his Orions and the rest of his mods (of which there were plenty and I must say, very tastefully done).

Here are the AE's:

Nomis' Orion V2's:

Close up of Nomis' Orion V2's:

My HID AE's:

Side by side (Orions on the left, HID's on right):

Nomis and I should have pulled our cars out into the sun so you all could check out their visibility under daylight conditions. Trust me when I say that both AE's are clearly visible! Bear in mind that I took these pics on my Storm2's camera while Nomis and Jorge took some pics with dedicated shutters so I hope they decide to post their pics.

So, if any SoCal'ers want to get brabus' HID's installed, contact nomis and/or Jorge! These dudes can also do the Eugene eyebrows mod as well as the M5 cluster mod (perhaps my next mod)! A special thank you also to brabusw209amg for his excellent customer service, prompt delivery and extreme patience with my stupid questions...

Glad to be part of this forum. I think I've got the mod bug...
Old 05-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Nice to meet you Fokker. I have to say I like your real name better, lol. I will post pics once I get a chance, sitting at the airport and waiting for my flight
Old 05-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you made the time to do the install, dude. Have a safe flight and when you get back let's talk about the cluster mod!