E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

No AUX Input for my e60

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I have nav and have it.
The AUX Input can be installed on all E60's.
Your SA is full of [oooppsss] ...

Tell him to order the part and to install it.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Members

I am getting mine installed as we speak. Leith BMW had never heard of the part or the document. They looked it up on Centernet and it was not there. They were rather surprised I produced the document. They analyzed it heavily and came to the conclusion that BMWNA does not support the install even though it can be done and they will do it. he said that europeans get all of the cool toys and the american cars get the shaft!! he said the electrical systems are overloaded in the US and a lot of the options that europeans get, we cant get because of the amount of options already overloading the electrical system. What BS!!!

Pablo
Old 01-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Jan 26 2005, 02:25 PM
Now before I get mad.... :bashwall:? :bashwall:? :bashwall:

After the Bluetooth Fiasco, and having to end up with a CPT9000, I thought to myself that having them add a AUX input would be a no brianer.? I reminded my dealer to order the part for my service appt tomorrow...

I emailed him the service bulliten, and he just called me to say:

I am looking this up based on your VIN, and don't think this is a possible addition for your specific car.? WHAT THE F#$#?????? How can this be?? Do I get ANYTHING that the other e60 owners get?? I have a March 04 production...? He wants to know who I talked to that said this it's possible for my baby.

Anyone hear this before?? Should I call BMWNA and ask them?

James
[snapback]83330[/snapback]
jksanford- The reason most dealers have never seen the Aux bulletin that most everyone now has is because at the bottom of the page after the BMW word there is an (AG) which means Germany only Bulletin. As I understood my BMW SHOP FOREMAN, you can either have a CD changer install or the Aux Input as they both connect on the same terminal. One thing that will happen for sure is that when the new program in connected sometime it does not see the Aux on your Idrive which means about another 4 hours of re-programing the car once again until it comes up on the Idrive. Once it does, you should see AM-FM-CD-AUX on your entertainment screen Idrive. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Yes - This is not a USA optional part. Dealers in the US cannot order the part nor have it listed.

My dealer is unwilling to help me order it from, say Canada, and install it. They say it is not FCC approved and therefore illegal in the USA at this time.

Ugh! I would LOVE that input.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Jan 26 2005, 08:11 PM
Yes - This is not a USA optional part.? Dealers in the US cannot order the part nor have it listed.

My dealer is unwilling to help me order it from, say Canada, and install it. They say it is not FCC approved and therefore illegal in the USA at this time.

Ugh!? I would LOVE that input.
[snapback]83530[/snapback]
That is just simply BS...My Parts guy said the same at first until I told him to still go ahead and order the part for me. It took about 2 weeks and 2 times of ordering the same part until it arrived. Then you have to start with part 2 the service dept. for install. If you take them the instructions that are here at this board they should be able to do it. I just had mine installed here in MIAMI FL. and the process took me an additional week of going back and forth but at the end they got it done. As I mentioned before the Staff at Braman BMW here in Miami is A++ when it comes to product knowledge and Customer Service.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

It is an official BMW part and can be ordered and installed anywhere in the world.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jan 26 2005, 08:11 PM
I have nav and have it.
Your SA is full of [oooppsss] ...

Tell him to order the part and to install it.
[snapback]83483[/snapback]

Old 01-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Jan 26 2005, 12:25 PM
Now before I get mad.... :bashwall:? :bashwall:? :bashwall:

After the Bluetooth Fiasco, and having to end up with a CPT9000, I thought to myself that having them add a AUX input would be a no brianer.? I reminded my dealer to order the part for my service appt tomorrow...

I emailed him the service bulliten, and he just called me to say:

I am looking this up based on your VIN, and don't think this is a possible addition for your specific car.? WHAT THE F#$#?????? How can this be?? Do I get ANYTHING that the other e60 owners get?? I have a March 04 production...? He wants to know who I talked to that said this it's possible for my baby.

Anyone hear this before?? Should I call BMWNA and ask them?

James
[snapback]83330[/snapback]

Ordered mine from BMWPARTSGUY and had it installed at East Bay BMW in Pleasanton, CA. No one gave me any hassle, and it cost me $149, even tough it took 3 hours to install. Your dealer is yanking your chain.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:00 PM

Had mine done at Prestige in Ramsey NJ
Old 01-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

Had mine done at Prestige in Ramsey NJ

Quick Reply: No AUX Input for my e60