E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

No AUX Input for my e60

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 10:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now before I get mad.... :bashwall: :bashwall: :bashwall:

After the Bluetooth Fiasco, and having to end up with a CPT9000, I thought to myself that having them add a AUX input would be a no brianer. I reminded my dealer to order the part for my service appt tomorrow...

I emailed him the service bulliten, and he just called me to say:

I am looking this up based on your VIN, and don't think this is a possible addition for your specific car. WHAT THE F#$#????? How can this be? Do I get ANYTHING that the other e60 owners get? I have a March 04 production... He wants to know who I talked to that said this it's possible for my baby.

Anyone hear this before? Should I call BMWNA and ask them?

James
Old 01-26-2005, 10:30 AM
Members

Don't call BMWNA they are not supportive of the install. You will need to find another dealer or another SA that understands the E60. I had to visit three dealers to get it done, but it was worth it.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Members

Anyone have this done in NYC? My dealer in LI wont do it for me!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring the AUX installation printout to dealer and talk to a different SA.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

As far as I know there's nothing special about installing it.
Perhaps he doesn't want you car to be hooked up to his computer all day for the sw upgrade.

i was lucky, my saleman called me when the car had just arrived that they had just recieved the aux parts as well.
A few weeks before that when ordering the car he told me he knew nothing about the possibility of an aux in!
Attached Thumbnails No AUX Input for my e60-aux_in.jpg  
Old 01-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Jan 26 2005, 01:25 PM
Now before I get mad.... :bashwall:? :bashwall:? :bashwall:

After the Bluetooth Fiasco, and having to end up with a CPT9000, I thought to myself that having them add a AUX input would be a no brianer.? I reminded my dealer to order the part for my service appt tomorrow...

I emailed him the service bulliten, and he just called me to say:

I am looking this up based on your VIN, and don't think this is a possible addition for your specific car.? WHAT THE F#$#?????? How can this be?? Do I get ANYTHING that the other e60 owners get?? I have a March 04 production...? He wants to know who I talked to that said this it's possible for my baby.

Anyone hear this before?? Should I call BMWNA and ask them?

James
[snapback]83330[/snapback]
It should be a piece of cake. The Aux In can be installed on all E60's.

Here is the pdf of the instructions that I used (also a 03/04 production).
Old 01-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Contributors

That's the bulliten I emailed my SA. I can't believe that the Dealerships don't keep up with this stuff. I know that they have a lot of models to deal with, but I'm beside myself that I have to PUSH them.

If anyone else has any details I can give my SA, it would be greatly appreciated.

James
Old 01-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Jan 26 2005, 03:04 PM
That's the bulliten I emailed my SA.? I can't believe that the Dealerships don't keep up with this stuff.? I know that they have a lot of models to deal with, but I'm beside myself that I have to PUSH them.

If anyone else has any details I can give my SA, it would be greatly appreciated.

James
[snapback]83368[/snapback]

James,

My SA read the document and said no problem. They were excited and more than happy to try it. It is a bit of work and there is a small amount of reprogramming involved. It took longer to clear the faults in the computer than it took to physically connect the radio and cable. This is not rocket science. There are lots of E60's that have had this done. Try another dealer maybe??
Old 01-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Members

Question: Does your car have Nav? I have a July 04 production E60 with Nav and have been told that the conflict is with the Nav, and that if I didn't have Nav I could get the adapter. Can anyone comment on this?
Old 01-26-2005, 01:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dr.wu' date='Jan 26 2005, 03:44 PM
Question: Does your car have Nav?? I have a July 04 production E60 with Nav and have been told that the conflict is with the Nav, and that if I didn't have Nav I could get the adapter.? Can anyone comment on this?
[snapback]83382[/snapback]
My coes does not have Nav. I checked with the SA who installed my AUX In and was told that it should not matter on the E60. Other BMW's have a confilict I understand but the set up is supposed to be different in the E60. Aslo the instructions from BMW do not indicate that this is for cars without NAV.

Quick Reply: No AUX Input for my e60