E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Nex GT Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 415BMW
Sam, have you ever installed a set of these before?

I asked him before and he said no, but he did use to sell wheels from the company that distributes these coils; Golden Apple.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
I asked him before and he said no, but he did use to sell wheels from the company that distributes these coils; Golden Apple.
Too bad they don't make a XI application, price is good!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for the info. I'm just about ready to go coils and get rid of my Eibach/stock shocks.
I just might go this route too. These seem like a less expensive alternative to KW's.

Yes, please keep us posted. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ferdie
Thanks for the info. I'm just about ready to go coils and get rid of my Eibach/stock shocks.
I just might go this route too. These seem like a less expensive alternative to KW's.

Yes, please keep us posted. Thanks!

They also carry a less expensive version called the NEX SS for our cars, it has only height adjustability but the shocks are preset.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Nice, cheaper options are always a plus. I know the BMW community tends to get snobby and say KW, Bilstein, JIC/Cross, etc. or go home stock. But in the Japanese car forums I visit, there are a ton of cheaper alternatives such as these Nex, Apexi, k-sport, megan, etc. Wish there were more for our cars but I'm anxious to hear your review! I was going to change out my stocks within the next 5-10k miles but I'm thinking I might as well get coils.

Oh and where did you pick these up from?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Nice, cheaper options are always a plus. I know the BMW community tends to get snobby and say KW, Bilstein, JIC/Cross, etc. or go home stock. But in the Japanese car forums I visit, there are a ton of cheaper alternatives such as these Nex, Apexi, k-sport, megan, etc. Wish there were more for our cars but I'm anxious to hear your review! I was going to change out my stocks within the next 5-10k miles but I'm thinking I might as well get coils.

Oh and where did you pick these up from?

yeah ive seen it quite a bit on here, considering that KW V2 wholesale based on your location is $1500-$1680 the rest is dealer markup.

I got mine from Maxspeedperformance.com

They gave me a smoking deal and I just got off the phone with Ritchie over there. Im going to stop in after the install and they are going check it out and take some snaps
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Contributors

The other thing too its all about reasonable expectations for something like this, Im not expecting super high end coils and I didnt pay for that either. I deff wont fanboy these if they are just ok, great or crappy. Ive read enough BMW owners reviews on these to feel comfortable buying them and testing them out for the e60 and our forum.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Sounds great man! Cheaper alternatives is what i like to hear.

Are we sure they don't fit LCI models, anyone?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bha7176
Sounds great man! Cheaper alternatives is what i like to hear.

Are we sure they don't fit LCI models, anyone?

well maxspeed lists it at build production of 03-07 for the e60 series, 08 was LCI
Old 02-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

make sure you adjust the height CORRECTLY. they aren't like traditional coilovers.

Quick Reply: Nex GT Coilovers