E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New wood piece on center console

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 03:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Still no closure on this topic !!!

I dont know much about bmwpartsguy, but I do know the fellow at Crevier had some problems getting the parts numbers too.

I really dont understand all the confusion. Either the vehicle has NAV (with CCC) or does not have NAV (has MASK). Either the vehicle has poplar trim or anthracite trim.

Oh well, still looking for the antracite finish/no NAV (cubbyhole, MASK).

Almost time to call Commissioner Gordon in Gotham City to get out the big searchlight ...
Old 10-31-2004, 04:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gizmo' date='Oct 31 2004, 02:16 PM
Still no closure on this topic !!!

I dont know much about bmwpartsguy, but I do know the fellow at Crevier had some problems getting the parts numbers too.

I really dont understand all the confusion. Either the vehicle has NAV (with CCC) or does not have NAV (has MASK). Either the vehicle has poplar trim or anthracite trim.

Oh well, still looking for the antracite finish/no NAV (cubbyhole, MASK).

Almost time to call Commissioner Gordon in Gotham City to get out the big searchlight ...
[snapback]51347[/snapback]
Don't forget about us guys with Titanium. I want it as well. There are a few of us with it.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmwpartsguy' date='Oct 30 2004, 05:52 AM
[quote name='BMW_NYC' date='Oct 30 2004, 02:45 AM']O.K.- I'm a bit confused here, and hate to add to anymore of the confusion....but - so we seem to have all the right part #'s except for poplar with Nav. ?? Is this the case? If so- BMWPARTSGUY, is there anyway you could help me get the number for the Poplar w/Nav.? My car is going in soon and I would like that to be added then since I am having a lot of work done. Thank you in advance for your time and patience. My dealer has yet to find me the correct part, and you said yourself any wood parts are a major pain to look into ....so you have no idea how much I appreciate you looking into this matter for myself and everyone. Big thumbs up to BMWPartsGuy!
[snapback]51021[/snapback]
It all depends on if you have the CCC system or the MASK system. UnFORTUNATEly the rear wood piece is looking to be even harder to figure out.
[snapback]51064[/snapback]
[/quote]

what is the different between CCC and MASK?
thanx a lot.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Mask is used with business navigation. ccc with pronav. Although I believe if you have the advance airconditioning you also get ccc.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 03 Honda RC51 03 Toyota Tacoma

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Nov 2 2004, 04:28 AM
Mask is used with business navigation. ccc with pronav. Although I believe if you have the advance airconditioning you also get ccc.
[snapback]52015[/snapback]
Old 11-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by mlist84' date='Nov 2 2004, 03:10 AM
what is the different between CCC and MASK?
thanx a lot.
[snapback]52011[/snapback]
You can look over the attached documents to determine the differences. There are many additonal links (indicated by the "more" text) that are impossible to post using the board software so for now, the general page and the system overview pages are going to have to do...

CCC General Information:
CCC_General_Information.pdf
CCC System Overview:
CCC_System_Overview.pdf
M-ASK General Information:
M_ASK_General_Information.pdf
M-ASK System Overview:
M_ASK_System_Overview.pdf
Old 11-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Contributors

thanx a lot guys. I do understand now.

btw, I have asked to my dealer about retrofiting the center wood console. they estimate about $150 bucks. How do you think?

the center console itself is about $139 + tax.

mine is poplar wood without nav ---> it means poplar with cubby hole
Old 11-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Contributors

I had the center console wood trim piece installed on my E60 today. The wood trim on my E60 is poplar wood.

The wood on new center trim piece I ordered is a bit darker than the wood on the console where the gearshift is located, but it is about the same shade as the large wood trim piece that runs across the instrument panel. The parts department at the dealer warned me when I placed the order that the wood trim might not match exactly, since wood naturally varies.

I'm pleased with change. It dresses up an area of the instrument panel that looked a bit stark for my tastes.

The part number for the center console poplar wood trim piece I ordered is 51-45-6-951-026.

If you're interested in getting the center console wood trim piece, you'll need your car's trim number and equipment, to get the correct part number for your car. The dealer should be able to get the trim number and equipment profile if you provide your car's VIN. I can't stress too much that the correct part depends upon a number of factors, so it's very important to have that information.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by beemerjim' date='Nov 4 2004, 11:33 AM
I had the center console wood trim piece installed on my E60 today.? The wood trim on my E60 is poplar wood.?

The wood on new center trim piece I ordered is a bit darker than the wood on the console where the gearshift is located, but it is about the same shade as the large wood trim piece that runs across the instrument panel.? The parts department at the dealer warned me when I placed the order that the wood trim might not match exactly, since wood naturally varies.

I'm pleased with change.? It dresses up an area of the instrument panel that looked a bit stark for my tastes.

The part number for the center console poplar wood trim piece I ordered is 51-45-6-951-026.?

If you're interested in getting the center console wood trim piece, you'll need to provide your car's trim number and equipment, to get the correct part number for your car.? I can't stress too much that the correct part depends upon a number of factors, so it's very important to have that information.
[snapback]52714[/snapback]
how much did you pay for and do you have pics ?
Old 11-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Contributors

The dealer charged me US$109 for the part and US$149.25 labor to install it. I'll post some pix tomorrow.

Quick Reply: New wood piece on center console