E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Attempt to Assess Gains from 545i Mods:

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I,manufactured 2-27-08,delivered 4-2-08.Platinum bronze,natural brown interior,light poplar trim,cold weather package,heated rear seats,HD radio

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='222099
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='221939' date='Jan 10 2006, 02:00 AM
I've been anxiously waiting to get all their products as well. Apparently production is a little backed up at Dinan so it'll be several weeks before they'll have something available for me. It would be nice to get the CAI, throttle body and exhaust installed at once for maximum effect. I'm pretty sure I can feel a 25-28 hp increase, if their claims are true.

I'm curious how much additional increase the MAF and ECU programming will provide.
I am curious about the MAF and ECU too. Why not get a GT2 and do some baseline tests before installation? And, join in on the G-meter thread.
I was thinking about that as well. Where can I pick up one or is it only online through the manufacturer?
[/quote]

Go for ir EuroCarFan it would be nice to have another source of data for all to compare.I agree with Znod get the more expensive one,its still a bargain considering the wealth of information it can record.

Originally Posted by Znod' post='222055
I've been anxiously waiting to get all their products as well. Apparently production is a little backed up at Dinan so it'll be several weeks before they'll have something available for me. It would be nice to get the CAI, throttle body and exhaust installed at once for maximum effect. I'm pretty sure I can feel a 25-28 hp increase, if their claims are true.

I'm curious how much additional increase the MAF and ECU programming will provide.
I am curious about the MAF and ECU too. Why not get a GT2 and do some baseline tests before installation? And, join in on the G-meter thread.
[/quote]

Go for it you guys.After doing your modds and testing for results you can always refer to my "stock" 545 times to measure your progress.I am still waiting for the Dinan "shift" program to be available.Its probably the only modd I would consider.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

What do you guys think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Passport-G-...sspagenameZWDVW

Do I risk a chance that there's a malfunction with a used unit?

BTW, you guys are bad influence!!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='222318' date='Jan 10 2006, 05:55 PM
What do you guys think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Passport-G-...sspagenameZWDVW

Do I risk a chance that there's a malfunction with a used unit?

I don't know. I don't like ebaying at the moon. But, many good deals are made there. The seller seems to have an excellent reputation. So, why not get it?--provided that you will get a new one if the used one doesn't work properly. We need participants, and we like you.

BTW, you guys are bad influence!!

Good.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Contributors

I just ordered a new one....

Can't believe it....I don't see that anywhere on my wish list....do you??? Might as well order a sleeping bag for the car while I'm at it.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='222552' date='Jan 11 2006, 01:55 AM

Can't believe it....I don't see that anywhere on my wish list....do you??? Might as well order a sleeping bag for the car while I'm at it.
No, I don't see it. Good deal. Be sure and use a 12" roll out, and check out both my and grogan's meter settings in total on the G-meter thread. For all practical purposes, they are the same except he has been using a 10" roll out. Happy wheel spinning. Be safe.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,manufactured 2-27-08,delivered 4-2-08.Platinum bronze,natural brown interior,light poplar trim,cold weather package,heated rear seats,HD radio

Originally Posted by Znod' post='222670

No, I don't see it. Good deal. Be sure and use a 12" roll out, and check out both my and grogan's meter settings in total on the G-meter thread. For all practical purposes, they are the same except he has been using a 10" roll out. Happy wheel spinning. Be safe.
[/quote]

You have convinced me,I am going to a 12" rollout.It is the best way to compare everyones times.

You are doing a great job recruiting new performance "nuts".The more data gathered the better.Kind of like a magazine testing several of the same type cars(545's)to give a perspective on the sight variations from vehicle to vehicle.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Contributors

Hey, I just realized that I ordered a different meter than what Znod is using. I ordered the Passport GT2 but should I have ordered the GTech? When you guys said to get the more expensive one, I thought you meant get the Passport GT2 over the GT1 but I think you meant to get the GTech RR model over the SS model? And when I posted that eBay link for the used Passport GT2, no one said that it was the wrong one.

Oh well, I should be getting the Passport GT2 on Fri.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by grogan545' post='223052
Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='222552' date='Jan 11 2006, 01:55 AM

You have convinced me,I am going to a 12" rollout.It is the best way to compare everyones times.

You are doing a great job recruiting new performance "nuts".The more data gathered the better.Kind of like a magazine testing several of the same type cars(545's)to give a perspective on the sight variations from vehicle to vehicle.
[/quote]
Cool. More comparability will be great.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='223126' date='Jan 12 2006, 12:53 AM
Hey, I just realized that I ordered a different meter than what Znod is using. I ordered the Passport GT2 but should I have ordered the GTech? When you guys said to get the more expensive one, I thought you meant get the Passport GT2 over the GT1 but I think you meant to get the GTech RR model over the SS model? And when I posted that eBay link for the used Passport GT2, no one said that it was the wrong one.

Oh well, I should be getting the Passport GT2 on Fri.
Passport GT2 is the right one. I have a VTech also, but didn't like it because it provides almost no info I want unless I go a full quarter. Relaxxxxxxx. You did good. Check the G-Meter thread; you'll see that realtyman, grogan, and I all are using GT2's.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Contributors

I spoke too soon. I had just started reading your G-Meter thread and thought I ordered the wrong brand. I'm further into that thread now and...wheww..... I've glanced at that thread before but never got a chance to reply. The more I read it now, the more anxious I am about getting my GT2. Great read, great info.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='223145' date='Jan 12 2006, 01:26 AM
I spoke too soon. I had just started reading your G-Meter thread and thought I ordered the wrong brand. I'm further into that thread now and...wheww..... I've glanced at that thread before but never got a chance to reply. The more I read it now, the more anxious I am about getting my GT2. Great read, great info.
Cool. At least we are having fun.

Quick Reply: New Attempt to Assess Gains from 545i Mods: