E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need advise on this product

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 04:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by andy545' post='359200
Hey this thing look pretty neat but what about prices and real life experience? Anyone?
Hmmm i'm a bit in a query, i don't understand how this alters the signal sent to the ECM but without altering any other particular areas like fuel timing...Also it sounds just like a gadget that doesn't do much, like it's only a market gizmo.
Basically, it makes your ECU respond to a 5mm accelerator movement as if it was 10 or 15 mm. No changes to engine performance or consumption, AFAIK
Old 11-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='359197' date='Nov 22 2006, 07:02 PM
Just 4 words for you bro... YOU WILL LOVE IT!!
so you got it at last
Old 11-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='359199' date='Nov 22 2006, 07:41 PM
Why haven't you told us about it?
What about the gas consumption?
He's 10 Km away from my home
OK I will
Old 11-22-2006, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='359201' date='Nov 22 2006, 08:01 PM

Iceman must start thinking cancel him from the forum ... for copyright reasons (penguin)
why because I go pass you.
there is no copy right for pinguhk only pingu,pingi
Old 11-22-2006, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='359225' date='Nov 22 2006, 05:49 PM
Be fair to Pingu . He has discussed this umpteen times in various posts - though never in a dedicated thread - wherever people talked about remapping/tuning
Basically, it makes your ECU respond to a 5mm accelerator movement as if it was 10 or 15 mm. No changes to engine performance or consumption, AFAIK
Ah ok i got it
Old 11-22-2006, 06:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='359225' date='Nov 22 2006, 09:49 PM
Be fair to Pingu . He has discussed this umpteen times in various posts - though never in a dedicated thread - wherever people talked about remapping/tuning
Thank you
some 1 has been reading my post about this booster.
Yes I have been telling every 1 in this forum to get 1.
itis a must if you like to drive fast and own a BMW
In HK where I got the booster from the seller say he has sold over 4000 of these and had no probom at all.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='359219' date='Nov 22 2006, 05:39 PM
Real life experience... Well let me write a fairly complete review about this. When i first got the product, I fell in love with my car all over again. Just a small touch to the accelerator and VROOM!! your car revs and starts flying down the road!! The throttle pedal also felt like it pop up a little more than before. Changing lanes became very easy and quick, just a touch of the throttle and your car immediately revs up and goes, no more delay. Thats was so much fun at first. I tried kickdowns from standstill and my car felt completely different, acceleration was so much better and the car was VERY VERY responsive to throttle. Thats all the good things I can say about it. Its a superb product.

On the other hand, some of the things I didn't like about it"

1. My engine is always reving really high. (Takes awhile to get used to driving smoothly again)
2. My car become a bit more jerky, but only because I'm used to pressing the pedal more to go fast, but with sprint booster, only a small amount is required to reach the same acceleration rate as before.
3. Gears were changing later than before, especially 1 and 2.
4. Fuel consumption increase as well.
5. I fear that by reving my engine high all the time, might cause damage to the engine later on.

Overall:

This is a great mod to have on your car, if you can give it a couple of days to get used to. For people with smaller engines like the 520 or 525, where the car doesn't have the response of a V8, its definitely a must. I guarantee that anyone who buys this product will love it. It benefits most when someone who owns, say a 520, 525, or a 530, and changed their rims to 19 or 20, and lost some acceleration or the car is lagging a bit more than before, SPRINT BOOSTER will let you have the same feel again, like you're driving a 16 or 17 inch wheels. I might have missed a few good points about it, but Its a great product!!
Now i'm thinking how this would suit a diesel. Since it's turboed and stuff, and how it will cope with higher than usual revs. Cuz in this case i'm seriously considering it baring in mind that the engine doesn't have the best response.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 525iSE' post='359219' date='Nov 22 2006, 09:39 PM
Real life experience... Well let me write a fairly complete review about this. When i first got the product, I fell in love with my car all over again. Just a small touch to the accelerator and VROOM!! your car revs and starts flying down the road!! The throttle pedal also felt like it pop up a little more than before. Changing lanes became very easy and quick, just a touch of the throttle and your car immediately revs up and goes, no more delay. Thats was so much fun at first. I tried kickdowns from standstill and my car felt completely different, acceleration was so much better and the car was VERY VERY responsive to throttle. Thats all the good things I can say about it. Its a superb product.

On the other hand, some of the things I didn't like about it"

1. My engine is always reving really high. (Takes awhile to get used to driving smoothly again)
2. My car become a bit more jerky, but only because I'm used to pressing the pedal more to go fast, but with sprint booster, only a small amount is required to reach the same acceleration rate as before.
3. Gears were changing later than before, especially 1 and 2.
4. Fuel consumption increase as well.
5. I fear that by reving my engine high all the time, might cause damage to the engine later on.

Overall:

This is a great mod to have on your car, if you can give it a couple of days to get used to. For people with smaller engines like the 520 or 525, where the car doesn't have the response of a V8, its definitely a must. I guarantee that anyone who buys this product will love it. It benefits most when someone who owns, say a 520, 525, or a 530, and changed their rims to 19 or 20, and lost some acceleration or the car is lagging a bit more than before, SPRINT BOOSTER will let you have the same feel again, like you're driving a 16 or 17 inch wheels. I might have missed a few good points about it, but Its a great product!!
He has say most of what I wanted to say.
Well just like to add that BMW are design to rev high not like the japanese cars.
1. The only bad thing that I can think off is why did I not get this sooner.
2. Best thing about this is it will not void you warentee. you can take it out any time just plug and play like usb.
3. I sayed it before driving a 525i is like driving a 530i or more.
4. Sprint booster is about $260us in HK
5. Itis not just forward that is fast backward too so just becarefull when reversing itis fast. I just let the car roll 1st then if needed press a little, I mean very little.
6. This will not harm the car its just telling the car to go go go, just like upgrading a CPU on a computer ( this is what the sale person say to me and I have ask around and many people say the same thing too) but there are some speciel case in this world. BTW this is a HK E60 and they have been fine up to now.
I don`t know if it is the same for other places in the world.
I know some people in HK have itstalled it in a M5 and itis very, very fast.

Well I hope you all will have alot of fun if you are going to get this. I know I will forevery.
BTW I know what every car I get in the future, I will 100% get the sprint booster if they make it for that car
Old 11-22-2006, 06:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='359253' date='Nov 22 2006, 11:32 PM
Now i'm thinking how this would suit a diesel. Since it's turboed and stuff, and how it will cope with higher than usual revs. Cuz in this case i'm seriously considering it baring in mind that the engine doesn't have the best response.
I can`t help you there cos we can not get diesel cars in HK
I hate the HK goverment not letting us buy diesel cars
I would love 1 and it would be good for HK roads where there are alot of hills
Old 11-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='359253' date='Nov 22 2006, 03:32 PM
I don't think higher revs are going to be a problem, because you are not changing any engine mapping parameters, only how sensitive the drive-by-wire is. So rev limiter, shifting etc. are not affected (except in as much as shifting will happen higher up if you move the accelerator "faster" from the ECU point of view).

Personally, on a 535d I need to have such a feather touch on the accelerator in most circumstances that I don't think it's worth it. I don't want wheels chirping all over the place. And if I need to mash it, I will mash it.

Quick Reply: Need advise on this product