E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need advice on Tinting Windows

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

the front was 125 and the sides and rear was 175 check my sig for more info
Attached Thumbnails Need advice on Tinting Windows-image_d598338053d611da.jpg   Need advice on Tinting Windows-dscn0274.jpg  
Old 11-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by CoolTones' post='202349
Yeah, I called Extreme tint yesterday and they said they were doing one that day, probably Merzbow's E60 and the did a couple the day before. I'm sure they really are wondering where these E60's are coming from. I think EuroCarFan should get a cut, hahaha. He's the one referring everyone to that place. I guess some of those guys are Filipino. I made an appointment for this Saturday. I wanted to try the Madico Onyx but don't wanna take the chance of installing a metallic tint. I'll stick with the Charcool since I haven't heard any complaints. The Onyx might be too dark anyways. It's not like I'm trying to hide from anyone.
Yup, also mine had done at Extreme Tint -- Great job and a couple of nice guys. Sounds like it's the E60 Forum Silicon Valley Chapter preferred place to get tint done. And yes, thanks to EuroCarFan for recommending this outfit. Here's a pic of my car with 50% tint all the way around. I figure that with the sunshades up the rear windows will *appear* darker and draw less attention to the front two windows being tinted.

Cheers.
-CoolTones
Attachment 12841
[/quote]

Nice Rims, looks like mine Nice M-kit too. Beautiful car.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Originally Posted by Bimmer32
Nice Rims, looks like mine Nice M-kit too. Beautiful car.
[/quote]

Thanks Bimmer32!
Here in S.J. California EuroCarFan has a Black E60 with the /M-Aero kit. Looks awesome (but I'm glad I'm not the one having to keep it clean! Hee! Hee! )

EuroCarFan has a sweet set of Radenergie wheels; however, I convinced myself that the Style 124's are just fine.

Next Stop for Me: M5 SMG knob as soon as Hobi's website is up!

Cheers,
CoolTones
Old 11-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks CoolTones....I agree with you as well...it's a b!tch to keep my car clean...hahaha. But I guess it's all worth it once it's cleaned.

I love my wheels but I still really admire the stock 124s every time I see it...just like on your car.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

My 2 cents on tinting...defineatly worth it no matter what the weather conditions. Look for a tinter near your BMW dealer. Chances are they do all the tint for the dealer anyway and will charge you a lot less to go direct. Also, keep the sides (front and rear) the same %, it looks so much better and will be harder for the local PD to tell you have tint if you don't go too crazy. Go one step darker on the back window for max sun protection...specially if you have rear passangers. When my 550i comes this is what I'll do.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:32 AM
Members

I have 30% all the way around, besides windshield. I will post some pictures later.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, sport pkg, prem pkg, navigation; titanium silver w/ black interior

i had negotiated tinted windows into the purchase of my 530 (last week) and came within a heartbeat of having them applied but pulled away at the last minute. there was a titanium silver 530 that looked exactly like mine and coincidentally with the same tint job i was going to apply; everything looked stellar except the halo around the back window where the matrix won't let the tint stick to the window. man, that really bothered me.

imho, and i don't mean to troll this thread, but that halo made the tint job look cheap. if it doesn't look clean, and i mean oem "bmw-did-it" clean, then i don't want it. anyone else feel this way? maybe i'm just too anal.

is it possible to tint the rear window and not have the halo effect?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Contributors

Silly question:

What if some one tints the front doors and the rear doors but not the "rear windshield". Let say 35% or 50%. Will the car looks dark or semi tint?

I saw a bmw e46 on Saturday with tint. It did not have the 'rear windshield" tinted. The windows look so nice...it was as if the car was not tint..but at the same time it has the semi tint that some cars come with.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by gamehaus' post='203487' date='Nov 26 2005, 12:48 AM
i had negotiated tinted windows into the purchase of my 530 (last week) and came within a heartbeat of having them applied but pulled away at the last minute. there was a titanium silver 530 that looked exactly like mine and coincidentally with the same tint job i was going to apply; everything looked stellar except the halo around the back window where the matrix won't let the tint stick to the window. man, that really bothered me.

imho, and i don't mean to troll this thread, but that halo made the tint job look cheap. if it doesn't look clean, and i mean oem "bmw-did-it" clean, then i don't want it. anyone else feel this way? maybe i'm just too anal.

Welcome to the discussions. I don't understand about the halo. Below is what my car looks like from the rear in bright sunlight with the Drei tint (see my sig for info). Halo? Please explain.
Attached Thumbnails Need advice on Tinting Windows-tn_gallery_2967_573_174715.jpg   Need advice on Tinting Windows-med_gallery_2967_573_58259.jpg  
Old 11-27-2005, 03:50 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by gamehaus' post='203487' date='Nov 26 2005, 06:48 AM

I was up to ask the same question!

I have tinted windows and I have the halo effect. Don't like it but still, the car looks better with dark windows..
Need advice on Tinting Windows-namnl_st_1.jpg
You are talking about this?

Quick Reply: Need advice on Tinting Windows