E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Mysterious Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 525iSE' date='Oct 16 2005, 09:04 PM
[quote name='pmmeke' date='Oct 16 2005, 06:12 PM']I agree, you can not buy a sound system. You have to built it like in my other car

[snapback]184850[/snapback]
Hey, I see your sound system, I know thats built, but did you see the movie 2Fast 2 Furious? When you pop the trunk, its all electrical.. hidden subs and amps are motorized to pop up and everything.. Looks damn damn cool, you should check it out if you haven't already... It looks reali cool, and you'll understand better about what i mean... Your build is a nice design but its stationary, no movement... its hard to explain what I want... Hope you get it... Cheers...
[snapback]184971[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes but the movement are little motorisize lift that move anything you built yourself. You still have to built it. You cant buy a design.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Oct 17 2005, 02:48 AM
[quote name='525iSE' date='Oct 16 2005, 09:04 PM'][quote name='pmmeke' date='Oct 16 2005, 06:12 PM']I agree, you can not buy a sound system. You have to built it like in my other car

Hey, I see your sound system, I know thats built, but did you see the movie 2Fast 2 Furious? When you pop the trunk, its all electrical.. hidden subs and amps are motorized to pop up and everything.. Looks damn damn cool, you should check it out if you haven't already... It looks reali cool, and you'll understand better about what i mean... Your build is a nice design but its stationary, no movement... its hard to explain what I want... Hope you get it... Cheers...
[/quote]

Yes but the movement are little motorisize lift that move anything you built yourself. You still have to built it. You cant buy a design.
[snapback]184986[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nope... They have premade designs... Found them.. Now i just gotta decide which to get and how i'm gonna get them one.. who to install them etc. I'll show you guys some pics if its ever gonna happen... pmmeke, I get your point about building the design yourself, but there's a different kind of system, maybe not in germany, they have like a big block of motorize system that you can fit in your trunk depending on the model of the car.. so far they have ones that fit on different japanese imports, but not Bavarian cars, i'm checking if they can modify it somehow to fit my trunk... And the designs come premade and you can choose from different systems.. starting from lighting to subs to speakers, even tweeters, and the movement are premade... cant be changed... yup.. hope you get what i mean now...
Old 10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 525iSE' date='Oct 17 2005, 06:35 AM
[quote name='pmmeke' date='Oct 17 2005, 02:48 AM'][quote name='525iSE' date='Oct 16 2005, 09:04 PM'][quote name='pmmeke' date='Oct 16 2005, 06:12 PM']I agree, you can not buy a sound system. You have to built it like in my other car

[/quote]

[snapback]184986[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nope... They have premade designs... Found them.. Now i just gotta decide which to get and how i'm gonna get them one.. who to install them etc. I'll show you guys some pics if its ever gonna happen... pmmeke, I get your point about building the design yourself, but there's a different kind of system, maybe not in germany, they have like a big block of motorize system that you can fit in your trunk depending on the model of the car.. so far they have ones that fit on different japanese imports, but not Bavarian cars, i'm checking if they can modify it somehow to fit my trunk... And the designs come premade and you can choose from different systems.. starting from lighting to subs to speakers, even tweeters, and the movement are premade... cant be changed... yup.. hope you get what i mean now...
[snapback]185111[/snapback]
[/quote]

Realy? I did not know this. ANy pics on japan cars?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:28 PM
Contributors

next time i go to the audio place.. i'll take some pictures for you guys.. if there's any cars there... cheers...
Old 10-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by 525iSE' date='Oct 17 2005, 12:28 AM
next time i go to the audio place.. i'll take some pictures for you guys.. if there's any cars there... cheers...
[snapback]185143[/snapback]
Keep in mind that the sides of the trunk behind the trim in the E60 is encrusted with electronics that the service department (and you) need access to in order to maintain the car - battery, fuse box, various computers, etc. so you can't go with an all-fiberglass wraparound system like that above unless you want your car to be unserviceable.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Oct 18 2005, 04:36 AM
[quote name='525iSE' date='Oct 17 2005, 12:28 AM']next time i go to the audio place.. i'll take some pictures for you guys.. if there's any cars there... cheers...
Keep in mind that the sides of the trunk behind the trim in the E60 is encrusted with electronics that the service department (and you) need access to in order to maintain the car - battery, fuse box, various computers, etc. so you can't go with an all-fiberglass wraparound system like that above unless you want your car to be unserviceable.
[snapback]185364[/snapback]
[/quote]

dang! makes it all not worth it to put in a sound sys.. cuz for me.. if it ain't gonna fill the trunk.. it ain't worth it... lolz.. alright.. thanks Merzbow... I'll think about it some more.. Probably won't be doing it if its not gonna be servicable once done.. cheers... thanks again for the info...
Old 10-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by 525iSE' date='Oct 18 2005, 10:20 PM
[quote name='Merzbow' date='Oct 18 2005, 04:36 AM'][quote name='525iSE' date='Oct 17 2005, 12:28 AM']next time i go to the audio place.. i'll take some pictures for you guys.. if there's any cars there... cheers...
[/quote]

dang! makes it all not worth it to put in a sound sys.. cuz for me.. if it ain't gonna fill the trunk.. it ain't worth it... lolz.. alright.. thanks Merzbow... I'll think about it some more.. Probably won't be doing it if its not gonna be servicable once done.. cheers... thanks again for the info...
[snapback]186022[/snapback]
[/quote]

You don't have to fill the trunk... put the amps in the spare tire well, a box behind the well facing the rear seats, and leave the trim on the left, right, and front alone. Carpet back of the seats and roof of the trunk, add extra bits of carpet to hide seams, etc. and you'll be fine. I hate the big blob of fiberglass look myself, 'glass is vastly overused in car audio in my opinion.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Oct 19 2005, 01:57 PM
[quote name='525iSE' date='Oct 18 2005, 10:20 PM'][quote name='Merzbow' date='Oct 18 2005, 04:36 AM'][quote name='525iSE' date='Oct 17 2005, 12:28 AM']next time i go to the audio place.. i'll take some pictures for you guys.. if there's any cars there... cheers...
[/quote]

[snapback]186022[/snapback]
[/quote]

You don't have to fill the trunk... put the amps in the spare tire well, a box behind the well facing the rear seats, and leave the trim on the left, right, and front alone. Carpet back of the seats and roof of the trunk, add extra bits of carpet to hide seams, etc. and you'll be fine. I hate the big blob of fiberglass look myself, 'glass is vastly overused in car audio in my opinion.
[snapback]186050[/snapback]
[/quote]

umm... if i don't fill the trunk then it won't be the motorize stuff that i want... i'll have a stationary system like everyone else.. lolz... i'll think about it some more... but i doubt anyone in thailand will touch the 5 serie anytime soon... went to the same audio shop i saw the system in... they said... they can't guaranty that it'll run smoothly... so i'm having some doubts...