E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Mysterious Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of the sound system seen in the 2Fast 2Furious Movie... in the beginning of the movie just before the first race... I wanna know about those system if anyone has any idea what they are, because I was thinking of getting a reali good trunk system for my E60... Thanks everyone...
Old 10-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by 525iSE' date='Oct 15 2005, 11:42 AM
Anyone know of the sound system seen in the 2Fast 2Furious Movie... in the beginning of the movie just before the first race... I wanna know about those system if anyone has any idea what they are, because I was thinking of getting a reali good trunk system for my E60... Thanks everyone...
[snapback]184612[/snapback]
I searched on both "fast and furious" and "2 fast and 2 furious." I found several sites where you might be able to dig out some info. I did not surf the sites though.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by donv' date='Oct 16 2005, 12:48 AM
[quote name='525iSE' date='Oct 15 2005, 11:42 AM']Anyone know of the sound system seen in the 2Fast 2Furious Movie... in the beginning of the movie just before the first race... I wanna know about those system if anyone has any idea what they are, because I was thinking of getting a reali good trunk system for my E60... Thanks everyone...
[snapback]184612[/snapback]
I searched on both "fast and furious" and "2 fast and 2 furious." I found several sites where you might be able to dig out some info. I did not surf the sites though.
[snapback]184628[/snapback]
[/quote]

can you tell me exactly wat those sites are? thanks alot...
Old 10-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Hi, check this site out:
http://www.lightningaudio.com/2004/product....asp?prodID=852
Old 10-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

525iSE, not to pick on you or anything, but you are absolutely clueless when it comes to anything involving car audio. I know this sounds harsh, but I'm trying to stop you from destroying your car, which will probably happen if you start throwing in a sound system without either going to a professional or spending weeks reading up on the subject first. This is one of the most difficult cars there is to upgrade the sound on.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Oct 16 2005, 07:43 AM
525iSE, not to pick on you or anything, but you are absolutely clueless when it comes to anything involving car audio. I know this sounds harsh, but I'm trying to stop you from destroying your car, which will probably happen if you start throwing in a sound system without either going to a professional or spending weeks reading up on the subject first. This is one of the most difficult cars there is to upgrade the sound on.
[snapback]184808[/snapback]
I agree, you can not buy a sound system. You have to built it like in my other car
Old 10-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Oct 16 2005, 12:43 PM
um... about the E60, I'm kinda clueless right now... I agree wit that... and it seems like the E60 is the most difficult car there is to upgrade the sound on, but I'm just checking out the system... First i wanna find the system.. then discuss it with a professional and see if I can get it on the 525... So yeah, I won't be destroying my car... I paid around 120,000 USD for this car, since Thailand tax is so damn expensive and since i'm a foreigner, I had to pay for it cash... so thanks for your concern but i'm not about to destroy it anytime soon, not to sound mean but its just so you don't worry, but thanks a lot for the concern Merzbow... also.. I see on your pic, that you have 3 amps there.. are those on your E60?
Old 10-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Oct 16 2005, 06:12 PM
I agree, you can not buy a sound system. You have to built it like in my other car

[snapback]184850[/snapback]
Hey, I see your sound system, I know thats built, but did you see the movie 2Fast 2 Furious? When you pop the trunk, its all electrical.. hidden subs and amps are motorized to pop up and everything.. Looks damn damn cool, you should check it out if you haven't already... It looks reali cool, and you'll understand better about what i mean... Your build is a nice design but its stationary, no movement... its hard to explain what I want... Hope you get it... Cheers...
Old 10-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by 525iSE' date='Oct 16 2005, 12:02 PM
[quote name='Merzbow' date='Oct 16 2005, 12:43 PM']525iSE, not to pick on you or anything, but you are absolutely clueless when it comes to anything involving car audio. I know this sounds harsh, but I'm trying to stop you from destroying your car, which will probably happen if you start throwing in a sound system without either going to a professional or spending weeks reading up on the subject first. This is one of the most difficult cars there is to upgrade the sound on.
um... about the E60, I'm kinda clueless right now... I agree wit that... and it seems like the E60 is the most difficult car there is to upgrade the sound on, but I'm just checking out the system... First i wanna find the system.. then discuss it with a professional and see if I can get it on the 525... So yeah, I won't be destroying my car... I paid around 120,000 USD for this car, since Thailand tax is so damn expensive and since i'm a foreigner, I had to pay for it cash... so thanks for your concern but i'm not about to destroy it anytime soon, not to sound mean but its just so you don't worry, but thanks a lot for the concern Merzbow... also.. I see on your pic, that you have 3 amps there.. are those on your E60?
[snapback]184969[/snapback]
[/quote]

OK, it looks you know what's involved. It's just that somebody asking about the sound system from the 'fast and the furious' set off alarm bells in my mind.

Yeah, that pic is of my old system. As you can see from my sig my new system is completely different (I hope to have pics and a description soon). I did it all myself, took three months. If you have lots of time I suggest DIY, because most car audio shops are not qualified to touch this car. Otherwise you need to do lots of research to find the best car audio shops in the area. Being in Thailand I have no idea how you could do that; there must be car audio competitions in Thailand - IASCA or EMMA maybe. I suggest contacting members of one of those organizations and ask for recommendations.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Oct 17 2005, 02:14 AM
[quote name='525iSE' date='Oct 16 2005, 12:02 PM'][quote name='Merzbow' date='Oct 16 2005, 12:43 PM']525iSE, not to pick on you or anything, but you are absolutely clueless when it comes to anything involving car audio. I know this sounds harsh, but I'm trying to stop you from destroying your car, which will probably happen if you start throwing in a sound system without either going to a professional or spending weeks reading up on the subject first. This is one of the most difficult cars there is to upgrade the sound on.
[snapback]184969[/snapback]
[/quote]

OK, it looks you know what's involved. It's just that somebody asking about the sound system from the 'fast and the furious' set off alarm bells in my mind.

Yeah, that pic is of my old system. As you can see from my sig my new system is completely different (I hope to have pics and a description soon). I did it all myself, took three months. If you have lots of time I suggest DIY, because most car audio shops are not qualified to touch this car. Otherwise you need to do lots of research to find the best car audio shops in the area. Being in Thailand I have no idea how you could do that; there must be car audio competitions in Thailand - IASCA or EMMA maybe. I suggest contacting members of one of those organizations and ask for recommendations.
[snapback]184973[/snapback]
[/quote]

Three months?? DANG!!! Honestly I would never touch any electrical system on the E60, I did it to a Toyota Land Cruiser Limited Edition with Limited Edition touch screen navigation once... Screwed the whole car up... Had to replace the entire sound system wit the nav system which is almost like the iDrive since, it controlled the AC and everything in the car as well... it wasn't fun... Not planning on messing wit the E60 any time soon... This project of putting a sound system in the E60 will probably take me around 3 -6 months to completely decide and send it off to install everything... I mean... any help to speed up the process would be great appreciated... cheers...

Quick Reply: Mysterious Sound System