E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My DPE ST-10's, 20 inch satin black

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
well no they fit quite well actually, they do not hit the coilovers and they sit exactly how i wanted them to sit, put the factory spec'd camber and it will look perfect

im not stretching because i ABSOLUTELY have to otherwise the tires wont fit, i can put a 275/30/20 in the rear and a 235-245/30 in the front if i really wanted to

the point is i like the stretched look and i like wide wheels

is this going to be another thread where you try to bash?
Not at all. Like I said I'm actually looking forward to seeing the results. And the key word here is they sit how "you" want them to fit which isn't like stock, wouldn't you agree?

BTW what thread are you referring to? If it's the quad exhaust thread, then read through and you'll see I was making valid points but was constantly questioned by RPIpower. In the end someone made power from their quad exhaust and everyone's happy, well for the most part.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socale39
Not at all. Like I said I'm actually looking forward to seeing the results. And the key word here is they sit how "you" want them to fit which isn't like stock, wouldn't you agree?

BTW what thread are you referring to? If it's the quad exhaust thread, then read through and you'll see I was making valid points but was constantly questioned by RPIpower. In the end someone made power from their quad exhaust and everyone's happy, well for the most part.

right but if they sit the way I want them to, why would you say "they clearly dont fit" when the sit on the car without any modifications thus far.

Yeah i was talking about your RPI thread.

Did you know that the oem 123 wheels didnt fit on the car when it was lowered in the front? it needed spacers to clear the struts

im glad you are looking forward to seeing it as i am, this was a pretty expensive calculated experiment
Old 05-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
right but if they sit the way I want them to, why would you say "they clearly dont fit" when the sit on the car without any modifications thus far.

Yeah i was talking about your RPI thread.

Did you know that the oem 123 wheels didnt fit on the car when it was lowered in the front? it needed spacers to clear the struts

im glad you are looking forward to seeing it as i am, this was a pretty expensive calculated experiment
Haha, yeah its usually expensive being the guinea pig. But I think you'll like the end result.

True, I should have stated they don't fit like stock or close to it. Maybe the fronts but with the rear lip going past the fender, that's where I think a company would draw the line as far as advertising offsets. All it means is you'll have a more unique setup, and isn't that what you're going after?
Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by socale39
Haha, yeah its usually expensive being the guinea pig. But I think you'll like the end result.

True, I should have stated they don't fit like stock or close to it. Maybe the fronts but with the rear lip going past the fender, that's where I think a company would draw the line as far as advertising offsets. All it means is you'll have a more unique setup, and isn't that what you're going after?

yeah the fronts sit flush and the rear does come past the fender but im waiting to see how it will sit with the -2 camber and the tires with the full weight of the car resting on the wheels too

ill probably have to fender roll in the rear a little bit

there was a thread by SAMICHGUY or Seedster for custome HRE wheels that they wanted to fit flush and what HRE told them would work didnt even come close, it was like 1-1.5 inches off so they had to add spacers in the front and rear.

most wheel companies just dont want to experiment at all and i guess i dont blame them because as you said its expensive being the guinea pig on these things

any pics of your e36? ive been thinking about those a lot lately
Old 05-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

Never had a e36 but had a couple E39s.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring
Why do all your threads end up becoming a zillion pages long? LoL

I'll tell you: 53 posts are just from PTL.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Contributors

Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

damn that vdub is fuckin sick...beyond herrafrush

Originally Posted by dr525i
this is one of my friends vdub

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

where you at ptl? get the rubber on yet?
Old 05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 03grey5
where you at ptl? get the rubber on yet?

monday the tires will be at my shop getting mounted then i just gotta roll down there and install and adjust the coils

Quick Reply: My DPE ST-10's, 20 inch satin black