E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My DPE ST-10's, 20 inch satin black

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow thats crazy in the back
Old 05-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Uhhh how does he not rub like that? The rear fender is like literally sitting on top of the tire. That is ridiculous poke! If he wants that low offsets, tell him to jump in with the E60 goodness .
Old 05-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Uhhh how does he not rub like that? The rear fender is like literally sitting on top of the tire. That is ridiculous poke! If he wants that low offsets, tell him to jump in with the E60 goodness .

sorry taky but there can be only one stancelander
Old 05-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i

lolz he on bags that why the car sits on the tire.
PTL hurry up and put those tire on i need some one to motivated me on doing a poke look. lolz
Old 05-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
I gave out my specs for the wheels, not many people will do that for a stance. Even the wheel companies wont release the offsets. Its like this black magic shit that everyone wants to keep secret because its so hard and expensive to get right, they dont want someone else getting it right the first time. That's BS. Everyone should know how to do it, and if they try it they just might like it.
Just a thought here.... but I don't think its about secrets or how hard it is but rather the fact that the wheel offsets clearly do not fit, which is why you are stretching.

Not a fan of the streched look but I do look forward to seeing the end result.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

we couldnt survive a roll down the street here in n.y..
Old 05-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by socale39
Just a thought here.... but I don't think its about secrets or how hard it is but rather the fact that the wheel offsets clearly do not fit, which is why you are stretching.

Not a fan of the streched look but I do look forward to seeing the end result.

well no they fit quite well actually, they do not hit the coilovers and they sit exactly how i wanted them to sit, put the factory spec'd camber and it will look perfect

im not stretching because i ABSOLUTELY have to otherwise the tires wont fit, i can put a 275/30/20 in the rear and a 235-245/30 in the front if i really wanted to

the point is i like the stretched look and i like wide wheels

is this going to be another thread where you try to bash?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by dr525i
i like that look to bad i live in ny and that setup wont survive that long here :thumbsdown:
Yeah a setup that slammed would last about an hour on the torn up streets of NYC. Just 2 weeks ago the FDR Drive claimed yet another one pf my tires. One of my front OEM Contis bubbled after I hit a big pothole. Fortunately, the fronts only had about 2-3k miles of tread left so I swapped out both fronts for the outstanding Hankook Ventus V12 Evo summer performance tires --- which are better than the Contis and half the money.

I like the slammed look. I saw PJ's ride in So Cal this week and it looks sooo much better sitting lower on the coilovers than it did sitting higher without them. But I can't do that here in the Big Apple.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Yeah a setup that slammed would last about an hour on the torn up streets of NYC. Just 2 weeks ago the FDR Drive claimed yet another one pf my tires. One of my front OEM Contis bubbled after I hit a big pothole. Fortunately, the fronts only had about 2-3k miles of tread left so I swapped out both fronts for the outstanding Hankook Ventus V12 Evo summer performance tires --- which are better than the Contis and half the money.

I like the slammed look. I saw PJ's ride in So Cal this week and it looks sooo much better sitting lower on the coilovers than it did sitting higher without them. But I can't do that here in the Big Apple.

just another small reason why nyc sucks
Old 05-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
just another small reason why nyc sucks
Well I can't disagree that that aspect of NYC sucks. But NYC is a fantastic city with so much to offer. It has its downsides but there is so much that is great about NYC.

Quick Reply: My DPE ST-10's, 20 inch satin black