E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My build thread in progress.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by radzM
What color are you going to powder coat your miro's? looks good the way it is IMO.
I'm not 100% positive which color just yet. I'm either going gunmetal, brushed aluminum look, solar rain, or gunmetal face with black surrounds. I'll post some pics of some examples later.

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
So how do you like the KWs? Can you share your impression of ride quality and handling?
So far so good. The quality of these things are amazing. I have some adjusting to do that's for sure. The factory settings in the front are way too stiff/firm/aggressive for me right now. Whenever I drive over a speed bump, it feels like I have no suspension travel whatsoever. Kind of reminds me of driving a gocart (no suspension at all). City driving is pretty rough right now because socal streets suck. But driving on a descent freeway is fine. I've taken a couple on/off ramps at high speeds and the car feels SUPER PLANTED. I have more confidence in the suspension than I do the tires. It feels like the tires will limit how fast I take turns now and no longer the suspension. I adjusted the front 2 clicks softer (both rebound and compression settings) this morning while I was test fitting my m5tech bumper today, so I'll definitely keep you guys posted. Since the rear springs are progressive rate, I don't think I'll have to play with those too much. The springs still have some settling to do. I don't think I'm going be too anal just yet because I'm just going to have to do it all over once my new wheels and tires are mounted.

Last edited by SoCal530; 03-23-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Members

updated 4/11/13
Old 04-13-2013, 07:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

The car looks awesome man. I love the 111s
Old 04-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Members

car looks great bro. where did you get the m5tech bumper from?? the fitment looks great
Old 04-14-2013, 11:14 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w m5 tech kit, 2007 Mercedes e63 AMG, 2005 ford expedition

Originally Posted by 04tl
car looks great bro. where did you get the m5tech bumper from?? the fitment looks great
Wondering the same thing. How much for bumper and install with paint? Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 04tl
Originally Posted by Bigjule111
Wondering the same thing. How much for bumper and install with paint? Thanks!
Member on here Project5 knows a guy that has hookups on the bumpers and other random things. I paid $320 for bumper, fogs, and kidneys. He's local for me so I jus picked up. Paint cost me $200 from another acquaintance, and I of course installed myself cuz I'm cheap like that. I've always been into modding and like to do everything myself if possible. Took me approximately 2 hours to install.

All these polypropylene bumpers are from the same manufacturer so I pretty much was able to cut out 1 of the middle men by getting it through Project5.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I love the new look and always take a 2nd look whenever I'm walking away from my car. I constantly back into parking spaces now so that my front end is showing Cant wait til I get my wheels put on. Stay tuned!!!

Last edited by SoCal530; 04-17-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w m5 tech kit, 2007 Mercedes e63 AMG, 2005 ford expedition

Lol. I would do the same thing. I find myself looking at mine and she's still almost all stock. Do u think he can giv me play on the bumper? I'm not local though. Im in jersey
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 AM
New Members

My Ride: 525I

looks great!

ill be following this closely as ive just bought myself an E60 and am planning on going down the M Tech kit route and new wheels shortly,

any pics of the car from a side view with the new bumper fitted?
i was thinking of getting the front bumper first the same as you have, but was worried it would like stuppid with the standard skirts and rear?

or if anyone has a pic of a standard E60 but with an MTech or Sport front bumper id be interested to see it please

thanks

Last edited by mouthyman; 04-22-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mouthyman
looks great!

ill be following this closely as ive just bought myself an E60 and am planning on going down the M Tech kit route and new wheels shortly,

any pics of the car from a side view with the new bumper fitted?
i was thinking of getting the front bumper first the same as you have, but was worried it would like stuppid with the standard skirts and rear?

or if anyone has a pic of a standard E60 but with an MTech or Sport front bumper id be interested to see it please

thanks
I added one more pic at the bottom of the original post. That's all I have at the moment. I'll get more once the fenders are rolled and the new wheels are installed.

I honestly don't think it looks stupid at all with the stock side skirts or stock rear bumper. What I do think looks stupid is having the M-tech front end on a lowered car with stock wheels LOL. Especially since my stock wheels are 17s. I don't mind looking stupid right now since it's only temporary. It's not like it's going to be another year before I install my wheels. More like 2 weeks.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Members

car looks good bro!!!

Quick Reply: My build thread in progress.....