E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Must Have Mods for stock 2007 550i

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010 | 01:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Wheels. Suspension. Kit. Exhaust. but i say buy them. hold on to them. then do it all at once. thats what i woudl've done if i had the funds to buy them all at once.

edit: weezy knwos wassup btw.
Old 07-31-2010 | 08:18 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by Nolan222
In order on how I would do it,
Wheels, Suspension, RPI exhaust, Body Kit
Happy Modding

Hit up Nerweezy or Joe over at Trinity for all of the above!!!

Originally Posted by 03grey5
Wheels. Suspension. Kit. Exhaust. but i say buy them. hold on to them. then do it all at once. thats what i woudl've done if i had the funds to buy them all at once.

edit: weezy knwos wassup btw.
thanks for the support guys
Old 07-31-2010 | 08:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

So when I started modding my car, I put a body kit on before I bought my wheels. BIG MISTAKE. The biggest improvement you can make to a stock car is the wheels! I guess some of the people disagree above but from my personal experience, I say that the rims just transform your car. A body kit can go unnoticed, but wheels will always be noticed...especially some DPE's

Have fun modding and post pics afterwards!
Old 07-31-2010 | 02:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by monsterj34
+1

but the order should be

euro overlays,
led lights
exhaust
bodykit
wheels

do the cheapest one done for now and then move to the big one..
Good point Joon, do the cheaper mods first and tackle the others later.
Old 07-31-2010 | 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by ryan60isu
First off, thanks for all the input so far.

I'm still very green at all of this, so it's stupid question time...what is the Euro overlay?

Once I find out what that is, that might be a good place to start. I'm also definitely going to do the full LED treatment. Depending on the answer to my question above, one of these two might be the best place to start. For me personally I find it best to start small, get noticeable results, and also gain valuable knowledge before moving on to bigger and better things.

After that it sounds like body kit is what I should look into next. From what I've researched so far, I think I dig the mtech body kit the most. So that would probably be my next step.

Stupid question #2. I also really dig the 2008 550i sport wheels. What kind of adjustments would I need to make to my 2007 to accommodate such wheels? I know that these are very general car n00b questions, so if anyone could possibly point me in the direction of some quality reading material, I would love to read up on these sorts of things.

Stupid question #3. Sprint booster. My understanding is that it doesn't really change the performance, but it changes ones perception of performance. Is this true, and would such a purchase be worth it?

I apologize for the relative lack of knowledge on my part. It seems that every time I think I find an answer, I find another that contradicts it. Thanks for all the help!
All good with the questions Ryan, that's what the board is here for.

The Euro overlays cover the amber ugly reflectors in your 2007 5 series. It's a high quality vinyl decal that is applied over the amber to make your headlights look like the euro headlights.

I am having a package deal on my Euro Fresh Overlay kits, with super bright LED turn signals and LED side markers. Best bang for the buck as you will save on buying all of it together.

Check out my thread: https://5series.net/forums/topic/946...&#entry1120199

For question #2: The wheels that your mentioning are called BMW OEM style #172. No modification needed to mount those wheels. Direct fitment.

Question #3: Sprint booster, this does not give you more HP, but only increses the throttle response. Less peddle, more go.
Old 07-31-2010 | 05:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

I would go performance... looks and taste vary drastically.... If the car you bought was an automatic ... RETURN it... i know nothing about automatics nor would I consider that type of trans. at anytime - sorry just the way it is -

If you are 6MT - then continue!

1-Get yourself some real tires... ps2 or hankook v12 do some research for preference and cost
2 - upgrade your brake line with stainless steel - no more mushi pedal- solid at the top
3 - CDV Modification- your shifting will be faster and more power to the pavement
4- Get yourself a valentine 1 radar detector -- the one with the arrows... best investment ever... it shows you how many where and strength... don't understand why anyone would even consider something that just goes BEEEEEP
5- If you have sport suspension now that is good - if you want to tuck in the front and leave about one finger gap in the back go with Coil-overs with height adjustment- the 550 is a heavy car and if you don't know what you are doing with weight transfer or you track it (not talking about drag or street) the factory knows what they are doing stick with the height adjustment only.
6- your stock pads are ok - stopping power is there.. if you are driving on the track switch over to track pads for the day... do the switch yourself or pay a shop to do the dirty work... pads that work make dust... so anything less than that or dustless have less stopping power or lower heat resistance

Talk to the venders on this forum... and good luck!
Old 08-03-2010 | 08:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i

I'm also considering mods for my 550 but thinking about keeping it simple at first. The first couple of things I want to do is window tinting and MTEC v2.1 AE and fogs.

Whatever you do I'm sure it's going to look great.

Enjoy.
Old 08-03-2010 | 11:03 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We can help you with the mods without a problem

Congrats on the car.
Old 08-03-2010 | 11:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

I may be the only one to say this, but I did all my mods at once within 2 weeks.
I like to just do all the mods, get it done and spend the rest of my time enjoying the car and tweaking things here and there.

I thought if I did the bodykit, it won't look right without wheels. If I did the wheels, it wouldnt look right without the kit. The kit won't look right wtihout a drop. If I have the kit, it won't look right without angel-eyes and fogs. And having all that on, the car wont sound right without an exhaust. lol. So off to the shop it went and came back with all the mods on.
Old 08-03-2010 | 11:51 AM
hmc
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Sport Pkg, 6MT

1. Charcoal filter removal
2. CDV removal/modification (6MT only)