E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Modding step #3 - The hardest one

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck Nick!!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='364861' date='Dec 7 2006, 11:33 PM
No it wouldn't, listen:

Price is 2K Eur. (1930 in exact) for engine complete with gearbox, exhaust manifold with cat and a/c compressor.
I will give the installer the gearbox (E60-520i and E46-330i is the same - generator differs, i will keep my current - flywheel and clutch differs, new engine has it) and other remaining parts as exchange for installation.

The story is complicated.
Found the engine on ebay, then I went to the biggest BMW parts importer here in Athens, because I know him in person, asked him "what do you think about this engine?" and he told me "get it ASAP because I would charge you myself 3500 Eur. for engine only, without any peripherals and without installation"...
The conclusion is that he will go in person to check-up engine and papers, pay, and bring with his truck the engine next week along with his weekly imported parts from Germany in Greece, and in the case that all things go the right way, he will keep the remaining parts as exchange for transportation and installation.

I will aslo keep my current engine in place as spare engine in the future, or I will sell it, I don't know and I don't care now...

Wish me luck guys...

Nick
Hmm, so you're changing the engine are you adding supercharger?
Old 12-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arcleid' post='364869' date='Dec 8 2006, 10:10 AM
Hmm, so you're changing the engine are you adding supercharger?
Supercharger is the next step ...a little later
Old 12-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Members

Hi Nick,

You amaze me!! I really enwy you doing all these conversions / upgrades. It must be great fun.
I always think of the resale value and therefore do not "invest" too much in the car... - boring, I know!!

Good luck with everything!

//R
Old 12-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

Originally Posted by Robbo' post='364877' date='Dec 8 2006, 12:24 AM
Hi Nick,

You amaze me!! I really enwy you doing all these conversions / upgrades. It must be great fun.
I always think of the resale value and therefore do not "invest" too much in the car... - boring, I know!!

//R
I used to always think of the resale price, but I started to get bored of my car. Then, I found this forum and started modifying stuff..
Old 12-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robbo' post='364877' date='Dec 8 2006, 10:24 AM
Hi Nick,

//R
Thanks Robbo

I have kept all the original parts in the basement, I can tranform it back to stock (as appears in my personal photo ...with kids) inbetween three days, and I can at least, get my money back for the outfitted parts.

Consider that I paid for my car 10K Euros less than it's selling price because I exchanged the price of a sign job I did for the car selling store I bought it.
That gained price is my cash for mods.

But, my decision is to keep that car until "wheels loses the bolts" (mexri na katsoun oi rodes) like my friend Andy was told me. What means that I will keep that car until it completely stop working.

Here is the sign job I made and the car 4 months before I buy it ...back in April 2005

Modding step #3 - The hardest one-pc170045.jpg

Modding step #3 - The hardest one-pc170044.jpg
Old 12-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Contributors

Nice, do you do that for a living, or was it just a side job? Oh, and good luck with your project nick
Old 12-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='364885' date='Dec 8 2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks Robbo

I have kept all the original parts in the basement, I can tranform it back to stock (as appears in my personal photo ...with kids) inbetween three days, and I can at least get my money back for the outfitted parts.

Think that I paid for my car 10K Euros less than it's selling price because I exchanged the price of a sign job I did for the car selling shop I bought it.
That gained price is my cash for mods.

Here is the sign job I made and the car 4 months before I buy it ...back in April 2005

But, my decision is to keep that car until "wheels loses the bolts" (mexri na katsoun oi rodes) like my friend Andy was told me. What means that I will keep that car until it completely stop working.

Aha Nick,

There a business thought after all... then you start to sound a bit more like me.

Nice sign by the way!

The question I ask myself is if it would be a good idea to buy a compressor kit and when selling the car just disassemble it and sell it separately.
http://stores.ebay.de/infinitas-Kompressorsysteme

//R
Old 12-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='364885' date='Dec 8 2006, 09:37 AM
Exactly Nick. The more you keep the car the more the extra mod costs will spread over time...
This might be the hardest mod - but it will be the most rewarding You only live once man.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

You are completely mad
Good luck!

Quick Reply: Modding step #3 - The hardest one