E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by Bobbrown13
Amazing looking car. I had a totally different experience with the SMG in the 08 M5 I test drove before I bought the 09 550 6MT. I couldnt get the thing to shift worth a damm. Even had the service manager drive along with me. Under normal driving the hesitation between shifts was so severe it would jerk your head when changing. If you had your foot to the floor it seemed to shift better, but who can drive like that all the time. Maybe just a bad example but I wasnt cool with that.

So I settled for this...... :-)
LOVE it! I love my 550i too. It is a GREAT car. I think there have actually been some revisions of the SMG as well. the one in my 2010 is an SMGIII. Mine shifts very smooth unless you are on the gas hard. Then it feels like it is going to rip the back end out of the car-lol! It is a powerful shift but mine is smooth as can be at low and moderate speeds. If you were driving in "D" mode then yes, it is TERRIBLE but that is not how this transmission was meant to be driven.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Sport, Premium, Navi, Comfort Access, USB/iPod Bluetooth, Cold Weather Package, Bi Xenon Cornering Headlights

Originally Posted by ColdList
LOVE it! I love my 550i too. It is a GREAT car. I think there have actually been some revisions of the SMG as well. the one in my 2010 is an SMGIII. Mine shifts very smooth unless you are on the gas hard. Then it feels like it is going to rip the back end out of the car-lol! It is a powerful shift but mine is smooth as can be at low and moderate speeds. If you were driving in "D" mode then yes, it is TERRIBLE but that is not how this transmission was meant to be driven.
Thats exactly how it feels, I miss it In M6 mode it feels like you get punched/kicked in the lower back . . . BANG!!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Originally Posted by Bobbrown13
Amazing looking car. I had a totally different experience with the SMG in the 08 M5 I test drove before I bought the 09 550 6MT. I couldnt get the thing to shift worth a damm. Even had the service manager drive along with me. Under normal driving the hesitation between shifts was so severe it would jerk your head when changing. If you had your foot to the floor it seemed to shift better, but who can drive like that all the time. Maybe just a bad example but I wasnt cool with that.

So I settled for this...... :-)
Dude, why would you black out those wonderful LCI tails??
Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NYAWE60
Thats exactly how it feels, I miss it In M6 mode it feels like you get punched/kicked in the lower back . . . BANG!!
Yep! That's it exactly! Best damn part of the car. In fact, BMW was asked why they stuck with a single clutch in the E60 and they said something to the effect that they thought it was a powerful performance car and it should feel like one. Unfortunately, they went to dual clutch in the F10 just like all the other smooth shifting executive cars-B O R I N G! :thumbsdown:
Old 08-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Sport, Premium, Navi, Comfort Access, USB/iPod Bluetooth, Cold Weather Package, Bi Xenon Cornering Headlights

Yep! That's it exactly! Best damn part of the car. In fact, BMW was asked why they stuck with a single clutch in the E60 and they said something to the effect that they thought it was a powerful performance car and it should feel like one. Unfortunately, they went to dual clutch in the F10 just like all the other smooth shifting executive cars-B O R I N G! :thumbsdown:
Enjoy your car, I know you do already. I'm sure you realize now that no matter what you would've done to the 550i, it could've never became the animal the M5 is. I have a love affair with the E60 M5, I might end up jumping into one eventually. The car is THAT GOOD.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NYAWE60
Enjoy your car, I know you do already. I'm sure you realize now that no matter what you would've done to the 550i, it could've never became the animal the M5 is. I have a love affair with the E60 M5, I might end up jumping into one eventually. The car is THAT GOOD.
Right on with that! I look back now and realize that I could never make it close to an M5. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my 550i (I actually still have it). In a few ways it is arguably more enjoyable than the M% (comfort, etc) but as far as a FUN car and POWERFUL BEAST-No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go out in the garage several times a day to just look at her. :-)

My Vorsteiner rear decklid spoiler, Vorstenier carbon fiber diffuser and my RPI GT exhaust arrived today. The Vorsteiner front flippers and my CKS Coiovers and SWIFT springs are due in on Mon. and Tues. and my AC Schnitzer roof spoiler will be here in a couple of weeks. I am having TONS of fun modding her already!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:51 AM
Members

Right on with that! I look back now and realize that I could never make it close to an M5. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my 550i (I actually still have it). In a few ways it is arguably more enjoyable than the M% (comfort, etc) but as far as a FUN car and POWERFUL BEAST-No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go out in the garage several times a day to just look at her. :-)

My Vorsteiner rear decklid spoiler, Vorstenier carbon fiber diffuser and my RPI GT exhaust arrived today. The Vorsteiner front flippers and my CKS Coiovers and SWIFT springs are due in on Mon. and Tues. and my AC Schnitzer roof spoiler will be here in a couple of weeks. I am having TONS of fun modding her already!
Seriously, I'm super excited for you. I can only imagine how much you're excited. I can't wait to see pics!!! BTW, when you get a chance let me know about "those parts"
Old 08-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535i 2008

Interesting front bumper with lip spoiler.
Let me know
Old 08-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jasperxli
dangg ballaaa! lol happy modding! looks like christmas came early haha
hahahaha! That it did! Look what got here yesterday. RPI exhaust being installed today. Will do a little video so you guys can hear how it sounds!
Attached Thumbnails MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers-dsc_0120.jpg   MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers-dsc_0121.jpg   MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers-dsc_0122.jpg   MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers-dsc_0123.jpg   MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers-dsc_0124.jpg  

MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers-dsc_0125.jpg   MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers-dsc_0129.jpg  
Old 08-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

you make me so jelly man!!! i would suggest getting section 1 or 2 for the rpi exhaust. its very quiet if you go with just the section 3

Quick Reply: MAYBE Parting Out-Checking Interest in Buyers