E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 brakes - AWESOME~~~~~

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Agreed its adding more weight, but to me the mod is all worth it even if it is just for looks!!!!!

+1,

530i rotors weight about 23 pound, m5 floating rotors weight 29 pounds,

6lbs on each side, better than putting 19's on your car
Old 10-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Where are the good quality pics?
Old 10-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sachal007
+1,

530i rotors weight about 23 pound, m5 floating rotors weight 29 pounds,

6lbs on each side, better than putting 19's on your car
Not really-only if the 19s are heavier which most companies if you spend a decent buck make 19s that way less or equal to the OEM 18s or 17s. Also even if you were to get a heavier 19inch wheel but could use a lower profile tire with a smaller sidewall you would have less mass at the outer edge which is the mass most parastic to rotating mass as it takes the most energy to make it move and keep it moving. The 19 inch wheel even if heavier is evenly distributed throughout the wheel and mass at the center of the rotation causes neglible effect on rotating mass but does contribute to unsprung mass. Two different comparisons with wheels and breaks. While both unsprung, one include rotating mass which has much more impact than simply it being unsprung mass as well.

Nonetheless 25 pounds of unsprung mass is similar to 100 pounds of overall mass added to the car in handling-now would you want to add 100 pounds on your car to not only make it 100 pounds more mass to stop equivelently but to never recognize any benefits except the look of holes in a rotor and always have to lug around 100 more pounds. silly
Old 10-11-2010, 03:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Jesus Christ Diamont,

Why dont you fuck off to a forum were they make a sport out of dissing other peoples decisions

Im so freeking done with your stupid comments... Let the guy enjoy his mods!

If you like everything OEM, what the hell are you doing here... Go ask your mam if you can go and play outside or something..
Old 10-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Banned

Why then do you spend time on peoples thread throwing around incorrect information instead of "letting the guy enjoy his mods" Why trash up a thread with crap info and it only gives the people wrong info in deciding whether to do or not do the mod which is the point of anyone who checks out the thread.

But ya, you go strong with your "going to 19inch wheel" analogy--you must be a bright guy
Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

Name:  omJyY.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  222.6 KB
Old 10-11-2010, 04:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Diamond
Why then do you spend time on peoples thread throwing around incorrect information instead of "letting the guy enjoy his mods" Why trash up a thread with crap info and it only gives the people wrong info in deciding whether to do or not do the mod which is the point of anyone who checks out the thread.

But ya, you go strong with your "going to 19inch wheel" analogy--you must be a bright guy
Agree to get as much info as possible, but you can obviously tell that the guys who have done this mod are extremely happy with it, and are willing to sacrifice handling performance and there is no need to piss on peoples fire! Let the guy get excited about his mod!

I am 100% happy with my M5 brakes regardless of the extra unsprung mass etc... If i wanted an all out race car, i would not be driving around in a E60.

Just enjoy the mod and the modding experience!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Already sorry that I got into this discussion

Sorry to the OP for the junk posts...Just enjoy the hell out of your new goodies!!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Originally Posted by greycoopers
Already sorry that I got into this discussion

Sorry to the OP for the junk posts...Just enjoy the hell out of your new goodies!!

haha thanks bro, i could care less but atleast now i know why everyone hates diamond.

good pics would be uploaded soon, i am currently in the process of doing some exterior mods, and would prefer to show it off once i have the entire look completed.

But thanks guys for all the support, if i wanted a lighter car i would just buy a civic dx
Old 10-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I think it's a great mod, and the handling loss would probably be more than negated by a set of coilovers. What might be a little more noticeable is the loss of power in the I6 engine cars, but still worth it IMHO for the added performance and looks Great mod, and if you drive your car spirited on occasion you WILL feel the difference

Not to mention the M5 brake kit is about the cheapest BBK you can get for our cars so that makes it an even better mod in my book

Quick Reply: M5 brakes - AWESOME~~~~~