E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 brakes - AWESOME~~~~~

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Darwin from SonicMS helped me install my m5 brakes and all i can say about them is that they are awesome!!!

and as far as the brakes....lol BEST BBK i have ever had, and i have had Brembo/AP/Porsche on my previous cars

The car does feel a little heavier but the brakes absolutely are AMAAZZING!!!!
anyone who might decide to do it, all you need is the caliper/rotor/carriers.

Front is bolt on - rear plate needs to be trimmed to allow the bigger rotor to fit!!
Car is still in a transforming stage, so will post pic of the entire car once everything is completed!!

M5 brakes - AWESOME~~~~~-image125.jpg
Old 10-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sachal007
Darwin from SonicMS helped me install my m5 brakes and all i can say about them is that they are awesome!!!

and as far as the brakes....lol BEST BBK i have ever had, and i have had Brembo/AP/Porsche on my previous cars

The car does feel a little heavier but the brakes absolutely are AMAAZZING!!!!
anyone who might decide to do it, all you need is the caliper/rotor/carriers.

Front is bolt on - rear plate needs to be trimmed to allow the bigger rotor to fit!!
Car is still in a transforming stage, so will post pic of the entire car once everything is completed!!

Attachment 112599

I did the same.... Performance is great! A very good mod to get done!
Old 10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

So what did you guys do. . . .
Install the M5 Rotors and the brake pads or change the entire Brake assembly ??
Please explain.

Also, if you can tell us what pads you have on there etc etc
Old 10-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sachal007
Is it worth it when you're in San Francisco [and Hong Kong] ? It's not like you'll be braking from 150mph down to 70mph in an emergency Autobahn type situation where a slowpoke moves into the BMW lane
Old 10-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by theracerboss
Please explain.

Rotors, calipers, changed to SS brake lines as well.... basically the entire brake assembly. Ive got OEM pads on there... ordering aftermarket brands would of taken too long...
Old 10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DD_545i
Is it worth it when you're in San Francisco [and Hong Kong] ? It's not like you'll be braking from 150mph down to 70mph in an emergency Autobahn type situation where a slowpoke moves into the BMW lane
Well.... we still do have highways here in Hong Kong and there are still some stupid drivers who will come out of no where causing you to brake hard. May not be going 150mph but still worth it.

Looks good too...!

Why do people in HK buy Ferraris, Lambo, Porsches, Pagani, MB SLR's etc.....? Its not because they NEED it... its because they can Same thing with the brakes...!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you dont need nor will benefit with m5 brakes in a 530/525. You have 600 less pounds to stop and you are adding unsprung mass which makes a deficit in handling.

Absolutely a mod for looks as you will never notice any gain in performance from this even in a emergency stop. Bigger isnt always better-
Old 10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Diamond
you dont need nor will benefit with m5 brakes in a 530/525. You have 600 less pounds to stop and you are adding unsprung mass which makes a deficit in handling.

Absolutely a mod for looks as you will never notice any gain in performance from this even in a emergency stop. Bigger isnt always better-
Agreed its adding more weight, but to me the mod is all worth it even if it is just for looks!!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Agreed its adding more weight, but to me the mod is all worth it even if it is just for looks!!!!!

+1,

all i gotta say, when a stupid driver stops or cuts in front of you, those extra seconds can save a life. I rather risk a little big of handling for quicker stopping, Do you have m5 brakes on your car? i dont think so, so you wouldnt be able to notice the amazing stopping difference..

love it when people say stuff which they have no idea...they say it because they can, so i will give em that.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by theracerboss
Please explain.

everything is bolt on, all you need is rotor, caliper and carrier - brake pads also, i am using oem and they are superb, you might need oem brake fluid to, only one bottle.

Quick Reply: M5 brakes - AWESOME~~~~~