E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M5 with 525 engine ! not really

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I wouldn't badge the 525 with an M5 badge, but I give him props for a seemingly clean job. It's his car, so he can do whatever he wants to it. By the way, I saw that auction over a month ago on ebay. Looks like he's having some trouble selling it.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='315262' date='Jul 26 2006, 08:01 AM
So tell me smart guy with your nice theory.
What do u call it when you have a debadged car?
Mmm, let me guess. Debadging is an attempt to deceive. Right. So people who attempt to deceive are liars. And liars are losers.
Dont try and act smart if your not. Thats an attempt to deceive. And u know what that leads to.

Er...what?

My car is debadged because I think it looks better that way. Theres symettry.

In germany the very high end models get debadged. Even the head of BMW commented on this. In the UK most 316/318 owners debadge hence the difference.

However i know my car is a 525 and Im not trrying to fool anyone by debadging it. I just like the way it looks?
Old 07-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='315262' date='Jul 26 2006, 06:01 AM
So tell me smart guy with your nice theory.
What do u call it when you have a debadged car?
Mmm, let me guess. Debadging is an attempt to deceive. Right. So people who attempt to deceive are liars. And liars are losers.
Dont try and act smart if your not. Thats an attempt to deceive. And u know what that leads to.
That is a flawed assumption you asserted. Debadging has nothing to do with deceiving. From reading posts by a lot of European BMW owners here on e60.net, they debadge as to not show off and as an added bonus the debadged look enhances the cars appearance.

In my case here in the US, I was convinced by my high-end body shop that installed my M-Tech Aero kit that my car would look much better without the 545i badge and lowered. These guys work on Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, Aston Martin, Mercedes, BMWs, Ford GTs (Ford's supercar), etc... so they have a good eye as for what looks good. And, of course they were spot on with my car. I had them remove the badge and lowered my car.

My car is debadged (I love the look), but I'm not trying to hide what I am. When people ask what model I tell them or they end up seeing my taillights on the highway after some spirited driving. Do you see the difference? The owner of the poser M5 is straight out telling people his car is an M5. I tell people the truth. So, how does debadging make me a liar and loser. Please do enlighten me.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Members

Hello. Where do you think this guy got his body kit? I am new to modifying cars, but does that devalue price of the cars when you resell? Like should this car be much cheaper than other 525is?? It looks kinda cool though although a lot of people here seem to dont' like it.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by byongsoo' post='315561' date='Jul 26 2006, 07:55 PM
Hello. Where do you think this guy got his body kit? I am new to modifying cars, but does that devalue price of the cars when you resell? Like should this car be much cheaper than other 525is?? It looks kinda cool though although a lot of people here seem to dont' like it.
The body kit is not hard to come by. He could have ordered it from a dealership or from one of the vendor here like Eurorev, M-Style, or quad_m.

Modifying does not depreciate the car more than it already is, and it certainly will not appreciate its value. Modding a car is like throwing money out the window when it comes time to sell it. Most smart people will part out their mods and return their car to stock when they sell.

The car in question does look good. The owner just should have stopped before slapping the M5 badge on the rear.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Members

jilo,

thanks! i see i see. that's good modifying at least doesn't depreciate the value! I was thinking about buying a used car perhaps and didn't know if i need to completely avoid mod cars, but i guess that shoudln't be an issue then! Now that I take a second look at that 525i "M5" car, everything seems good other than an important fact that it is a salvaged car! that means it's wrecked before right? Boooo
Old 07-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by byongsoo' post='315588' date='Jul 26 2006, 08:56 PM
jilo,

thanks! i see i see. that's good modifying at least doesn't depreciate the value! I was thinking about buying a used car perhaps and didn't know if i need to completely avoid mod cars, but i guess that shoudln't be an issue then! Now that I take a second look at that 525i "M5" car, everything seems good other than an important fact that it is a salvaged car! that means it's wrecked before right? Boooo
Yeah, try to avoid any cars that are salvaged. I have heard that some people like to buy salvaged cars and do miracles to have it operational. It takes a lot of time and dedication to restore a salvaged car back to near factory standards and specifications.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Well, at least he didn't bolt a silly wing on it like this...

M5 with 525 engine  ! not really-wing.jpg
Old 07-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Contributors

Well, I am of the opinion that the car redesign looks good, but the emblem is not necessary. I would not go so far as saying that the guy is a liar, and he does have to deal with the shame of every BMW fanastic who can spot the fake a mile away. Most people do not even know what the M5 is.

My girlfriend bought a fake purse the other day (Louis Vetton or something like that). I don't call her a liar. I bought the replica M5 tires to make my car look more beautiful, and they do come with the small M5 stickers on them. I did not take them the stickers off, and I do not consider myself a liar as a result.

I would let the guy have some fun, as I did when I put on the replica M5 tires.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='315594' date='Jul 26 2006, 09:47 PM
Well, I am of the opinion that the car redesign looks good, but the emblem is not necessary. I would not go so far as saying that the guy is a liar, and he does have to deal with the shame of every BMW fanastic who can spot the fake a mile away. Most people do not even know what the M5 is.

My girlfriend bought a fake purse the other day (Louis Vetton or something like that). I don't call her a liar. I bought the replica M5 tires to make my car look more beautiful, and they do come with the small M5 stickers on them. I did not take them the stickers off, and I do not consider myself a liar as a result.

I would let the guy have some fun, as I did when I put on the replica M5 tires.
The emblem on your replica wheels are the "///M" logo, at least that is what it is on my OEM 166s. There is no "M5" there.

Quick Reply: M5 with 525 engine ! not really