E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M-tech rear diffuser painting..

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by e60oholic
EDIT: Paint and supplies was over 250 bucks so around 600 with labor

nice! can't wait to see it when its done bro
Old 04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

Originally Posted by Sluis530
nice! can't wait to see it when its done bro
Yeah im getting pretty pumped, just ordered an ACS roof + trunk spoiler too. Body shop said should be painted early next week and maybe I'll slack a day at work and put it on.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by e60oholic
Yeah im getting pretty pumped, just ordered an ACS roof + trunk spoiler too. Body shop said should be painted early next week and maybe I'll slack a day at work and put it on.
nice! and the 172's, gonna look sik.. you'll have to hook me up with that shop when i get my kit for paint. hit me up when its installed ill come by
Old 04-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Looks like you have Mystic Blue. Always wanted to know how Matte Black diffuser would on a Mystic Blue with an M-tech kit. Looks great.

I have Matte black grille and wheels. Perhaps I may paint or wrap my diffuser in Matte black.

Originally Posted by Percy_991
I recently had my rear diffuser painted at a stealership in the colour code 'B27'. This is the colour that the new F10 MSport rear diffusers are painted. I was bored of the stock blue diffuser. The paint finish is a gloss and is so much better I think than stock colour. I think the rear stance is more aggressive and compliment the rear 275 Conti tyres well.

Photos attached. Thought welcome.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

Originally Posted by leese8080
Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Looks like you have Mystic Blue. Always wanted to know how Matte Black diffuser would on a Mystic Blue with an M-tech kit. Looks great.

I have Matte black grille and wheels. Perhaps I may paint or wrap my diffuser in Matte black.
Thanks for your reply.

Indeed, the mystic blue with beige leather interior. When I was at the stealers, they showed me a few paint swabs before I went ahead with the 'B27' gloss. One of the swabs was matte black, but in my opinion looked like it was un-finished and as I have the HighGloss Shadowline, I thought the gloss was a better option for me. However, as you have the matte grille and wheels, perhaps a matte black diffuser would compliment your set up well.

On another note, what do you think about the mystic blue compared to the darker deep sea blue? I have had quite a few chaps in deep sea blue tell me they prefer the mystic blue. However, my understanding was that the mystic blue colour was replaced during the LCI. I could be wrong.

Happy Easter Holidays all.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had my rear diffuser painted at a stealership in the colour code 'B27'. This is the colour that the new F10 MSport rear diffusers are painted. I was bored of the stock blue diffuser. The paint finish is a gloss and is so much better I think than stock colour. I think the rear stance is more aggressive and compliment the rear 275 Conti tyres well.

Photos attached. Thought welcome.
Looks very nice mate. I have been considering this since buying my e60 as I have always liked the way it looks on the e90 msport.
My car is silver/grey also so I'm not sure if the grey diffuser will be enough of a contrast. Black is an option, although I think it may be too strong. (I have already photoshopped the options but I still can't make up my mind)

I look forward to seeing some pics e60oholic.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

Originally Posted by bmwfive
Looks very nice mate. I have been considering this since buying my e60 as I have always liked the way it looks on the e90 msport.
My car is silver/grey also so I'm not sure if the grey diffuser will be enough of a contrast. Black is an option, although I think it may be too strong. (I have already photoshopped the options but I still can't make up my mind)

Thanks 'bmwfive'.

I have seen a few space grey F10 MSport's and the rear diffuser does look good; take a look at the attached photo. Although the shape of the F10 and the diffuser are different to the E60, this should give you an idea with regards to colour contrast. Do you have the Highgloss Shadowline? If so, a piano black gloss finish would perhaps compliment it quite well. Or get the bodyshop to blend something in-between black and the B27.

All the best and keep us posted.

M-tech rear diffuser painting..-f10-m-diff.jpg
Old 04-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

You are right on the Mystic Blue - it was discontinued with LCI models. I do like the Mystic Blue. Furthermore, it is pretty rare as I have only seen a handful in Southern California where there are tons of bimmers on the road - unsure why. Interlagos Bleu for the M series is a great unique blue color as well that I really like.

Bottomline - our color rocks!

On another note, what do you think about the mystic blue compared to the darker deep sea blue? I have had quite a few chaps in deep sea blue tell me they prefer the mystic blue. However, my understanding was that the mystic blue colour was replaced during the LCI. I could be wrong.

Happy Easter Holidays all.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

Originally Posted by bmwfive

Pictures are promised! i'm happy with the satin black looks really nice, the body color would have looked to blah

Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Senior Members

It looks sweet! Love it. The contrast is awesome. Matches the matte black 545i emblem as well.

Is it the angle or what happend to the far right rear PDC sensor?

Quick Reply: M-tech rear diffuser painting..