E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

M style bumper installed (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Jackyboy545i
How much would it cost to put the M from bumper on my black 545i??? and does it come painted or not??
Something I've said before:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/770...ost__p__915263

Need to add one more thing for you guys about pre-painting and why we don't offer it...but we could.

There are many downsides to pre-painting bumpers:
1) Paint match is best done at the shop because very very slight variances in a shade can be minor in the paint booth but extremely pronounced on the car.
Further issues arise from "blending" to the car if it's 6 months old or 5 years old (as some E60s are now).
2) Once a bumper is painted, that's it, it's purchased and it's yours to keep even if it's not perfectly matched paint wise.
3) Shipping costs go dramatically up due to extra precaution required to wrap a painted bumper to avoid any damage.
4) Customer headache potential goes up. What happens if there is a chip, scratch, scuff, or worse a break in shipping? It becomes a double headache fixing something already painted - mostly from a customer perspective because you have to find a shop willing to fix it now or get it sent back and wait for a fix.

For local customers, we recommend Jim from Regal Collision in Vallejo. We have sent many customers there and have had great success with our own 2 cars sent there.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by god_003
reminds me of rumer willis

:l

Is that Jay Leno in his younger days?
Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Contributors

whatever all you guys know with some drinks under your belts shes fair game and so is the chin
Old 02-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
whatever all you guys know with some drinks under your belts shes fair game and so is the chin
lol...
Old 02-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Members

lol funny!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Members

who the heck is rumor willis?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

Originally Posted by phocker
who the heck is rumor willis?
bruce willis and demi moore's kid

:l

...bitch came out fucked up
Old 02-18-2010, 10:32 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Originally Posted by umnitza
OP - you may have success with the lips we sell in covering it up. Sadly, we just sold out of our lips (sorry Josh r ) but expect more to come in soon. Let us know if you need assistance.
could you keep us posted on those front lips, i would be interested in one
Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by GsQ
could you keep us posted on those front lips, i would be interested in one
will announce it of course, but we should stay on topic on this thread.
PM us if you want any time.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
thanks again man

...some heat should work. we've seen some sit not on a rack or anything in the hot sun for a couple days and the bulge went away. just a possibility.
Alright guys so I went ahead and tried fixing it myself. Took the advice on the heat.

Tools required were:

1. portable heater
2. flashlight
3. 2 pairs of shoes

I heated it up being careful not to burn it. I also directed the heat at an angle to avoid direct heat. After it softened up, i pushed corrected the fit. i thought fast and grabbed 2 pairs of shoes to keep to maintain the pressure. I let it sit for about an hour and problem fixed!

Probably during the curing process the bumper wasn't resting properly and the stress created a minor bulge. now i can sleep at night.
Attached Thumbnails M style bumper installed (pics)-img_9787.jpg   M style bumper installed (pics)-img_9790.jpg   M style bumper installed (pics)-img_9799.jpg  

Quick Reply: M style bumper installed (pics)