E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Looking for a good radar detector.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Hey guys just as the topic says, I'm tired of getting stupid speeding tickets, not for the money if not for the going to court time wasting bulls**t. According to your experiences I need some input. Just like Leeroy Jenkins: "Its not my fault", I really dont pay much attention to my speedometer and we all know that our cars dont feel like the speed we are actually driving at. Based on your opinions i will make my purchase.

.I want one that I can hide the cable in my E60 (i don't want a power cable floating around)
.I also would like it if it had a screen and it made noise notifications (sometime I have my music really load, and I might not hear it)
.Also looking for quality (the one that would for sure 100% accuracy avoid me from further tickets)

Thanks in advance, please pitch in. And prices if possible.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

everyone will tell you valentine 1, you can ahrdwire it to the car quite easily so no wires and you can get hidden display module. I am also going to the belltronics STI in the mix as a good choice.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

V1.

Check my recent thread about hardwiring it, if you need help I can help you hardwire it at the next meet.

Saved my ass about 6 times already...in one month.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Sport Package, Jet Black M166 OEM Wheels M5 Style Body kit RPI Scoop BMC Air Filter Valentine One Radar Detector 35% tint all around

+1 for Valentine 1. I have it for a while and it worth the price
Old 01-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Even a V1 won't guarantee that you will not get another speeding ticket. Regardless of which brand you choose, you still have to learn to pay close attention to the detector, traffic, the road, and the scenery.

I will say that I've had a V1 for over 10 years and NEVER got a ticket when I had it mounted (knock on wood).
Old 01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

+ 1 for V1. I really liek the way krozi did his. V1 Hardwired. In addition to that not sure what phone you have but they have an application for blackberry and iphone called Trapstar that is updated daily with speed traps. I use this sometimes because it has a list of where all the Signal Lights cameras are just in case i try to going flying thru a yellow and get snapped. Also donjon had it hardwired above the mirror i like the way it is position here too Hardwired above mirror. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Contributors

I have a hardwired V1 up by my rear view mirror as well as a blinder laser jammer custom fitted into the mesh in my front bumper. No problems so far *knocks on wood*
Old 01-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

v1 all the way...i might get a laser jammer too hate lasers!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Ok so the big question now: How much is this V1 module i keep hearing about? And if it's expensive, is it worth it, are they any other brands that do the same for less?

you guys are great help.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Straight from the manufacturer's website the unit costs $399. Also, the hardwire kit is included FREE of charge with the unit. It ships from Ohio and arrives in ~4-5 days.
It is WELL worth the money, it has paid for itself probably 4 times over in the past month.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good radar detector.