E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Long term VMR wheel reviews needed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='848935' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:45 PM
Both hubcentric.

wow that sucks

when i had vb-3's i never had vibration issues
Old 05-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Members

Just caught onto this thread, sorry for not jumping in earlier, I've been out on a 2-week business trip followed by a week long preparation of Bimmerfest. I've also got some new toys installed on my 550 that I will share with everyone

Anyways back to this topic - All of our wheels are covered by a 1-year warranty. If you have an issue that you feel might be warrantied, don't hesitate to give us a call or e-mail, at info[at]velocitymotoring.com. I can't prevent you from getting chips and nicks here and there, but if feel that the chipping is out of the ordinary, just shoot an e-mail my way. We'll get the wheels exchanged at no cost to you.

Aside from providing wheels to the Euro market, our factory is also the OE supplier for the top 3 Japanese wheel brands, with annual sales volume exceeding 250,000 wheels. We use only top tier raw materials imported from reputable suppliers in Dubai or Australia. Our quality control team inspects 100% of the wheels at 3 different parts of the production process- balance, runout, and finish. This results in a defect rate of less than 0.5%. For anything that slips thru, you can be confident that we'll take care of everything.

Any other questions feel free to ask
Old 05-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Senior Members

Food for thought ? I?m sure VMR and Miro etc will stand behind their wheels and repair/replace within the warranty period?

However having gone through this with another supplier it is a GIANT pain in the ass to return one or all of the wheels. If you have one bad wheel you're not going to swap that one wheel back for an OEM and run 3 of one, 1 of the other. You have to take them ALL off then put them ALL back on again. And every time you install/uninstall your wheels you risk tool marks, no matter how careful you are. Then there is the packing them up for shipment, dealing with shipping them back. It sucks, believe me.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 335i, Jet Black / Terra Dakota, 15k miles

Ive got some VB3s on order, I'll let you know how they look when I get them. But as others have said, Im not expecting the world from them. As a college student I wanted a nice upgrade without spending a couple thousand that is needed for living/the rest of my education. Thanks to Nerwyll for all the help with the order
Old 05-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Trust me they mark really easy and the finish is not the best. I don't want to deal with the hassle of shiping them back so I'm just going to eat it and next time buy more expensive wheels. For the price though I can't really complain.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by peter@vmrwheels' post='870784' date='May 7 2009, 03:31 AM
Just caught onto this thread, sorry for not jumping in earlier, I've been out on a 2-week business trip followed by a week long preparation of Bimmerfest. I've also got some new toys installed on my 550 that I will share with everyone

Anyways back to this topic - All of our wheels are covered by a 1-year warranty. If you have an issue that you feel might be warrantied, don't hesitate to give us a call or e-mail, at info[at]velocitymotoring.com. I can't prevent you from getting chips and nicks here and there, but if feel that the chipping is out of the ordinary, just shoot an e-mail my way. We'll get the wheels exchanged at no cost to you.

Aside from providing wheels to the Euro market, our factory is also the OE supplier for the top 3 Japanese wheel brands, with annual sales volume exceeding 250,000 wheels. We use only top tier raw materials imported from reputable suppliers in Dubai or Australia. Our quality control team inspects 100% of the wheels at 3 different parts of the production process- balance, runout, and finish. This results in a defect rate of less than 0.5%. For anything that slips thru, you can be confident that we'll take care of everything.

Any other questions feel free to ask
Very impressive