E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Tails (Test Fit) Retrofit | Orion V2 Preview

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011 | 09:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

yep! still those same Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s! i never even had to replace that one w/ the bad bead. i just monitor it closely, i leaks a couple pounds of air every few weeks, but other than that, they are awesome. the rears will need to be replaced soon though, ive got a lot of power and a heavy foot lol

for the rear bumper....to be honest, i hadnt planned on touching that until next spring/summer but now that ive installed my LCI tails.......yuck, i really hate that bumper. im thinking MTech because my after market Super Sprint exhaust is single outlet....no way im replacing the bumper AND the aftermarket exhaust. im just going to sit back and wait for a good deal to fall into my lap on the MTech rear...im thinking hi-gloss rear diffuser...should look hot!
Old 08-12-2011 | 12:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Pics look great!! And congrats on the great deal on the LCIs! I too have done the Orion install recently. I need to post my pics as well! I'm tempted to reopen the lights to do Ehssans' blackout mod. Looks awesome!
Old 08-12-2011 | 03:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw

I notice the Eyebrows shinning DAMN bring man Good job !
Old 08-13-2011 | 01:43 PM
Members

Congrats on the mod it looks awesome can't wait to see what comes next
Old 08-14-2011 | 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Also... What are you lowered on? Looks like the perfect drop to me!
Old 09-05-2011 | 03:43 PM
New Members

Sweet ride. What size/offset are your wheels? Any rubbing issues?
Old 09-05-2011 | 04:04 PM
Senior Members

Here are my wheel/tire specs:
Front: 20 x 9.5 ET 20
tires: 255/30/20

Rear: 20 x 10.5 ET 20
tires: 295/25/20

i had some nasty rubbing issues because im lowered 2" past my stock sport suspension on Eibach springs....but i did a DIY fender roll and its 99% perfect now...
Old 09-06-2011 | 08:02 AM
Members

This thread interested me, I've just bought 6.1's cables from Bruce which for the avoidance of doubt I'm very happy with. Excellent build quality and fitment is good.

If this has worked straight out of the box by using the retrofit cable from BMW I'm now struggling to see the need for Bruces cables. I initially imagined that these rear lights where totally different, LEDS instead of bulbs and therefore needed lots of voltage regulation and Bruces cables where a box full of magic dust :-)

I've had a quick look at the PIN out of the LCM module. I'm no electrical engineer by any means but the two cables that are suppose to be run back from the BMW retrofit cable have 'Braking Force' against them (http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zinfo/E60_PA3J.htm - PIN 5 & 62).

So my assumption is that by using the BMW retrofit cable, the only thing you won't get by not running the cable back to the LCM is the fancy flashing brakes when you jump on them hard?

Could anyone confirm either way?

I'd imagine if you want the fog light to be a extra brake and no errors then Bruces cables are a must, but for anyone who has a working knowledge of coding could probably code these errors away?
Old 09-06-2011 | 08:41 AM
Senior Members

Ehssan loaded a coding solution to the DIY of the site...works with LM2 but I think he was also working on it for LM1...
Old 09-06-2011 | 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by markie
This thread interested me, I've just bought 6.1's cables from Bruce which for the avoidance of doubt I'm very happy with. Excellent build quality and fitment is good.

If this has worked straight out of the box by using the retrofit cable from BMW I'm now struggling to see the need for Bruces cables. I initially imagined that these rear lights where totally different, LEDS instead of bulbs and therefore needed lots of voltage regulation and Bruces cables where a box full of magic dust :-)

I've had a quick look at the PIN out of the LCM module. I'm no electrical engineer by any means but the two cables that are suppose to be run back from the BMW retrofit cable have 'Braking Force' against them (http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zinfo/E60_PA3J.htm - PIN 5 & 62).

So my assumption is that by using the BMW retrofit cable, the only thing you won't get by not running the cable back to the LCM is the fancy flashing brakes when you jump on them hard?

Could anyone confirm either way?

I'd imagine if you want the fog light to be a extra brake and no errors then Bruces cables are a must, but for anyone who has a working knowledge of coding could probably code these errors away?
Actually, the OEM retrofit wires that run back from the LM is for the rods, not brake bulbs.

Additionally, enabling rear fogs as brake bulbs is possible without Bruce's cable as well, just require actual mod to the board. It's how I do the brake effects for people long before the 6.1 cables were around.

Quick Reply: LCI Tails (Test Fit) Retrofit | Orion V2 Preview