E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Taillights retrofit - finally managed to get this working

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by s4iscool' post='476401' date='Oct 1 2007, 01:58 PM
does the good left side pulse just because of the video? Im guessing you cant see that with the naked eye?
Yes its pulsing but very rapidly. You cant see that with the naked eye. It was only when I was trying to take a photo of it I realised it was pulsing. I can stop that but that it makes a LED rods too brightly lit and may become an irritant for drivers behind you, similar to how you feel driving behind an idiot who has left his rear fogs on.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

My first non strobing kit is ready for shipping out.

I've built this for Alex.br because I felt it was only right to allow him to get the first kit because after all he started all this LCI LED frenzy. If he doesn't want it then I'll offer it to the next person in line.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='476447' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:37 AM
My first non strobing kit is ready for shipping out.

I've built this for Alex.br because I felt it was only right to allow him to get the first kit because after all he started all this LCI LED frenzy. If he doesn't want it then I'll offer it to the next person in line.

Hey Bruce is this available for US spec cars. Can I trade my cables in for them?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some update on this issue.

A Greek friend, electronics worker in BMW Germany, informed me that BMW has released an updated LCM that can be used as retrofit and fixes those issues (fast blinking and maybe strobing)

The Part # that can be used on cars equipped with adaptive xenon headlights is 61 35 9 153 273

It is an LCI product but it is made to be compatible with first gen (MY04) E60s to MY08 LCI E60s.

Here it is

I can't guarantee his word, but check if your car is in the list and see whether on not he is correct.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Contributors

There is no US or EU kit any more, they are all the same kit. They simply retain the functionality of your current car while giving you the LCI effect. You cannot simply trade in your current kits but depending on the amount of part re-use I will provide an upgrade option. Just need to work out the amount of effort it will involve before I can price this up. All this will stop very soon because I'm expecting my first baby shortly and my wife has given me a strict deadline on my 'hobby'.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='476458' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:54 AM
There is no US or EU kit any more, they are all the same kit. They simply retain the functionality of your current car while giving you the LCI effect. You cannot simply trade in your current kits but depending on the amount of part re-use I will provide an upgrade option. Just need to work out the amount of effort it will involve before I can price this up. All this will stop very soon because I'm expecting my first baby shortly and my wife has given me a strict deadline on my 'hobby'.

Congratulations on the baby Bruce.

MK
Old 10-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530d, 2006, steptronic, black sapphire, leather Dakota truffle brown, poplar trim, head-up display , dynamic drive, cruise control, active steering, sports steering wheel, adaptive xenon headlights with headlight washers, high beem assistant, alarm, glass sunroof, comfort seats , advanced A/C, nav professional, voice command, logic 7, cd changer, TV, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding internal mirror, smoking package, fold down rear seats, skibag, “138-style” rims , cup holders, wooden handbrake lever and shifter (poplar), wood on bottom center console, preparation for Bluetooth, comfort access system

Hi,

guys, I've just received form my dealer brochure with autumn/winter accessories offer. From December they will offer full retrofit kit (LCI front and rear lights) for pre LCI cars. I called them but as yet they don?t know any further details . So, it looks like soon there will be no problem with installing those lights.

Regards,

Witek
Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Witek_E60' post='476461' date='Oct 1 2007, 12:05 PM
Hi,

guys, I've just received form my dealer brochure with autumn/winter accessories offer. From December they will offer full retrofit kit (LCI front and rear lights) for pre LCI cars. I called them but as yet they don?t know any further details . So, it looks like soon there will be no problem with installing those lights.

Regards,

Witek

I bet the front LCI retrofit kit will costs an arm and a leg....
Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='476457' date='Oct 1 2007, 04:51 PM
Some update on this issue.

A Greek friend, electronics worker in BMW Germany, informed me that BMW has released an updated LCM that can be used as retrofit and fixes those issues (fast blinking and maybe strobing)

The Part # that can be used on cars equipped with adaptive xenon headlights is 61 35 9 153 273

It is an LCI product but it is made to be compatible with first gen (MY04) E60s to MY08 LCI E60s.

Here it is

I can't guarantee his word, but check if your car is in the list and see whether on not he is correct.
Merdashti has just got BMW to install a new LCM in his pre-LCI car, dont know what part number he used. I've been helping him with a cable set but his car is apparently different in that it wont strobe the turn lights. However you still need a cable converting the 6 pins to the 8 pin plug plus a new LCM and coding, unless the retrofit involves some wire harness changes too.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

do the BMW oem retrofits usually come with cables?

Quick Reply: LCI Taillights retrofit - finally managed to get this working