E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI RETROFIT WORTH IT

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys/gals

I have a question? Is the LCI head light retrofit worth it? I already know the LCI tailights are awesome (especially euros spec). I plan in buying them soon as I find them at a good price. Anybody selling/used new LCI tails with the cables? Oh and sorry if this is in the wrong spot?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Yes ... the visibility improvement on the AE is nothing to compare ... ... one of the best mod I've done ...just the install wasn't that fun
Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Let me put it this way,
If you have the regular halogen headlights then its totally worth it. Do the LCI headlight retrofit.
If you have BiXenons adaptive and all that stuff your better off doing Orion V2's.

Now equation changes if you have a really nice car like an M5--
If you have a PreLCI M5 and you have a little cash to really make things work the right way, Pull the trigger on the complete LCI upgrade from BMW.

The LCI tail lights are worth it no matter what model of BMW E60 you drive
Old 02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

At first I did the LCI Euro-spec tails with bruce cables, and I was really happy with the upgrade. But after a while I started to really pay attention to the LCI headlights around town and the more I thought about it, the more dated my headlights started to look to me.

So I went on eBay and picked up a set of AHL LCi bi-xenon's.

As stated above, the install process is not the most exciting - it took a while and the coding afterwards is still going on. I have an '07 that has LCM2 already so that part I got away with very easy.

The day I got them all wired up and installed I remember looking at the front of my car and thinking how clean it now looked. Even my girlfriend who could care less about cars said it made a dramatic visual improvement.

What I like about the LCI lights:

The projectors seems bit bigger and as a result the light distribution feels more wide-spread giving me better night vision on some of the darker LA roads. I LOVE the halos as DRL's. The welcome lights make me happy I did this every time I unlock my car at night.

These lights combined with the OEM E90 LED license plate lights make me feel like my car is much more up to date. So is it worth it? I guess that question could be countered with, "Are you planning to keep your car for a while?"

Start with LCI tails and you may see what I am talking about.