E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 02:46 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

You're telling me BMW don't know why that green light is flashing!

From the manual "Adaptive Head Light is faulty or has failed".
Old 12-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

merdashti, do you know if the adaptive feature of the headlights work properly like swivel etc? Since you reused the ALC (adaptive light control) from the old headlights, maybe this can be the source of the problem?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW ALPINA B5

Bruce,

come to think of it .. they did mention adaptive lights.. maybe I was too excited and did not pay attention... After recieving the call, I went there and they were still recoding it... after that there was no flashing green light.. no faults on the idrive... everything was ok! The headlights look so sick on the car! It was worth the $$$ spent!

Thanks
M.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='501715' date='Dec 2 2007, 02:46 PM
You're telling me BMW don't know why that green light is flashing!

From the manual "Adaptive Head Light is faulty or has failed".
Old 12-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Members

Root,

I think when they called me the problem was there ! but they must have done something cause after I got there and tried the lights they were normal... there was no green light flashing!

I spoke to the bmw electrician there and he will be giving me the wiring map tommorow when I pick up the car! I will post some pics once I get it.. the lights really give the car the extra glamore!

Take care
M.

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='501718' date='Dec 2 2007, 03:15 PM
merdashti, do you know if the adaptive feature of the headlights work properly like swivel etc? Since you reused the ALC (adaptive light control) from the old headlights, maybe this can be the source of the problem?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Contributors

Congrat Merdashti! So everything is all good and error free? Got to post some pictures!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Contributors

By the way, I think you are the 1st OEM E60 facelift lights + bumpers retrofitted in the world!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Merdashti' post='501847' date='Dec 2 2007, 08:16 PM
Root,

I think when they called me the problem was there ! but they must have done something cause after I got there and tried the lights they were normal... there was no green light flashing!

I spoke to the bmw electrician there and he will be giving me the wiring map tommorow when I pick up the car! I will post some pics once I get it.. the lights really give the car the extra glamore!

Take care
M.

way to go - well done !
Old 12-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by Merdashti' post='501847' date='Dec 2 2007, 11:16 AM
Root,

Take care
M.
So what was the total cost? did you also get your tail lights done?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Members

Root,

Everything is fitted and LM has been recoded - there are zero faults on the Idrive. The car has been with BMW now for 10 days almost but the end result is pleasing. I just picked it up like 1 hour ago and will post the pictures later on.

I got the manual but cant seem to read the mechanics notes! I tried getting hold of him when I was picking up the car - but could not locate him.

Take care
M.

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='501848' date='Dec 2 2007, 10:18 PM
Congrat Merdashti! So everything is all good and error free? Got to post some pictures!
Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Members

R9ndy,

The cost of labor before discount was $700 this was just for the kit to be fitted and recoding of the LM. The tail lights were also done. There is a catch here! You can not just do one part of this retrofit! You have to do the whole kit retrofit the front headlamps and tailights plus Light Module for it to function properly. Now if you just want to do the tail lights you can but then you have to get Bruce's cable for them to work.

If you attempt to fit the tail lights and wiring of that kit you will also need the LM to be changed - but then you will loose functionalty of some features of the headlamps (angel eyes and halogen low beams).

The kit costs as follows;

Light module $300 -350
wiring $50
AHL headlamps $2200 you can get them from Garry and get a good discount
Tail lights $500

You will need the following if your car was produced before 2005;
2 Xenon bulb $350
2 Xenon Ballasts $550
2 bulb clips $5

AHL motor you can use the one on your current light with no problems.

Labor depends on your dealership - mine charged me $450 after discount ($700 original bill)

Regards,
M.

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='501988' date='Dec 3 2007, 07:48 AM
So what was the total cost? did you also get your tail lights done?

Quick Reply: LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights