E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

Rootkit, Andy,...when you guys changed the headlamps to the LCI ones, did you go for the whole kit, or did you guys use back the old ignitors, ballast, bulbs,etc. ? i would like to know 'coz the whole set is very expensive compared to just purchasing the basic housing of the LCI headlamps...i don't plan to buy the conversion kit since i already have the tail lamps...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:39 AM
Contributors

Is it true that since my car is an 02/05 production car, the LKM's also has to get changed? ...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='562371
Is it true that since my car is an 02/05 production car, the LKM's also has to get changed? ...
yes.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Does anybody know if i only buy the basic housing of the LCI headlights, can i use back my old bulb/ignitor/ballast for this retrofit to work? has anyone done this retrofit this way? At least if it works, i think i'd save a bit...
Old 04-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Contributors

Check the production date of your car to one I listed above. It's located on side of the driver's side when you open the door. That would determine which parts you can reuse or buy. It's not so much if it works or not...it's got to do with the old parts not fitting the LCI light housing. Newer model year will end up spenting less on parts. For example, '07 model year cars may only need the light housing; everything is reusuable according to BMW instructions and from comparison of old parts to the new LCI parts.

Originally Posted by bmw_wpq31' post='562765' date='Apr 16 2008, 07:01 PM
Does anybody know if i only buy the basic housing of the LCI headlights, can i use back my old bulb/ignitor/ballast for this retrofit to work? has anyone done this retrofit this way? At least if it works, i think i'd save a bit...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='561090' date='Apr 14 2008, 02:39 AM
Let me correct my earlier statement. Andy545 installed the lights. Then had to have the latest progman installed first before accessing the retrofit procedure.

I understand totally....the programming itself sometimes take a day or longer depending how many times it crashes. Mine crashed 2-3 times. You can try to install the parts first and then look for the procedure to code it. At worst, will then need to update to the latest progman.

RootKit,

What was your total price parts and labor? I have a 2004 525. What dealer did you take it to? Im from orange county.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Hey All , Denmark calling we need help

I have some problems after changing to the new LCI headligts w. Dynamic drive ( AHL ) ,also changed the tail-lights to Org. new BMW LED type ,but I got the green light flashing on my light-switc ( and no AHL function ) , I have read in this tread that other had the same problem ( I think mentioned by Rootkit/Andy 545 ).

The Car has Head up , Bi-Xenon and Dynamic drive ( AHL ) , so LM 154 944 should be the right one.

I have changed the LM ( to Light Modul 154 944 ), but reused the ALC box'es from my 12-2003 E60 525IA , I mean I read that someone have changed thees and therby solwed the problem , can anyone confirm this ? , I don't want to bay 2 new box'es if it not helps ( price here in DK a pice 150-175 USD ).

We ( my BMW mechanic and I ) have tryed coding both the LM and the AHL function w. PROGMAN and it says "okay" , but the AHL donsent still work , and the green light keep flashing when light-switc in "auto" or in position 2 ( full headhlight / low beam ) , when we test with the BMW DIS tester it comes up with " comunication failur" to AHL ( I wonder thereto PROGMAN say's Okay ??? ).

We have contacted BMW Denmark , but thy can't give an answer , so I hope someone here at the forum are able to help us out , any help will be much apriciatet .
Old 12-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='738362' date='Dec 4 2008, 11:22 PM
Hey All , Denmark calling we need help

I have some problems after changing to the new LCI headligts w. Dynamic drive ( AHL ) ,also changed the tail-lights to Org. new BMW LED type ,but I got the green light flashing on my light-switc ( and no AHL function ) , I have read in this tread that other had the same problem ( I think mentioned by Rootkit/Andy 545 ).

The Car has Head up , Bi-Xenon and Dynamic drive ( AHL ) , so LM 154 944 should be the right one.

I have changed the LM ( to Light Modul 154 944 ), but reused the ALC box'es from my 12-2003 E60 525IA , I mean I read that someone have changed thees and therby solwed the problem , can anyone confirm this ? , I don't want to bay 2 new box'es if it not helps ( price here in DK a pice 150-175 USD ).

We ( my BMW mechanic and I ) have tryed coding both the LM and the AHL function w. PROGMAN and it says "okay" , but the AHL donsent still work , and the green light keep flashing when light-switc in "auto" or in position 2 ( full headhlight / low beam ) , when we test with the BMW DIS tester it comes up with " comunication failur" to AHL ( I wonder thereto PROGMAN say's Okay ??? ).

We have contacted BMW Denmark , but thy can't give an answer , so I hope someone here at the forum are able to help us out , any help will be much apriciatet .
Great timing.. I had my LCI lights done a few weeks back! I too had the same problem with the ALC, flashing green. I recieved my new ALC today part no. 63 12 7 189 312. i just finished installing this half hour ago and the green light stopped blinking!! The auto adjusting aligned perfectly! (i know this for a fact because i got a loaner 08 5 series yesterday and i marked the horizontal and vertical height) The adaptive seems to work, however, when i face the wall and turn the car seems that there is very slight movement about an inch or so.. not sure if ALC needs to be coded or if that's normal on the LCI..

Does anyone know if the ALC box needs to be coded?

Does your Angel Eyes work as DRL? My angel eyes only turn on when i unlock the car.. Would you have any ideas?

let me know how it goes..
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='738459' date='Dec 5 2008, 10:55 AM
Great timing.. I had my LCI lights done a few weeks back! I too had the same problem with the ALC, flashing green. I recieved my new ALC today part no. 63 12 7 189 312. i just finished installing this half hour ago and the green light stopped blinking!! The auto adjusting aligned perfectly! (i know this for a fact because i got a loaner 08 5 series yesterday and i marked the horizontal and vertical height) The adaptive seems to work, however, when i face the wall and turn the car seems that there is very slight movement about an inch or so.. not sure if ALC needs to be coded or if that's normal on the LCI..

Does anyone know if the ALC box needs to be coded?

Does your Angel Eyes work as DRL? My angel eyes only turn on when i unlock the car.. Would you have any ideas?

let me know how it goes..
Great r9ndy

Thanks a lot , just what I was hoping to hear , but cloud you please clarify a matter or two more for me ?

What year is your car month/year ?

Do you also run with the LM 154-944 ?

My headligths has the BMW part Nr. 177 733-06 and 177 734-06 ( i think -06 is just the manufator date/year 2006 ) whats yours ?

To make your Angel Eys work right you have to switc 4 wire at the LM , I will post the pin nr. switc later ( don't have the diagram right here now )

But anyway , I am Very greatfull for your answer THANKS
Old 12-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='738466' date='Dec 5 2008, 02:31 AM
Great r9ndy

Thanks a lot , just what I was hoping to hear , but cloud you please clarify a matter or two more for me ?

What year is your car month/year ?

Do you also run with the LM 154-944 ?

My headligths has the BMW part Nr. 177 733-06 and 177 734-06 ( i think -06 is just the manufator date/year 2006 ) whats yours ?

To make your Angel Eys work right you have to switc 4 wire at the LM , I will post the pin nr. switc later ( don't have the diagram right here now )

But anyway , I am Very greatfull for your answer THANKS
my car is production date 9/04 545i. yes i have the LM 154-944. i first used a newer LM 9186, but that didn't work it couldn't be coded as far as i know the only LM that can be coded is 4944. I do not have the part no. of my headlights, but i believe they are the newest one.

what do you mean you have to switch pins to make the DRLs work? did you follow the diagram on the LCI pdf file? LCI_Conversion.pdf

Did your dealer enable your DRL or did it work right after you encoded your LM? my angel eyes work when unlocking just not as DRL, it just turns off when the car is started

Quick Reply: LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights