E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Halogen LED AE & HL Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

I'm sure there are quite a few topics with mentions of this in it...though I haven't really seen a DIY or anyone getting too specific about LED AE bulbs on an LCI car with Halogen HL.

That said, I recently picked up a pair of DDM Tuning HID's and while i'm waiting for them to arrive I thought I would start to plan out what I am going to do about my stock AE's.

Option A: Spending close to 200 bucks and buy a pair of Modified bulbs to fit my car from somewhere.

Option B: Buy some bulb holders and find a bulb that works from Ebay. Then make it work correctly. Maybe turn this into a DIY later?

This thread is going to be about Option B (Obviously)

Here is what I found so far for 5W bulbs...great pricing...they look to be identical just one is located in singapore and the other in california.

5W Bulb From Singapore

5W Bulb From California

And...here is a 10W Bulb

10W Bulb From Singapore

So the first step is for me to select the correct bulb to work with...I know that my factory bulb is a H10W bulb. Will the 5W bulbs work out okay or should I consider the 10W bulb? I would almost rather do the 10W bulb as it is brighter but have no idea if either would be compatible with my LCI E60.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

So many views and no replies yet?? Could someone shed some light on this? would those 10W bulbs work in theory if I glued them to my modified bulb holders??

The factory bulbs are 10W themselves right?? Trying to figure out if my factory wiring can power these things and if so perhaps not give me any issues since its the same wattage as the stock bulbs (assuming H10W draws 10 watts of power). If not I'll just get a 5W bulb like everyone else.

I know there is no definite answer...just going based on theories for now....but an educated guess from someone with a little experience would help before I start buying and testing stuff
Old 11-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to do those research with you after this month!!

I just have wayyyy too many stuffs to handle this month. School applications, tests and exams, replacement for my 4 month old MacBook Pro (my stupid friend spilled his coffee on it ), and so on so on..

Good Luck and if you find a solution, I'd LOVE to drive to West Covina to check it out!!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gizzler
I'd love to do those research with you after this month!!

I just have wayyyy too many stuffs to handle this month. School applications, tests and exams, replacement for my 4 month old MacBook Pro (my stupid friend spilled his coffee on it ), and so on so on..

Good Luck and if you find a solution, I'd LOVE to drive to West Covina to check it out!!
Get motorcepts 5W AE. LCI Halogen cars AE are not plug and play. Look at my sig pic, those are motorcepts 5W AE. John@motorcepts has them.

LOL, I am also applying to colleges. And no dumbass friend but my myself spilled tea all over my macbook, need to get a replacement ASAP.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
Get motorcepts 5W AE. LCI Halogen cars AE are not plug and play. Look at my sig pic, those are motorcepts 5W AE. John@motorcepts has them.

LOL, I am also applying to colleges. And no dumbass friend but my myself spilled tea all over my macbook, need to get a replacement ASAP.
Yea, I'm still debating on whether to go with John's LEDs or go big with Orion ,
But honestly, I like the subtle look of the amber AE with HID low beam than all white (maybe just me). I just want those amber AE to be BRIGHTER (saw on 1 series in daytime)

Which school are you applying if you don't mind me asking. I'm actually in community college right now and gonna transfer to a 4 year Uni next year. (UC Berkeley, UCLA, or UC San Diego)

It sucks not to have Macbook!! I'm deciding whether to go with Air or Pro again for the replacement.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Senior Members

So I ordered the 10W ones and some bulb holders...hope they work...stay tuned!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Members

Keep us updated bro.
Originally Posted by MORI3L
So I ordered the 10W ones and some bulb holders...hope they work...stay tuned!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Originally Posted by Gizzler
Yea, I'm still debating on whether to go with John's LEDs or go big with Orion ,
But honestly, I like the subtle look of the amber AE with HID low beam than all white (maybe just me). I just want those amber AE to be BRIGHTER (saw on 1 series in daytime)

Which school are you applying if you don't mind me asking. I'm actually in community college right now and gonna transfer to a 4 year Uni next year. (UC Berkeley, UCLA, or UC San Diego)

It sucks not to have Macbook!! I'm deciding whether to go with Air or Pro again for the replacement.
?? which ones you order?

Very curious since you mention bulb holders
Old 11-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
?? which ones you order?

Very curious since you mention bulb holders
I ordered these bulbs and these bulb holders....I will cut the bulb holders and epoxy them to the leds...then with some wiretaps ill wire up those leds to the factory wiring. Hopefully they don't give me too many problems
Old 11-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Your second link doesnt work, but your idea sounds interesting.

Quick Reply: LCI Halogen LED AE & HL Lighting