E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Halogen Headlights - The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 LCI E61 5-Series Touring M-Sport Westfield SpeedSport (Race car). 250bhp, weighs 500kg. 500bhp/ton. 0-60mph 3.2secs.
Thumbs down

Following this thread and this thread, I thought it'd be a good idea to combine them into one definitive thread. There seems to be quite a few of us with LCI E60's / E61's with the standard Halogen lights wanting to improve them!

Picture below is the Headlight sticker in my car - a UK October 2008 E61 LCI M-Sport with the standard Halogen headlights.

Below is what I know, can everyone else please add what they know too and shout if I've got any of it wrong! (I'm still new to the E60 scene!), and can any passing sellers say what products they do that are compatible. I've read lots of adverts on here and general internet for replacement bulbs/HID's, but mainly for Pre-LCI Halogens or LCI Xenons .

Angel Eyes

There is one H10W bulb in each headlight, 1 bulb for both rings.
I haven't found any adverts from traders on here saying they do a replacement for this, most I found don't explicitly say what bulb their kit uses and the ones that do, use H8 bulbs including Nick@Jlevi SW's advert in one of the above threads . H8 is the type the LCI Factory Xenon headlight unit takes, not the LCI Halogen headlight unit which uses a H10W.

Low Beams
This bulb is behind the projector, and I think it's a H7 There's lots of HID kits advertised here but I'm not too sure which ones are compatible with the LCI cars

High Beams
This bulb is not behind a projector, it's in a standard reflector unit. As such it shouldn't be replaced with a HID, but could be replaced with a bulb that's more blue-white than yellow-white to match the HID low beam if you've replaced that. From what I know, Osram NightBreaker is one of the brightest/whitest xenon look bulbs.... I think it's another H7 bulb (like the low beams), but I'm not sure

Some more pictures just for clarity

So there we are, those two threads condensed into one. Now we know what bulbs they are, it should just be a case of finding out who's kits are compatible.....
Old 06-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Westyfield2
Following this thread and this thread, I thought it'd be a good idea to combine them into one definitive thread. There seems to be quite a few of us with LCI E60's / E61's with the standard Halogen lights wanting to improve them!

Picture below is the Headlight sticker in my car - a UK October 2008 E61 LCI M-Sport with the standard Halogen headlights.

Below is what I know, can everyone else please add what they know too and shout if I've got any of it wrong! (I'm still new to the E60 scene!), and can any passing sellers say what products they do that are compatible. I've read lots of adverts on here and general internet for replacement bulbs/HID's, but mainly for Pre-LCI Halogens or LCI Xenons .

Angel Eyes

There is one H10W bulb in each headlight, 1 bulb for both rings.
I haven't found any adverts from traders on here saying they do a replacement for this, most I found don't explicitly say what bulb their kit uses and the ones that do, use H8 bulbs including Nick@Jlevi SW's advert in one of the above threads . H8 is the type the LCI Factory Xenon headlight unit takes, not the LCI Halogen headlight unit which uses a H10W.

Low Beams
This bulb is behind the projector, and I think it's a H7 There's lots of HID kits advertised here but I'm not too sure which ones are compatible with the LCI cars

High Beams
This bulb is not behind a projector, it's in a standard reflector unit. As such it shouldn't be replaced with a HID, but could be replaced with a bulb that's more blue-white than yellow-white to match the HID low beam if you've replaced that. From what I know, Osram NightBreaker is one of the brightest/whitest xenon look bulbs.... I think it's another H7 bulb (like the low beams), but I'm not sure

Some more pictures just for clarity

So there we are, those two threads condensed into one. Now we know what bulbs they are, it should just be a case of finding out who's kits are compatible.....

i have the same problem. i was wondering if you had a solution on this yet? thanks
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Senior Members

Contact Brabus and get a Xenon kit. It should work well with the projector style of the Halogen LCI's!