E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

KSports Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

How did it feel on the freeway?

Originally Posted by Aspxguru
no its smoother than when i had it set stiffer. The bounce seems to come when the dampeners are so stiff that the tires take all the bumps and not the springs. Im gonna give it a week and ill post my thoughts. I dont want to rush to judgement.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i black

this is the reason i went with kw street comfort instead.. my kws ride like stock.
we all know ALL lowered ride improves handling and corners... but i dont think i can live with a little bit of stiffness on the ride. but i guess thats to each their own . but would love to hear more feedback after they settle in!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i black

aspxguru,

i see your running 20x9.5 - 255/30/20. any problems with inner clearance after the drop?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pablonam
this is the reason i went with kw street comfort instead.. my kws ride like stock.
we all know ALL lowered ride improves handling and corners... but i dont think i can live with a little bit of stiffness on the ride. but i guess thats to each their own . but would love to hear more feedback after they settle in!

Just curious but how low are you riding?
Old 08-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

KWs FTW!

But I have to admit, Ksports are probably the best bang for your buck coilovers you can get for the E60.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Members

aspxguru,

i see your running 20x9.5 - 255/30/20. any problems with inner clearance after the drop?
Currently its fine. I was experimenting with lowering it further but the inside of the tire would hit the strut if i lower it any further. I want to put a wider tire on the front but my current setup will not allow it. I think i may do it if i get M5 fenders and put a spacer on the front. But thats for later. Its fine for now.

Originally Posted by TakmaN
KWs FTW!

But I have to admit, Ksports are probably the best bang for your buck coilovers you can get for the E60.

I bought the KSports purely based on price and others having good reviews. Im sure they could ride more like stock if some softer springs could be obtained but now that I have moved them to the softest setting they are very livable. I think mainly its the spring rate that makes them so stiff. Im sure if you crank the adjusters up it doesnt help matters but i feel like the stiffness of the springs could do with about 25% less stiffness.

Michael, is that a possibility to get slightly softer springs?
Old 08-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Originally Posted by Aspxguru
Michael, is that a possibility to get slightly softer springs?
Yes custom spring rates are available. Extra cost of $75. I'm very surprised you're on the softest setting and still want softer. What was your OE suspension and what did you think of that?

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 08-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Yes custom spring rates are available. Extra cost of $75. I'm very surprised you're on the softest setting and still want softer. What was your OE suspension and what did you think of that?

Michael
Acute Performance

I had the OE sport suspension. I thought the ride on that was about perfect. Im not saying the ride is bad its just much stiffer than before. Im not gonna make any hasty judgements. I want to give it some time and see how it settles in. I also want to go get it aligned first as well. Im rally glad there are other springs available though.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

You liking your KWs Ross?

Originally Posted by TakmaN
KWs FTW!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:48 PM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

i dont really see why you'd want the ride to be softer...
i guess i like sportier handling of the Ksports more than most.

Quick Reply: KSports Installed