E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ksports Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a few hours to kill this afternoon so I started to investigate how hard the install will be. I took one side apart in the front but I had a hard time removing the strut from the spindle. Im not sure that I don't have to remove it completely. Also is there recommended points to put jack stands? I know the jacking points for the Jack are on the sides..
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Aspxguru
I had a few hours to kill this afternoon so I started to investigate how hard the install will be. I took one side apart in the front but I had a hard time removing the strut from the spindle. Im not sure that I don't have to remove it completely. Also is there recommended points to put jack stands? I know the jacking points for the Jack are on the sides..

Put the jack stands at the jacking points behind the front wheels. Lift car from the center (front) jacking point under the engine - you'll see the jack pad there if you look and no one scraped it off. You'll need the jack to lift the suspension into place again to bolt it down, you want it seated properly before tightening the bolts.

Need anymore tips PM me
Old 07-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
Put the jack stands at the jacking points behind the front wheels. Lift car from the center (front) jacking point under the engine - you'll see the jack pad there if you look and no one scraped it off. You'll need the jack to lift the suspension into place again to bolt it down, you want it seated properly before tightening the bolts.

Need anymore tips PM me
I didn't realize there was a center jacking point. Do you happen to have a picture of it? The whole bottom is covered with plastic panels and I don't want to put it in the wrong place.

Thanks!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Aspxguru
I didn't realize there was a center jacking point. Do you happen to have a picture of it? The whole bottom is covered with plastic panels and I don't want to put it in the wrong place.

Thanks!
I'll take a picture for you in the morning, it's getting a little late