E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

KSport VS Megan Coilvers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
hes price shopping alone, people who do that eventually and always have it come back to bite them in the ass. If the $75 difference was enough to make him go elsewhere on coilovers, hes not your type of customer to start with.

Hes looking for cheap, not expertise.

Megans are good, so are ksport. Itll come down to what he pays for the install and who he goes to when or if he has problems

I didn't know price shopping translated into looking for cheap and not expertise. who in there right mind wouldn't price shop. we as consumers all do that.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by WHITEseries.net
I didn't know price shopping translated into looking for cheap and not expertise. who in there right mind wouldn't price shop. we as consumers all do that.
i sure as shit dont shop by price alone its actually what i look at last, they have to make money in order to continue to exist as a company and their years in the industry doesnt come cheap to them but it does to us as their clients. I look for honesty, being established as a company and experience. Plus his involvement in the forums goes beyond just selling parts (which is what 95% of our vendors do)

pay the $925 shipped from Michael for the Ksports, hes an awesome vendor and knows his shit, i even part parts for my cressida from him and he also helped me figure out my stance on the e60, he helped pave the way for stanced e60's on this forum

name another vendor that did that....the extra $75 in the difference is for that knowledge.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
i sure as shit dont shop by price alone its actually what i look at last, they have to make money in order to continue to exist as a company and their years in the industry doesnt come cheap to them but it does to us as their clients. I look for honesty, being established as a company and experience. Plus his involvement in the forums goes beyond just selling parts (which is what 95% of our vendors do)

pay the $925 shipped from Michael for the Ksports, hes an awesome vendor and knows his shit, i even part parts for my cressida from him and he also helped me figure out my stance on the e60, he helped pave the way for stanced e60's on this forum

name another vendor that did that....the extra $75 in the difference is for that knowledge.

Cool man you SURE AS SHIT don't shop by price alone, well not all of us are ultra rich like you and have the luxury of making price the last factor.

So don't knock people when they do price shop and make the correlation that they're looking for the more inferior/cheaper product. It's called being a prudent consumer.

By the way You should consider doing a commercial for Acute in your Cressida.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Contributors

Being a prudent consumer would be understanding that the cheapest price is usually indicative of lousy support after the sale or no support at all, sometimes thats not the case but its what ive found over the years

you pay the cheapest price upfront, and down the road it costs more by way of replacement parts, service etc

you pay a decent price upfront and the vendor holds themselves accountable to give you proper service after the sale to ensure you are repeat business, the cheap vendor doesnt usually care because no profit was really involved

its up to you in the end, im just giving you my suggestions
Old 04-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

I say get whatever makes you feel most comfortable. If you have any questions/concerns after you get them I'm sure you'll find the proper help. I just know about the KSports from personal experience and don't know anything regarding the Megans. Anyways, let us know what you end up with.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Senior Members

Acute P is awesome vendor. He has taken the time to answer my numerous questions when i needed direction on dropping the car, even though he never made a dime from me....well not yet, Michael!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Members

Anybody installed Megan yet?
Old 10-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Members

Do ksport make softer spring rate than 9k/10k ?
Old 10-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Yes you can request which spring rate you want.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 10-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Would 5.6K/5K be possible? Does it cost more for a custom spring rate? (Ksports)

Quick Reply: KSport VS Megan Coilvers