E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

KSport VS Megan Coilvers

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either setup will be fine for most street users as a "budget" coilover system, meant for those who just want to lower their car for looks.

Otherwise, look into Bilstein PSS or KWs for a good coilover system. H&R also makes a coilover application for E60s but from our experience, they tend to ride a bit too harsh for street use.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

I respectfully disagree with that statement. I think KSport can perform just as well as KW/Bilstein on the track. Check out KSport's blog at http://ksportusa.com/blog/

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS
Either setup will be fine for most street users as a "budget" coilover system, meant for those who just want to lower their car for looks.

Otherwise, look into Bilstein PSS or KWs for a good coilover system. H&R also makes a coilover application for E60s but from our experience, they tend to ride a bit too harsh for street use.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Contributors

ok ladies play nice....its all about spring rates and valving
Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Former Vendor

I am playing nice. I carry KW/Bilstein/KSport, I could not care less what someone buys. I just don't want people saying things that simply aren't true.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 04-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
I am playing nice. I carry KW/Bilstein/KSport, I could not care less what someone buys. I just don't want people saying things that simply aren't true.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Agreed, however...the claim that Ksport is on the same level as Bilstein/KW is a bit of a stretch, by any rule of measurement.

But I digress.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530 Titanium Silver Sport/Premium PKG OEM Mtech Kit

Ksport does get alot, if not all of positive reviews here. MR still yet TBD. Someone should chime in their experience with MR.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Banned

I would put my money on a set of Bilstein PSS. They are a few bills extra than then Megan/Ksport. I had Ksport on my 335i, and i still have it, the only difference is, its sitting somewhere on my storage after multiple failures. I'd contacted Anthony from Ksport about getting replacement parts from them but so far no luck. I swapped the suspension with KW v2 and for 3 years i have no problem.

Ksport could be better now but seriously i will look into Bilstein PSS before spending your hard earn dollar. Just my .02c

I will try to find pictures of the failure coils. The pillowball upper mount failed and makes unbearable tapping noise ( i know that pillowball creates more NVH, but this one caused by a failed upper bearing retainer that caused the bearing to go up and down. My rear shocks is actually came apart in half.

The coilover was a sponsored unit from Ksport that was given to us for testing. 3 years ago Ksport was not into the euro market yet. At first we were pleased with the ride and quality and for the price they are really best bang for the buck. I wish they lasted longer than the 2 months i had it.

I am stating the facts based on my experience. Others might have different experience.

Make a right decision, whichever one you choose to go with i am sure you'll be happy.

Regards

Darwin W
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor

Let's get back on track. I believe the OP asked about KSport vs Megan and not KSport vs KW/Bilstein.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 04-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Let's get back on track. I believe the OP asked about KSport vs Megan and not KSport vs KW/Bilstein.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Michael,

Your right let's get back on track. For the prospective coilover buyers will you offer a price match and competitive takeaway?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by WHITEseries.net
Michael,

Your right let's get back on track. For the prospective coilover buyers will you offer a price match and competitive takeaway?
With such low margins $925 shipped is my price. I think the support and knowledge offered more than makes up for the price difference. How much are the Megans? They can't possibly be that much less.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Quick Reply: KSport VS Megan Coilvers