E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Koni Adjustable shocks..

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

My koni sport yellow have just arrived and been installed early this afternoon by CarLab. I bought it from shox.com and their service was really good, i would give them a .

I think this will be my last mods for my car before i part out all the mods in my car within the next 6 months. I will update more about the ride with the koni shocks on..
Attached Thumbnails Koni Adjustable shocks..-dsc01196__2_.jpg   Koni Adjustable shocks..-dsc01195__2_.jpg   Koni Adjustable shocks..-dsc01194__2_.jpg  
Old 11-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='198882' date='Nov 15 2005, 10:19 PM
My koni sport yellow have just arrived and been installed early this afternoon by CarLab. I bought it from shox.com and their service was really good, i would give them a .

I think this will be my last mods for my car before i part out all the mods in my car within the next 6 months. I will update more about the ride with the koni shocks on..
Hey Soc_fans,
Thanks for the link. I also ordered a set of Koni yellow shocks from them. I was able to get the front and rear shocks for $518 because the guy I talked to said that he can give me a cheaper quote if I purchase the shocks under a business name.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:25 PM
zag
Contributors

My Ride: e60 530i - SOLD!

Originally Posted by choi000' post='199836

Hey Soc_fans,
Thanks for the link. I also ordered a set of Koni yellow shocks from them. I was able to get the front and rear shocks for $518 because the guy I talked to said that he can give me a cheaper quote if I purchase the shocks under a business name.
[/quote]

choi000
does yr ride comes with ARS? (notice you have sport package)... do you know if those after market shocks and spring are compatible with the e60 ARS system?
I have been researching on coilovers lately and have not gotten satisfactory answer from any of them about the compatibility and have therefore refraining from putting them on. BMW insider claims the ARS and their OEM sport suspension is optimally setup to work in synergy but not aftermarket ones.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by choi000' post='199836

Hey Soc_fans,
[/quote]

No problem.. hmm wow you really got a good deal there, we should have bought them together then i can get a better deal... Does that included with tax?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='199875
Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='198882' date='Nov 15 2005, 10:19 PM

Hey Soc_fans,
No problem.. hmm wow you really got a good deal there, we should have bought them together then i can get a better deal... Does that included with tax?
[/quote]

The guy said it would be tax free because the shocks are coming in from Kentucky (I'm located in Cali) and because its purchased through a business at wholesale price.

As for the compatibility of the shocks with the E60's ARS, I think it shouldn't have any problems. I'm currently riding stock shocks with H&R Sport Springs. My stock shocks are wearing out so I needed to replace them with shocks that would be compatible with the H&R Springs.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:48 AM
Contributors

I will like to hear how they feel after you install them. I heard koni makes good product.

But I really dont have the steal balls to mod my car's suspension. I feel a bit like a chicken to do stuff like that.

Enjoy them.