E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just installed my Sub and Amp

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i As loaded as it can come...hud, cw package, f/r heated seats, 20 inch oem style 32 (deep dish),conv package, etc. etc..... Mods: smoked side markers, black painted calipers Coming soon:angel eyes, smoked tails, tint, rear tvs, ipod

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Looks good!

I have a similar install in my car, but my subwoofer is directed into a cabin through the hole in a backseat. I ran the power wire under the plastic cover which covers the trunk lock area in the back part of the trunk.

- Antti -
thanks..and that's a real compliment coming from you..i have seen some of your work and it's unreal..i wish i could do that too..i probably could if
i took the time...
Old 11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i As loaded as it can come...hud, cw package, f/r heated seats, 20 inch oem style 32 (deep dish),conv package, etc. etc..... Mods: smoked side markers, black painted calipers Coming soon:angel eyes, smoked tails, tint, rear tvs, ipod

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Looks good!

I have a similar install in my car, but my subwoofer is directed into a cabin through the hole in a backseat. I ran the power wire under the plastic cover which covers the trunk lock area in the back part of the trunk.

- Antti -
you probably get a better sound that way..should i do that? if so..how do you get to that?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by igngnot
haha stop taking corners at .9 G's

i have a 12" in my trunk and i have to say well done to BMW on the firewall - the only sound i get from it in my cabin really is because the whole car is vibrating.

i keep toying with the idea of pulling the carpet back - drilling a few 2" hoeles and gluing the carpet back in place but man.... thinking about drilling or cutting anything in this car almost makes me tear up
I feel you on this...I got a JL 12 W7 in a ported box and that bass is not NEARLY as loud in the cabin as it is from the outside. I pulled up to a buddies house with my music on low and my buddy told me he knew I was there cause he could hear my trunk rattling I was like wtf...

When I had this sub in my honda accord things were much different....but this aint no honda
Old 09-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Members

what hi inputs cord did you use thanks
Old 11-22-2012, 04:14 AM
New Members

hello everyone, i really need help on how to find the actual wires to connect an after market amp, my car is a e60 2004 model with no factory amp or subs. im pretty sure it is the standard sound system with just 4 speakers. can anyone help please
Old 11-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by 530i JNT
hello everyone, i really need help on how to find the actual wires to connect an after market amp, my car is a e60 2004 model with no factory amp or subs. im pretty sure it is the standard sound system with just 4 speakers. can anyone help please
I would send a message to member technic. If your car came with no amp then this might be a pita to do. You'll probably have to remove your CCC unit (or whatever your car came with) and run some wires from there to your trunk.

Good luck!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by MORI3L
I feel you on this...I got a JL 12 W7 in a ported box and that bass is not NEARLY as loud in the cabin as it is from the outside. I pulled up to a buddies house with my music on low and my buddy told me he knew I was there cause he could hear my trunk rattling I was like wtf...

When I had this sub in my honda accord things were much different....but this aint no honda
That's always been my biggest complaint with my E60. Even before I added my aftermarket system, the Logic7 system was very loud outside of the car. It sounded so terrible, it was honestly embarrassing. Now with my aftermarket system, it's even more of a problem. Just using a single JL Audio 12W6v2 in the stealthbox.

My old car was a Lexus, and while I prefer the E60 vastly.... the Lexus was very good at containing the sound of my 1800 Watt aftermarket system. You could hardly tell it was playing from outside the car. And that was with three JL Audio 10W6 subs.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 11-29-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
That's always been my biggest complaint with my E60. Even before I added my aftermarket system, the Logic7 system was very loud outside of the car. It sounded so terrible, it was honestly embarrassing. Now with my aftermarket system, it's even more of a problem. Just using a single JL Audio 12W6v2 in the stealthbox.

My old car was a Lexus, and while I prefer the E60 vastly.... the Lexus was very good at containing the sound of my 1800 Watt aftermarket system. You could hardly tell it was playing from outside the car. And that was with three JL Audio 10W6 subs.
I think the solution is to cut a couple holes in the rear deck...but I'm not sure if I can cut my baby!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by MORI3L
I think the solution is to cut a couple holes in the rear deck...but I'm not sure if I can cut my baby!
I have the split-fold rear seats, so I just removed the ski sleeve and I leave the rear armrest in the down position. This allows plenty of bass to enter the cabin.

As for the sound from outside the car, the only way to combat this is to install lots of Dynamat dampening to the trunk and car doors, and to build speaker baffles when doing your install.

In my old Lexus, I had fiberglass speaker enclosures built for the front doors which sealed the rear of the speakers from the interior of the doors. I believe this helped reduce the amount of sound escaping to the outside of the car.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007

There is no reason to use a hi-lo converter and degrade sound quality. The line level inputs come into the little amplifier in the back so you can just tap into those instead of the line outs on the other side of the amp.

Quick Reply: Just installed my Sub and Amp